[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Just going through the 'greatwood' process now myself. Have a look in NEI for a recipe for greatwood saplings :)

I did... it's scary. Treefyd Seed? I know NOTHING about witchery... I see that recipe and think I'll be done with AE2 in this pack first...

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I did... it's scary. Treefyd Seed? I know NOTHING about witchery... I see that recipe and think I'll be done with AE2 in this pack first...

Know how you feel, but I've been doing it steps and doing other stuff in between. If you haven't already seen it, look at chapter 10 in the quest book to get going with witchery.

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
then started to loose interest as its so hard to go back in time & use BC pipes, reminds me of 1.2.5 days, just too big & bulky now-a-days, I like to keep my automation foot prints small.

Its a wonderful designed quest system that lot of modpack authors could learn from, but BC pipes nty.

I appreciate the BC pipes because of the novelty of going back and trying to using them again after so many years. But it is definitely a retro experience and they have issues - they are really problematic from a server lag point of view especially. I am kind of surprised they have not been retooled in all this time to work like the more modern stuff.

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
o_O how do you farm mandrakes without it running around, screeching and causing me to get a headache?

Whatever you do, don't spill accidentally water on a mandrake field :). I found that out the hard way. Water doesn't prevent the mandrakes from spawning and you will have them all over the place. I wonder if they will spawn when a golem harvests the plant.

Reactions: tetshio

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
I had forgotten about TiCon Lumber Axes, that's a great idea, especially with the Auto-Smelting! Thanks!

Now for a bit of a bug that I'm wondering if other people are having. I have Cactus going in AgriCraft Crops but harvesting it gives Cactus with an ID of 81:2 and NEI use lookup on it shows smelting it for Cactus Green or using it in TiCon, but the Botania Alchemy stuff to go from Cactus to Slimeballs doesn't work with it. Are other people having that issue? How do you get your slimeballs?

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! Im really enjoying the pack, and i am trying to gwt all the mystical petals seeds. I cant seam to get the black one... am i just being unlucky??

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
I had forgotten about TiCon Lumber Axes, that's a great idea, especially with the Auto-Smelting! Thanks!

Now for a bit of a bug that I'm wondering if other people are having. I have Cactus going in AgriCraft Crops but harvesting it gives Cactus with an ID of 81:2 and NEI use lookup on it shows smelting it for Cactus Green or using it in TiCon, but the Botania Alchemy stuff to go from Cactus to Slimeballs doesn't work with it. Are other people having that issue? How do you get your slimeballs?

Replant the cactus directly on sand, I make three adjacent (chevroned) 3 tall cacti then place a sand in between them, they all fall down and are cleared for use as long as you don't restock them with the Cropped versions.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019

I'll look into this. If you're correct it's probably a bug and I'll report it to the Agricraft guys

MadMax-X

Jan 12, 2014
I'll look into this. If you're correct it's probably a bug and I'll report it to the Agricraft guys
Now I remember I had that problem too. Somehow I "fixed" it by shift-clicking the wrong stuff into a chest and it stacked with the correct cactus, so I forgot about it.
I just tried again and failed... Now I have even more 81:2 cactus and none of the correct stuff. :(
EDIT: Ok, I "fixed" it again. If you have normal cactus in your inventory and drop the 81:2 type on the floor and recollect it, it falls on the correct stack. Just don't do the opposite, that works too.

Last edited:

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
But then I saw purplementat's video where he upgrades seeds to 10/10/10 by cross-breeding with another plant that can't actually cross-breed (like cactus) to upgrade the 1/1/1 seeds to 10/10/10 after a few cycles without all that. That solves that problem. Might not be intended behavior as it doesn't make a lot of sense - but certainly welcome :).

This is not intended behavior and InfinityRaider is changing this since it makes things too easy. :)

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I wasn't looking to harvest - harvesting is not bad - I was upgrading the crops so I was filling a field with cross crops then once the field filled out I had to tear down and analyze and redo all the crosscrops and replant the best one - each time you have to place down double crops on every square and you have to repeat several times with each seed to get it to 10/10/10.

But then I saw purplementat's video where he upgrades seeds to 10/10/10 by cross-breeding with another plant that can't actually cross-breed (like cactus) to upgrade the 1/1/1 seeds to 10/10/10 after a few cycles without all that. That solves that problem. Might not be intended behavior as it doesn't make a lot of sense - but certainly welcome :).

I will have to check out the hopperhocks though for the harvesting - didn't know those were a thing.
I just use 4x4 farm layouts and hope for the best :D

SwiftLilEagle

Jul 29, 2019
1. I used the iron components for the hammer (Alumite hammer head, Iron large plate x2, Alumite tough rod) check!
2. But how to do, if there is no suitable biome?
3. My mistake =\
What do you mean no suitable biome? Oceans work perfectly fine for commons.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
A few points.
1. you can make spruce 2*2 also, FYI.
2. If TiCo smelting Upgrade is still in you could use that? Assuming you can get the mats.
3.My crops keep disappearing in the same spots when i log in. is this a bug or something else. It has only happen to 3 spots so for but they keeps disappearing.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
A few points.
1. you can make spruce 2*2 also, FYI.
2. If TiCo smelting Upgrade is still in you could use that? Assuming you can get the mats.
3.My crops keep disappearing in the same spots when i log in. is this a bug or something else. It has only happen to 3 spots so for but they keeps disappearing.

Maybe could be a problem with that chunk if you check if all 3 spots were in the same chunk somethings up in that chunk if there in different chunks could be some sort of bug but... we would need a bit more information to work out whats going on.