[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
This is for PurpleMentat and anyone else who is using sprinklers with the irrigation channel valve in the off state.

It doesn't work. Sprinklers show there particles whether or not they are running. Irrigation channels show 1 water even if they are empty (assuming they had water in them at some point prior).

I know this because I used to do this. Then I noticed that my farmland wasn't being hydrated by the sprinklers. I started feeding a proper amount of water to my sprinklers and not only did they start hydrating soil but there was a huge increase in growth.

So, if you think you are benefitting from a bug with your sprinkler system setup you aren't. Sorry. =)

d1ng0d0g

Jul 29, 2019
I was incredibly happy to have finally reached the Terrestrial Agglomeration Plate of Botania, I made the checkerboard. Then I made it again, as I did the order wrong using some more lapis blocks. (As you can't break Lapis without Thaumic level tools).

But that all aside, I then went to drop my mana diamond, manapearl and manasteel ingot onto the plate. A lot of mana was send through the spreader. And then the items despawned.

Okay, nothing amiss, must do something wrong I thought. Since the resources are dirt cheap once you have them, I made a duo of sparks, and discovered those require a portal to Alfheim to function as such.

So I decided to upgrade the spreader with a Potency and Velocity Lens, and started the process again. Again, despawning of the items.

Am I bumping into a bug or am I still doing something wrong ?

(Btw when next I have time I shall try with four manapools and similarly upgraded spreaders)

Alright, I did discover a bug at the same time as being somewhat of a noob. The block underneath the TAP (Terrestrial Agglomeration Plate) should be Living Rock, not Lapis. However, if it is Lapis, and you use a mana spreader, it does take the mana !!

Also, a thank you to PurpleMentat (from Alex Roosterfield) as to showing me how to do that right.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried the Rite of Nature's Power to try and transform an area. As I thought might happen it didn't work quite right.

Normally it will transform stone and sand into dirt and then plant trees and tall grass and flowers and such. But it didn't touch the cracked sand.

Think there might be a way to modify Witchery to include cracked sand in the list of blocks this ritual transforms?

I don't normally bump my posts but I'm doing that here because most posts in this thread that make suggestions get a response and this one didn't. Plus I think it would be awesome to terraform the world with Witchery.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I don't normally bump my posts but I'm doing that here because most posts in this thread that make suggestions get a response and this one didn't. Plus I think it would be awesome to terraform the world with Witchery.
Nothing I can do about this

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I just went a little crazy with my wand of equal exchange.... 75 stacks of dirt later.....

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

I was just about to post on the Witchery Forum, but I was beat to it.lol Here's hoping it's something that can be done, and is done. It would really open that mod up for modpacks like this, if you can add blocks that are effected.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
I just come across a few minor bugs you can still AoE harvest/right click using a TiC scythe when its broken. I also get a 20 FPS drop when pumping out liquid out of a Mariculture tank.

Last edited:

rockhog

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get coal seeds? I have all the items and required mana in the runic altar but I can't figure out how to make them?

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get coal seeds? I have all the items and required mana in the runic altar but I can't figure out how to make them?
Living stone is the catalyst for all altar combines, just drop one on and then finalize with the wand

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I am having the same problem with my crucible furnace it keeps crashing the game and locking up java so i can't even get a crash report.
there should be a copy of the Crash log in the Crash log File. Just open resource fonder while in game, click on minecraft , and there should be a crash file.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
C:\Users\*Name\Downloads\FTB launcher\Regrowth\minecraft\crash-reports

Replace *Name with your name that your pc uses.

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
This looks like exactly the kind of thing I'd play because I'm a hippie like that.

I have a question for you though, because this is a problem I've run into and asked about with my own attempt at making a custom map for something and never gotten anywhere on: How did you make the world only generate cracked sand without using a flat world? I've been trying to do the same thing with BoP, exceot I've been trying to make it only spawn the snowy or icy biome types, but every time I disable biomes in the config, it does not seem to listen. This pretty much halted my own attempt at HQM a few months ago and I assumed it couldn't be done until now.

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
This looks like exactly the kind of thing I'd play because I'm a hippie like that.

I have a question for you though, because this is a problem I've run into and asked about with my own attempt at making a custom map for something and never gotten anywhere on: How did you make the world only generate cracked sand without using a flat world? I've been trying to do the same thing with BoP, exceot I've been trying to make it only spawn the snowy or icy biome types, but every time I disable biomes in the config, it does not seem to listen. This pretty much halted my own attempt at HQM a few months ago and I assumed it couldn't be done until now.

The pack uses a Mod called Steve Barren Lands that was made specifically for this pack.
There is a Modlist link to a Google Doc on the OP thread

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019

The pack uses a Mod called Steve Barren Lands that was made specifically for this pack.
There is a Modlist link to a Google Doc on the OP thread
Steve's Barren Lands is indeed made specifically for the pack, but it's not what I use to generate the wasteland only. Its function is to stop trees, flowers and sugar cane from spawning in beach biomes.
I use Climate Control to disable Vanilla biomes, since as far as I can find, its the only mod capable of disabling vanilla biomes in 1.7.10. Both BoP and EBXL are supposed to have this functionality, but something in 1.7.10 broke it for them. The cracked sand is just EBXLs wasteland biome, and I use COFH Core to generate large amounts of it to nearly completely replace (a few blocks sneak through untouched) grass and dirt blocks around sea level in the beach and ocean biomes.

Reactions: SnowShock35

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
Steve's Barren Lands is indeed made specifically for the pack, but it's not what I use to generate the wasteland only. Its function is to stop trees, flowers and sugar cane from spawning in beach biomes.
I use Climate Control to disable Vanilla biomes, since as far as I can find, its the only mod capable of disabling vanilla biomes in 1.7.10. Both BoP and EBXL are supposed to have this functionality, but something in 1.7.10 broke it for them. The cracked sand is just EBXLs wasteland biome, and I use COFH Core to generate large amounts of it to nearly completely replace (a few blocks sneak through untouched) grass and dirt blocks around sea level in the beach and ocean biomes.

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought I read somewhere on the thread that is was that Mod that constricted the pack to mainly have that Wasteland Biome.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have an issue with the sky flickering? it does it from the ground up, and is really bad for your eyes.

It seems to be really bad during the day"in Minecraft", but not as noticeable at night. It's like the bright textures flicker really bad.

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have an issue with the sky flickering? it does it from the ground up, and is really bad for your eyes.

It seems to be really bad during the day"in Minecraft", but not as noticeable at night. It's like the bright textures flicker really bad.
It's caused by Gravestone. You can fix it by going into its config and setting fog to false. This is the default setting as of 0.7

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I've been watching some videos, and have a tip to share about the metal seeds quests. If you want to progress and grow stuff faster, choose the seeds rewards instead of the weak essence. Due to the Minecraft growth mechanics, you get a lot more stuff a lot faster if you use several 1/1/1 seeds, instead of taking a single seed and trying to mutate it to 10/10/10. Just plant the three seeds you have and wait for them to mutate naturally, you can do some breeding later.

This modpack isn't grindy at all, but your playstyle can turn it into a grind.