[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I was reading that people were started in Thaumcraft as an early distraction or branch, but unless I'm missing something, you have to be end game Botanica to start in Thaumcraft. Is this correct?

Botanica is one of the easy magic type mods very easy to get to late game items as long as you can produce a lot of mana, nothing else really matters, & as I remember you get 7 full tables in the course of the quests, thats enough in its self.

ALostNoob

Jul 29, 2019
Why do the logs look like this?
gV0uBb6.png

Davs

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!
What is the 'recommended' way of farming trees? I've made a forestry one, got the steam boiler and the steam engines, but the farm constantly needs fertilizer, which I cannot craft for long, because I can't get apetite. Any suggestions?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!
What is the 'recommended' way of farming trees? I've made a forestry one, got the steam boiler and the steam engines, but the farm constantly needs fertilizer, which I cannot craft for long, because I can't get apetite. Any suggestions?
Golems are always an option, and have no costs other than initial setup

ALostNoob

Jul 29, 2019
Ok that is very weird, never seen anything like that before. Try a force update maybe?

After force updating multiple times and all around messing with everything, I have figured it out. If you set the Anisotropic Filtering to any setting above OFF then that broken texture of the logs appears.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
After force updating multiple times and all around messing with everything, I have figured it out. If you set the Anisotropic Filtering to any setting above OFF then that broken texture of the logs appears.

also from the picture the slate texture looks like its affected as well i.e. its very plain in the picture

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
I have been further testing the 0.7 quest book file and the witchery is still fine but... "what the world is made of" is also now affected by the same FPS drop issue of "what the world is built from" in both of those quests I did notice the quests all link up I'm wondering if you were to rejiggle these quest into a line rather than how they are now would that help and it shouldn't affecting progression much but I could be wrong.

Example: weak infusion stone > copper esseence > copper seed > iron essence > iron seed in more or less a straight line and not connecting back up to the stone as they are now.

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I have been further testing the 0.7 quest book file and the witchery is still fine but... "what the world is made of! is also now affected by the same FPS drop issue of "what the world is built from"
Interesting, that's where I've got all the condition quests stored. They do all require the first infusion stone quest though to stop the set appearing open preemptively.

ALostNoob

Jul 29, 2019
also from the picture the slate texture looks like its affected as well i.e. its very plain in the picture

After turning the Anisotropic Filtering setting to OFF, it fixed all the textures that were messing up. It seemed like only the textures of the Quadrum mod were effected by turning the setting on.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
After turning the Anisotropic Filtering setting to OFF, it fixed all the textures that were messing up. It seemed like only the textures of the Quadrum mod were effected by turning the setting on.

I'm just getting into my world now let me try this as well just to verify if turning that affects others too. I can confirm changing the mentioned setting does mess up Quadrum textues

Davs

Jul 29, 2019
Well after all I've decided to add a recipe for fertilizer using Mariculture salt:

recipes.addShapeless(<Forestry:fertilizerCompound>, [<minecraft:dirt>, <minecraft:dirt>, <minecraft:sand>, <minecraft:sand>, <Mariculture:materials:12>]);

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting, that's where I've got all the condition quests stored. They do all require the first infusion stone quest though to stop the set appearing open preemptively.

Oh I see is it at all possible to have invisible tabs say put all the conditions on 1 tab that we don't see or have access to?

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Question, I'm in the Spirit World of Witchery, I cant get a Wispy Cotton back all because to recreate the base in the Spirit World hinges on the fact I need carrots and potato seeds to start the farms off again. Future fix?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Question, I'm in the Spirit World of Witchery, I cant get a Wispy Cotton back all because to recreate the base in the Spirit World hinges on the fact I need carrots and potato seeds to start the farms off again. Future fix?
you can mutate carrot and potato from wheat and belladonna. Already had that covered as insurance against players losing the free ones.