[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
It sounds like the mod supports MFR (not sure if the planter would place sticks though - it might just be harvest support) but that is not in the pack anyway. It also supports golems from thaumcraft but I'm not sure if the golems will do anything about the sticks. I'm guessing them might just harvest. Anyone tried them?
Golems work wonderfully, they just harvest, you'll need another to gather.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to automate any of the agricraft stuff? It is a great mod I have never used before but after manually placing down about 10,000 sticks I am ready for some kind of machine that will do it for me - that is the main tedious factor with the mod. The seed analyzer I have piping in and out of which helps a lot with that annoyance - I just dump them all in and go away for a while and come back to look at the results after it is done.

It sounds like the mod supports MFR (not sure if the planter would place sticks though - it might just be harvest support) but that is not in the pack anyway. It also supports golems from thaumcraft but I'm not sure if the golems will do anything about the sticks. I'm guessing them might just harvest. Anyone tried them?

Or is some way to harvest the seeds without breaking the sticks? Once you get to 10/10/10 you don't have to do that any more - but there are a ton of seeds to get to 10/10/10 and it takes several times through each seed to get to that point.

Right click crops to harvest without breaking.

As mentioned, golem can harvest stuff as well.

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
I love this pack, but I want to know if there are any public servers for this pack. I have only found 2 servers, the first one is Mentats, but I don't want to pay, and the second one is for some reason in hardcore and it is japanize or Chinese. Are there any other servers out there?
Can you make the time between getting essence for the seed quests a little shorter?
Because probably no one listened the first time :(
Also waiting is annoying

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to automate any of the agricraft stuff? It is a great mod I have never used before but after manually placing down about 10,000 sticks I am ready for some kind of machine that will do it for me - that is the main tedious factor with the mod. The seed analyzer I have piping in and out of which helps a lot with that annoyance - I just dump them all in and go away for a while and come back to look at the results after it is done.

Or is some way to harvest the seeds without breaking the sticks? Once you get to 10/10/10 you don't have to do that any more - but there are a ton of seeds to get to 10/10/10 and it takes several times through each seed to get to that point.

As rivvest said, golems will harvest them. They won't break the crop sticks so they don't need to be replanted.

As for gathering, as much as I like golems, I would recommend using hopperhocks. They will pick up everything in a 13x13 block area without giving them any mana. Or, if you put a mana pool within 6 blocks of the hopperhock, it will pick up everything in a 25x25 block area.

And just as a FYI, MFR Harvesters will harvest agricraft crops without breaking the crop sticks.

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
I saw PurpleMentat doing a YouTube series on this pack, started it myself, and I'm loving it! The HQM book is really well thought out and it's just a nicely designed twist on 'normal' modded Minecraft. Keep up the great work!

I also came by with a question. What do I have to do to get the mushroom seeds to grow? I made Mycelium and put a Crop stick on it, put it in a dark area, and the seed plants but the NEI area text when looking at it says the plant doesn't have the right conditions to grow and bonemealing it doesn't do anything. I've tried putting some water next to it and that didn't change anything. I've tried shutting the room off completely so there is no light at all but still it doesn't work. What am I missing?

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
I saw PurpleMentat doing a YouTube series on this pack, started it myself, and I'm loving it! The HQM book is really well thought out and it's just a nicely designed twist on 'normal' modded Minecraft. Keep up the great work!

I also came by with a question. What do I have to do to get the mushroom seeds to grow? I made Mycelium and put a Crop stick on it, put it in a dark area, and the seed plants but the NEI area text when looking at it says the plant doesn't have the right conditions to grow and bonemealing it doesn't do anything. I've tried putting some water next to it and that didn't change anything. I've tried shutting the room off completely so there is no light at all but still it doesn't work. What am I missing?
Is it two crossed cropsticks or just one thats trying to cross two plants?

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
I just downloaded the pack and CTD when I created a world. It is 6.5 - FTB launcher lists it as the recommended build.

Attachments

• crash-2015-02-20_14.10.08-server.txt
    20.9 KB · Views: 54

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019

Have you tried a well lit area instead of dark? I just grew them in a lit area like any other crop.

vissper

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, I say with the help of Google translator. I found a bug: 1) alumite Hammer breaks any ore level thaumium. 2)Not working recipe for modest hive

Last edited:

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, I say with the help of Google translator. I found a bug: 1) alumite Hammer breaks any ore level thaumium. 2)Not working recipe for modest hive 3)Not working recipe for "drop of luck" (altar 3300x5)https://sites.google.com/site/witcherymod/drop-of-luck

1. I made an alumite hammer and I confirm it does NOT break anything thaumium ore level, you must have had something other than alumite on your hammer.
  2. I can confirm the modest hive recipe does work just make sure to use 3 x common drone & 1 x common princess
  3. The recipe for "drop of luck" does work correctly make sure to follow the order for items mandrake > netherwart > tear of the goddess > refined evil > mutandis extremis + (altar 7000x5)

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the tip on the mushrooms, can't believe I hadn't tried just growing them regularly outside in the sunlight, thanks!

Just to say, I was able to grow giant mushrooms on mycelium without crop sticks - vanilla style. Not sure if that's supposed to happen in this pack though.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Just to say, I was able to grow giant mushrooms on mycelium without crop sticks - vanilla style. Not sure if that's supposed to happen in this pack though.

I guess a slight oversight as that could be considered as vanilla farming.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I guess a slight oversight as that could be considered as vanilla farming.

Don't know why, but it never even occurred to me to plant the mushrooms agricraft style. I first dug out a small room and let ones I'd found spread, then grew giant ones once mycelium was available. I'll tear them down and do it proper!

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know why, but it never even occurred to me to plant the mushrooms agricraft style. I first dug out a small room and let ones I'd found spread, then grew giant ones once mycelium was available. I'll tear them down and do it proper!

You could always use the giant mushroom for decorations ;)

vissper

Jul 29, 2019
  1. I made an alumite hammer and I confirm it does NOT break anything thaumium ore level, you must have had something other than alumite on your hammer.
  2. I can confirm the modest hive recipe does work just make sure to use 3 x common drone & 1 x common princess
  3. The recipe for "drop of luck" does work correctly make sure to follow the order for items mandrake > netherwart > tear of the goddess > refined evil > mutandis extremis + (altar 7000x5)
1. I used the iron components for the hammer (Alumite hammer head, Iron large plate x2, Alumite tough rod) check!
2. But how to do, if there is no suitable biome?
3. My mistake =\

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, just started playing this pack. I've got a few sequence breakers to report:
First, a baby zombie riding a chicken spawned in my world pretty early on, long before I got to the point of getting chickens legitimately. After I killed the baby zombie, the chicken remained alive. I have no idea which mod adds baby zombies riding chickens, probably EnderZoo.
Second, I found a few dungeons with dungeon chests pretty early on. Those chests contained lots of essence from magical crops. Not really enough to do anything with, but if I scourged the earth for more dungeons, I could probably get enough essence to bypass a lot of the quests.

Otherwise, a pretty good pack so far. I hope breeding things won't be too bothersome.
Now if you'll excuse my, I've got a chicken to fence in.