[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I actually looked at that one myself but decided against mentioning it as I read your comment about iron chests a few pages back. I just did a quick skim through Enchanced Inventories and it looks very interesting and has plenty of potential for regrowth. If you like I could do some testing with the Modular Systems mod if let me know what tweaks it would need as I currently have it in my pack/server for test anyway so you could concentrate on on getting 0.7 ready.
Thing is that if I were to include it, it would be purely for the storage system - I'd probably be disabling everything else, and probably disabling some components of the storage system too (block breaker component etc), and I'm not sure how much I like the idea of it being a 'chuck everything in this one expandable inventory'. The only implementation of that sort of thing I really like is the Better Storage crates, which is part of why I'm kinda disappointed I couldn't use Better Storage. Honestly BS would have fit perfectly with the pack, it's capacities just strike a resonance with how much I think you should be able to stick in a block (heck, the Manyullyn chests from EI are ridiculous - 18x9 slots in the one block).

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Thing is that if I were to include it, it would be purely for the storage system - I'd probably be disabling everything else, and probably disabling some components of the storage system too (block breaker component etc), and I'm not sure how much I like the idea of it being a 'chuck everything in this one expandable inventory'. The only implementation of that sort of thing I really like is the Better Storage crates, which is part of why I'm kinda disappointed I couldn't use Better Storage. Honestly BS would have fit perfectly with the pack, it's capacities just strike a resonance with how much I think you should be able to stick in a block (heck, the Manyullyn chests from EI are ridiculous - 18x9 slots in the one block).

I'm certainly glad you went into such detail as Modular Systems really doesn't fit the criteria you have laid out & lets hope that Better Storage gets an update so it'll work with Quadrum in the future. I didn't realise it had a block breaker and those would be bad as that's an instant progression breaker.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
I see that super crafting frame is being added for 0.7 I know Raetac will be happy about this and I will be too and disabling the bronze crafting recipe that could be done in a crafting grid is a welcome addition. I also see we're getting the latest version of Botania I can't wait to wear Kamina's glasses :D Also the addition of being able to use titanium for TiC makes me wish I had 0.7 now but I know it'll come when it comes :D

d1ng0d0g

Jul 29, 2019
I was incredibly happy to have finally reached the Terrestrial Agglomeration Plate of Botania, I made the checkerboard. Then I made it again, as I did the order wrong using some more lapis blocks. (As you can't break Lapis without Thaumic level tools).

But that all aside, I then went to drop my mana diamond, manapearl and manasteel ingot onto the plate. A lot of mana was send through the spreader. And then the items despawned.

Okay, nothing amiss, must do something wrong I thought. Since the resources are dirt cheap once you have them, I made a duo of sparks, and discovered those require a portal to Alfheim to function as such.

So I decided to upgrade the spreader with a Potency and Velocity Lens, and started the process again. Again, despawning of the items.

Am I bumping into a bug or am I still doing something wrong ?

(Btw when next I have time I shall try with four manapools and similarly upgraded spreaders)

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I was incredibly happy to have finally reached the Terrestrial Agglomeration Plate of Botania, I made the checkerboard. Then I made it again, as I did the order wrong using some more lapis blocks. (As you can't break Lapis without Thaumic level tools).

But that all aside, I then went to drop my mana diamond, manapearl and manasteel ingot onto the plate. A lot of mana was send through the spreader. And then the items despawned.

Okay, nothing amiss, must do something wrong I thought. Since the resources are dirt cheap once you have them, I made a duo of sparks, and discovered those require a portal to Alfheim to function as such.

So I decided to upgrade the spreader with a Potency and Velocity Lens, and started the process again. Again, despawning of the items.

Am I bumping into a bug or am I still doing something wrong ?

(Btw when next I have time I shall try with four manapools and similarly upgraded spreaders)
I had the same problem. What you need to do is make two sparks. Place one over your mana pool, and one over the plate. This will facilitate much faster mana transfer.

edit: now that I read your post a bit better (derp) I am not sure, but I think I made the sparks before the portal. But it could be my brain failing me...

d1ng0d0g

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same problem. What you need to do is make two sparks. Place one over your mana pool, and one over the plate. This will facilitate much faster mana transfer.

edit: now that I read your post a bit better (derp) I am not sure, but I think I made the sparks before the portal. But it could be my brain failing me...

I did make two sparks, but one above the mana pool, the other above the plate, but they seem to have no added effect whatsoever.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I did make two sparks, but one above the mana pool, the other above the plate, but they seem to have no added effect whatsoever.
There may be a range restriction, my plate was only 3-4 blocks from the pool

Edit: From the code it looks like the range is 12, most likely not a problem

Last edited:

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question on the tech side of things… I made a Liquid fuel boiler, 2x2x4, it's producing massive amounts of steam. I have two Liquid Wooden pipes extracting with the wooden Engine into the gold fluid pipe that now runs to a pair of steam engines (one commercial and one Industrial) the steam engines seem to barely get enough steam. the High pressure tank is full. What can I do to extract steam faster or am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question on the tech side of things… I made a Liquid fuel boiler, 2x2x4, it's producing massive amounts of steam. I have two Liquid Wooden pipes extracting with the wooden Engine into the gold fluid pipe that now runs to a pair of steam engines (one commercial and one Industrial) the steam engines seem to barely get enough steam. the High pressure tank is full. What can I do to extract steam faster or am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

You can either add more wooden pipes with wooden engines or just change the wooden engines out with a different one as more powerful the engine the more they extract/insert or do both :)

laod

Jul 29, 2019
Another option is to stick the engines directly on the tank part of the boiler.

Reactions: GrimJahk

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Looks interesting, though I'd have to tweak it a bit to make it work. As it stands though I've currently added Enhanced Inventories, which is kind of like a fancier more interesting Iron Chests.
I still have no idea why this is the case and unsure weather it is with Quadrum or BetterStorage. :/ A real shame really since they are both awesome mods. If It gets fixed I'll make sure to let you know asap @thephoenixlodge ;)

SirBLaubo

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like a HQM crash, Are you able to reboot the game and re-enter the world and use the quest book without crashing?

I make it to the loading world screen then it goes back to the main title screen then it crashes. I never make it into the actual world.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
I make it to the loading world screen then it goes back to the main title screen then it crashes. I never make it into the actual world.
Right... I would suggest loading a backup but then realized that there is no AromaBackup in the pack so that might be difficult unless you have been keeping them yourself. I'll try and ask the HQM Devs and see if they have a solution