[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
First, a baby zombie riding a chicken spawned in my world pretty early on, long before I got to the point of getting chickens legitimately. After I killed the baby zombie, the chicken remained alive. I have no idea which mod adds baby zombies riding chickens, probably EnderZoo.
Now if you'll excuse my, I've got a chicken to fence in.
Those are vanilla. :D I don't think they lay eggs, and they will despawn.. http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Chicken_Jockey.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
1. I used the iron components for the hammer (Alumite hammer head, Iron large plate x2, Alumite tough rod) check!
2. But how to do, if there is no suitable biome?
3. My mistake =\
  1. I just tried the hammer with the parts you suggested and it still won't mine nether redstone ore which is thaumium harvest level but... if you change the large plates to steel it will say you can but you still cant
  2. Recipes don't use biomes unless you meant how to you get common bees make a grass platform in ocean biome with flowers and it will be correct biome to breed forest+meadows bees to get common bees for this recipe.
  3. CLlAw3q.png

Last edited:

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, just started playing this pack. I've got a few sequence breakers to report:
First, a baby zombie riding a chicken spawned in my world pretty early on, long before I got to the point of getting chickens legitimately. After I killed the baby zombie, the chicken remained alive. I have no idea which mod adds baby zombies riding chickens, probably EnderZoo.
Second, I found a few dungeons with dungeon chests pretty early on. Those chests contained lots of essence from magical crops. Not really enough to do anything with, but if I scourged the earth for more dungeons, I could probably get enough essence to bypass a lot of the quests.

Otherwise, a pretty good pack so far. I hope breeding things won't be too bothersome.

None of that is really that much of a sequence break as the essence quests will need to be done anyway as most quests act as requirements for other quests but.. yea the chicken is more luck than anything I have spent many hours over multiple worlds and have yet to see the baby zombie rider.

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
I love the community involvement on this thread helping people out :) Hoping one of you can help me with another question. Is there a way to get Charcoal other than chopping down trees and cooking up the wood? I am not a fan of manual tree farming and the Diamond essence (repeatable) quest needs 48 Charcoal Blocks. If I absolutely have to just grind it out and farm those trees old school with bonemeal and a good axe I will, but I'd really really rather not. I've looked at the recipes in NEI for Charcoal or Charcoal Blocks and I don't see any other way to make them. Is there a way to start automatic tree farming at this point? (I've been anxiously awaiting the introduction of Thaumcraft in the quest line to get into Golems but I haven't hit that part yet.) I have up to Strong Essences, Magical Crops farms going for the resources up to this point (the metals, redstone, the elements, etc.) What can I do to avoid the manual tree chopping grind?

Reactions: egor66

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
I love the community involvement on this thread helping people out :) Hoping one of you can help me with another question. Is there a way to get Charcoal other than chopping down trees and cooking up the wood? I am not a fan of manual tree farming and the Diamond essence (repeatable) quest needs 48 Charcoal Blocks. If I absolutely have to just grind it out and farm those trees old school with bonemeal and a good axe I will, but I'd really really rather not. I've looked at the recipes in NEI for Charcoal or Charcoal Blocks and I don't see any other way to make them. Is there a way to start automatic tree farming at this point? (I've been anxiously awaiting the introduction of Thaumcraft in the quest line to get into Golems but I haven't hit that part yet.) I have up to Strong Essences, Magical Crops farms going for the resources up to this point (the metals, redstone, the elements, etc.) What can I do to avoid the manual tree chopping grind?

The thaumcraft quests are not implemented as yet so you can start thaumcraft as soon as your able to and for doing it manuel grow the 2x2 jungle trees and use a lumber axe and a hopper of top of a netherack furnace as they are slighty faster and more fuel effiecent.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to get Charcoal other than chopping down trees and cooking up the wood?
Other than the charred wood that spawns, I don't think so. Still chopping down tress, but one less step to get to the charcoal..

The thaumcraft quests are not implemented as yet so you can start thaumcraft as soon as your able to and for doing it manuel grow the 2x2 jungle trees and use a lumber axe and a hopper of top of a netherack furnace as they are slighty faster and more fuel effiecent.
Agreed - 2x2 trees are great (jungle, spruce, or dark oak), along with the lumber axe. Doesn't take long at all.

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
You have to have the Alfheim portal before you can really start Thaumcraft, I think.

But you can do a pure Botania tree farm pretty early. (Once you have some redstone.) I found it a lot of fun to do. I more or less did this version: (with modifications from the original Ben Fraley one that he makes reference to).
For mana for it, I auto-cook some of the wood into charcoal and use exoflames (and an endoflame to power the furnace), with a comparator on the mana pool to turn the charcoal cooking on/off when the mana pool is at a certain level.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Wow...just wow this pack is amazing @thephoenixlodge !!! You did an amazing job on it although I have only really taken into the first quests yet I really like what you have done with it I love everything about it. Your mod choices are a little strange in terms of the tech side of things however the rest of the pack makes up for that. Also just as a suggestion if you want to get rid of all those facades and microparts from nei you could add INpureCore really good mod for doing NEI removal stuff. Anyways really love your pack and looking forward to seeing more of what you have planed in the future
-Snow

Reactions: vissper and SolManX

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
As rivvest said, golems will harvest them. They won't break the crop sticks so they don't need to be replanted.

As for gathering, as much as I like golems, I would recommend using hopperhocks. They will pick up everything in a 13x13 block area without giving them any mana. Or, if you put a mana pool within 6 blocks of the hopperhock, it will pick up everything in a 25x25 block area.

And just as a FYI, MFR Harvesters will harvest agricraft crops without breaking the crop sticks.

Yea I wasn't looking to harvest - harvesting is not bad - I was upgrading the crops so I was filling a field with cross crops then once the field filled out I had to tear down and analyze and redo all the crosscrops and replant the best one - each time you have to place down double crops on every square and you have to repeat several times with each seed to get it to 10/10/10.

But then I saw purplementat's video where he upgrades seeds to 10/10/10 by cross-breeding with another plant that can't actually cross-breed (like cactus) to upgrade the 1/1/1 seeds to 10/10/10 after a few cycles without all that. That solves that problem. Might not be intended behavior as it doesn't make a lot of sense - but certainly welcome :).

I will have to check out the hopperhocks though for the harvesting - didn't know those were a thing.

Last edited:

scuzzyfuzzy

Jul 29, 2019
hi, has anyone else noticed that when you take off the soujourner's sash, the buffes remain (at least untill i relog)...?

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
I saw some references online to creating multi-level mana generation structures in Botania. Anyone try setting one of those up? I have gone to 12 floating hydrangenas sitting in a big pool as my mana source and I am curious if the hydrangenas need to see sky to work like the day/nightblooms or if I can cover them up with dirt and plant some more flowers on top of them. Anyone tried anything like that?

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, just started playing this pack. I've got a few sequence breakers to report:

Second, I found a few dungeons with dungeon chests pretty early on. Those chests contained lots of essence from magical crops. Not really enough to do anything with, but if I scourged the earth for more dungeons, I could probably get enough essence to bypass a lot of the quests.

Otherwise, a pretty good pack so far. I hope breeding things won't be too bothersome.

Baby zombies riding chickens is vanilla. It was added in 1.7. Quite rare but it happens.

Yes dungeon loot does exist and can be an early help. You still need the farms though since you'll want lots of essence later on.

CRWW_bug

Jul 29, 2019
I saw some references online to creating multi-level mana generation structures in Botania. Anyone try setting one of those up? I have gone to 12 floating hydrangenas sitting in a big pool as my mana source and I am curious if the hydrangenas need to see sky to work like the day/nightblooms or if I can cover them up with dirt and plant some more flowers on top of them. Anyone tried anything like that?

I've done that in another pack, and it worked just fine there.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
hi, has anyone else noticed that when you take off the soujourner's sash, the buffes remain (at least untill i relog)...?
Yep I noticed that too, when manual harvesting you need to take off all speed enhancing items but the speed buff stays & the step assist, I made a golum farm & got seeds to 10/10/? then started to loose interest as its so hard to go back in time & use BC pipes, reminds me of 1.2.5 days, just too big & bulky now-a-days, I like to keep my automation foot prints small.

Its a wonderful designed quest system that lot of modpack authors could learn from, but BC pipes nty.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing the comments above about there being no "Path" for Thaumaturgy, and that people explored it on their own, I'm puzzled...

It seems that you can't do any research without access to Greatwood logs.

Or am I missing something here? I want to get to thaumium, but I'm stuck. I just got Emerald and Diamond seeds, and now shards so I still have a long way to progress before I can get the Greatwood sapling

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing the comments above about there being no "Path" for Thaumaturgy, and that people explored it on their own, I'm puzzled...

It seems that you can't do any research without access to Greatwood logs.

Or am I missing something here? I want to get to thaumium, but I'm stuck. I just got Emerald and Diamond seeds, and now shards so I still have a long way to progress before I can get the Greatwood sapling

Just going through the 'greatwood' process now myself. Have a look in NEI for a recipe for greatwood saplings :)