[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Bug report: Crucible furnace is buggy in the wat that sometimes when I put items in it crashes me, or half of it disappears entirely and when I try to fix it, I crash. Sorry if this has been mentioned before.
Playing on V6.5

Yes this is a known bug been mentioned a few time already :p

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, or if it is something that is still WIP, but I've noticed that on attempting harvesting the mystical flowers grown from the mutation-bred mystical seeds, nothing pops into my inventory.

However, if this HAS been brought up before, could someone kindly direct me to the post in question?

Just curious about this, can always just rampage with floral fertiliser after all...

That sounds as if your not using the latest version of the modpack as in an earlier version of the modpack the grown mystical flowers didn't produce drops and was later fixed.

Last edited:

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
ok so Ive made the blacksmiths anvil and assistant but I dont see any liquid exp to feed the assistant. Am I missing something?

Concentrated essence berries and experience drops can be melted down into molten experience in a crucible & for some reason the moten experience isn't list in NEI.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
As stated before I am a complete newbie in buildcraft. Is there a way of storing power?

The wiki that I have found does not seem to list anything like batteries or something.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
As stated before I am a complete newbie in buildcraft. Is there a way of storing power?

The wiki that I have found does not seem to list anything like batteries or something.

You can store steam and fuel.

My bigger issue is long distance transport of resources like oil… It's very slow running back and forth to the pump with tanks.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019

Power storage doesn't really come in till late game with the Mekanism energy cubes.

You can store steam and fuel.

My bigger issue is long distance transport of resources like oil… It's very slow running back and forth to the pump with tanks.

Wouldn't it be easier to make a pipe network going from the pump to your storage tanks or maybe even craft a bag thats just for oil runs and fill it with mariculter tanks &/or titanium buckets that hold 8000mb. Another choice is RailCraft using the tank carts.

Last edited:

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Power storage doesn't really come in till late game with the Mekanism energy cubes.

Wouldn't it be easier to make a pipe network going from the pump to your storage tanks or maybe even craft a bag thats just for oil runs and fill it with mariculter tanks &/or titanium buckets that hold 8000mb

I'm having to run/swim 250+ to get to the closest oil, so a pipeline is more expensive than reasonable, and I am already making runs with Mari-Tanks, they just load slow, even with 4 wooden engines on the pump…

Is there any sort of teleport mechanism for fluids/items in the pack that I have not been able to discover yet??

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having to run/swim 250+ to get to the closest oil, so a pipeline is more expensive than reasonable, and I am already making runs with Mari-Tanks, they just load slow, even with 4 wooden engines on the pump…

Is there any sort of teleport mechanism for fluids/items in the pack that I have not been able to discover yet??

yes there is but I personally haven't used it or know the range or just how much mana it uses but there is the Spectranthemum from botania according to the book it uses large amount of mana to teleport items to a desired block/location.

Xionanx

Jul 29, 2019
BUG: Impossible to make "Slime Bow Limbs" of both green/blue type.

I am assuming this is a bug and not an intentional chang, as the Slime Bow Limbs are still present in NEI but they can not be made since the pattern will not craft with the slime crystals. Unless you have also changed the mechanics of how long bows/bows function.

NOTE: This relates specifically to the LONG BOW, not the Short-bow, since the short-bow can still use tool rods which CAN be made, even though it says it needs "Bow Limbs".

**NOTE2: For those who dont know, and trying not to go into "extreme" detail, tinkers bows and long bows do damage based on:
Arrow Speed from bow
Arrow Weight from arrow
Arrow Damage modifiers from arrow

So when you are making a bow, only 2 stats matter really matter arrow speed and draw speed, with arrow speed having a higher importance, but also assuming you want to shoot an arrow more then once every 3 seconds. You want the absolute highest arrow speed you can get with the absolute lowest draw speed you can get, and the material that gives you the best ratio: (Ratio is Draw Speed/Arrow Speed, lower is better)

Sorted by highest arrow speed to lowest, then best ratio to worst; arrow speeds less then 3 in a virtually useless bow.
Steel = 0.54~ = 3/5.5
Cobalt = 0.42~ = 2.25/5.3
Pig Iron = 0.40~ = 2.1/5.2
Iron = 0.51~ = 2.7/5.2
Bronze = 0.44~ 2.25/5.1
Alumite = 0.45 = 2.25/5
Manyllum = 0.5 = 2.5/5
Copper = 0.40~ = 2/4.9
Ardite = 0.56~ = 2.75/4.9
Thaumium = 0.36 = 1.75/4.75
Green Slime = 0.33~ = 1.4/4.2
Blue Slime = 0.26~ = 1.05/4
Cactus = 0.29~ = 1/3.4
Wood = 0.3 = 0.9/3
Bone = 0.63~ = 1.9/3
Paper = 0.45~ = 0.5/1.1
Stone = 4.5 = 4.5/1
Flint = 4.5 = 4.5/1
Obsidian = 5.45 = 5.45/1
Netherrack = 4 = 4/1
Paper = 0.45~ = 0.5/1.1

So.. assuming you want to be able to shoot arrows reasonably fast while also doing reasonable damage, the "ranking" for bow limbs would go something like this:
Blue Slime
Green Slime
Thaumium
Copper
Pig Iron
Cobalt

As the regrowth pack doesn't really center around "Combat" anyway, I personally think the lack of access to Slime Bow Limbs was just an un-intentional oversight, if it was intentional, then I would suggest tweaking some of the properties of the other materials to make them more desirable as bow limbs. As it is now, I personally cant justify going beyond copper for my bow limbs. Copper Limbs + Thaumium Plate + Fiery Bow String + 150 Redstone to reduce draw speed.

Also, I have been live streaming my playing of regrowth. Some minor things I have noted:

1. While following along and doing the quests as they appear, its possible to make things that need to be placed.. which you then will be unable to "pick up" again until much later. (VAT, Sifter, etc). I would suggest LOWERING the needed material type for all crafted items down to flint, so that when a player makes them and then accidentally places them down somewhere, they will be able to move them with the starter "Flint" tools.

2. I am finding the "difficulty" of this mod pack lies more in being a test of patience then actually challenging. Once I "got going" I spend most of my time AFK watching TV waiting on things to grow before I can move on to the "next step". The CONCEPT of the pack is great, I like the idea of needing to regrow the world, but unless you want your players to be standing AFK all the time waiting on things to grow, I would suggest tweaking the rate of growth of plants to be about 2x what they are now. My reasoning is this.. "Waiting on things to grow" is not the point of your pack, its making the connections and building the pieces that matters. I think a faster grow speed would make the pack overall more enjoyable.

3. Cactus.. so, when I plant cactus seeds and then harvest them I get "Cactus Green" rather then cactus. I would much rather have cactus....

4. Dye's.. There are too many dye systems. Vanilla, "Magical Crops" Dye Seeds, Mystical "Color" Flowers... but most of your content relies on the mystical variety, but players are first forced to do the none mystical to get to the mystical. This just seems like un-needed "grinding" to me, especially with again.. the "time waiting on things to grow" in place. If the growth time had been changed perhaps this would have been less noticeable.

Reactions: hiharryII

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
yes there is but I personally haven't used it or know the range or just how much mana it uses but there is the Spectranthemum from botania according to the book it uses large amount of mana to teleport items to a desired block/location.
I've been wondering about that myself. It only talks about items dropped near it so I'm not sure it could do liquids. I'm thinking it may be time to get some railcraft locomotives setup....

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
I've been wondering about that myself. It only talks about items dropped near it so I'm not sure it could do liquids. I'm thinking it may be time to get some railcraft locomotives setup....

Isn't there an issue with chunk loading? Not to mention sending a train 10 chunks away, would cost me as much in resources as it would to make a pipeline… if not more...

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't there an issue with chunk loading? Not to mention sending a train 10 chunks away, would cost me as much in resources as it would to make a pipeline… if not more...
The anchor cart would solve the chunk loading issue (or anchor sentinel, but I'm not sure if it has a max range). As for the resource cost....magical crops :)

NicoHana

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds as if your not using the latest version of the modpack as in an earlier version of the modpack the grown mystical flowers didn't produce drops and was later fixed.

...Indeed I am not. Whoops. Thanks!

Time to back-up saves and and update then, sincerely hope my current world isn't rendered useless though. >_>

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
The anchor cart would solve the chunk loading issue (or anchor sentinel, but I'm not sure if it has a max range). As for the resource cost....magical crops :)

OK Anchor cart for chunk loading, but building a railway, out over an ocean, 250+ away,(for the first one) along with all the mechanism to load and unload oil onto trains would kill the one resource you can't grow… your time.

While I'm sure there are many that love doing this, I have such a bad history with rail carts and that entire experience, that if forced to, I'd simply stop playing the pack.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
OK Anchor cart for chunk loading, but building a railway, out over an ocean, 250+ away,(for the first one) along with all the mechanism to load and unload oil onto trains would kill the one resource you can't grow… your time.

While I'm sure there are many that love doing this, I have such a bad history with rail carts and that entire experience, that if forced to, I'd simply stop playing the pack.
I haven't tried it, but there is a cart that can automatically lay down rail track in front of it so that might help, but I do agree, it is time consuming...

Just had a thought, if you are very late game, you could probably use the p2p connector from AE to move liquid around and then it's only the one cable you have to lay down...still be a lot, but might be easier than using pipes. but you would still have to worry about chunk loading.

Hmmmmmm

Jabba barrels with the bspace upgrade could work for items or liquids you can put into "item" form (buckets/cans/etc).

Last edited:

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't tried it, but there is a cart that can automatically lay down rail track in front of it so that might help, but I do agree, it is time consuming...

Just had a thought, if you are very late game, you could probably use the p2p connector from AE to move liquid around and then it's only the one cable you have to lay down...still be a lot, but might be easier than using pipes. but you would still have to worry about chunk loading.

Hmmmmmm

Extra cells mod isn't in this pack. I don't think AE2 has the ability to transport/store liquids. But I know nothing about AE2.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019

Hmmmmmm

Not sure the cart could lay down track and foundation over Ocean.. LOL

No, not late game, just got access to Certus quartz quest… I can understand the "no need to move stuff far" though process since so much is done with farming… I just need to figure out an energy source that is close in efficiency to Oil->Fuel that is renewable… Maybe Coal/solid Fuel Boilers?

What am I missing as far as mid game power options go?