[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
can i please add this to technic? ill transfer ownership. its just you will get more popularity
No. I have no intention to put this on the Technic Launcher, nor allow anyone else to do so on my behalf. Nothing against the technic launcher, it's just less of a headache if updates are only needing to be submitted to one place through one process.

For some odd reason my FTB launcher doesn't have regrowth on it please help.
It's not a Listed third party pack, you have to enter a pack code to get it to show up. This is done by clicking "add pack code" in the top right on the launcher. The code itself for the pack is 'regrowth'.

JbearsGameing

Jul 29, 2019
No. I have no intention to put this on the Technic Launcher, nor allow anyone else to do so on my behalf. Nothing against the technic launcher, it's just less of a headache if updates are only needing to be submitted to one place through one process.

It's not a Listed third party pack, you have to enter a pack code to get it to show up. This is done by clicking "add pack code" in the top right on the launcher. The code itself for the pack is 'regrowth'.
oh ok thanks

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried the Rite of Nature's Power to try and transform an area. As I thought might happen it didn't work quite right.

Normally it will transform stone and sand into dirt and then plant trees and tall grass and flowers and such. But it didn't touch the cracked sand.

Think there might be a way to modify Witchery to include cracked sand in the list of blocks this ritual transforms?

Death 9407

Jul 29, 2019
You should consider updating Inventory Tweaks in the next version;
On Kobata's Curseforge page there is a more updated version than the on that is currently in the pack.
Other than that, the pack is great, Keep up the good work!

Ruler_of_cakes

Jul 29, 2019
There's standard lava gen in the world, which means random surface pools, lakes down about y level 10, that sort of thing. Just need to use the vat to make the stuff since I don't believe it's possible to have an obsidian level pick yet.
Oh then i guess I'm ultimate unlucky, I'm having such bad luck in this modpack XD First I couldn't get a crop mutation, next the lava :p

JbearsGameing

Jul 29, 2019
so I just started playing and I thought there wasn't supposed to be ores but ive been finding small amounts in block deposits like marble and granite and diorite stuff like that. is that supposed to happen?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
so I just started playing and I thought there wasn't supposed to be ores but ive been finding small amounts in block deposits like marble and granite and diorite stuff like that. is that supposed to happen?
Are you saying there are ores in these special blocks? Or are you just saying that the special blocks are generating? The former shouldn't be the case and I have seen no evidence of this being the case. If the latter, that's intended, they're not ores, they're just cosmetic building blocks.

JbearsGameing

Jul 29, 2019
Are you saying there are ores in these special blocks? Or are you just saying that the special blocks are generating? The former shouldn't be the case and I have seen no evidence of this being the case. If the latter, that's intended, they're not ores, they're just cosmetic building blocks.
no I mean ores are spawning in the special block I would show you a screenshot but I cant find the screenshots

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
The bee problem for me was cactus item number being messed up. Grown with crops cactus is 82:2 grown without crops (or dropped and picked up with a normal one in inventory) cactus is just plain 82. 82 works with all recipes I've found whereas the 82:2 does not work with bees or the cactus to slime conversion using a mana pool.
Temporary solution: put all your 82:2 in a chest. Grab one out. Place it on sand. Break the cactus, should be 82. Shift-click 82:2 from chest to inventory, should convert to 82.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Temporary solution: put all your 82:2 in a chest. Grab one out. Place it on sand. Break the cactus, should be 82. Shift-click 82:2 from chest to inventory, should convert to 82.

Sorry I just have to say you rock!! Love you videos!! Thank you for the great entertainment & helpful tutorials:)

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I have messed around with Botania a fare bit, but never really getting past a decent mana gen setup. I found 2 Black Lotus's in this pack and though "Oh COOL!!" that will help. It say they are rare, and will give you a fare bit of mana. NOT SO MUCH.lol I tossed one in my mana pool and it gives you enough mana for one mana pearl:( I know they were added just a few version ago, but they really should give you more mana since they are so rare. Oh, well.

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
I learned from Raetac's stream that having multiple spreaders pointed at your altar speeds it up:

View attachment 15466

I may have gotten carried away. I ran out of living wood before I finished the spreaders but it already finishes almost every altar craft in one pulse. Now I just need to beautify.

EDIT: glowstone seeds took three pulses :D

The closer a mana spreader is to a target, the faster it transfers mana. A spreader can only have one pulse in the air at a time, the next pulse begins when the previous hits the target, each pulse is the same amount of mana, having a spreader directly next to something like an altar makes the pulses rapid-fire. Also multiple mana spreaders do not communicate, if something needs a sliver of mana and there are multiple spreaders pointing at it, they will all fire, and a lot of mana will be lost. Dropping that down to 4 or 5 spreaders directly next to (and under) the altar would likely be much faster and waste less mana, though TBH more than 1 or 2 spreaders is overkill IMO as a single spreader gets rituals done in just a few seconds.

Rodger

Jul 29, 2019
Just checked the dev changelog, looking cool so far, but just wondering about adding so many plants to the mutandis list... Won't that make it it much more resource and time intensive to get the witchery plants? Or is there a weighting system, or is it just intended to make it harder? lol

Also I noticed alumite had a faster mining speed than some of the next tier pickaxe heads, like steel (something like 7.9 vs 7?), maybe needs adjustment. And you might need to remove railcraft steel blocks form dungeon loot too, I found one in a witchery circle.

Also a way to make apatite or saltpeter form perhaps elemental essence would be great for forestry farms

But can't wait for 0.7! Loving this pack so much :)

Last edited: