[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
I'm finding early-mid game storage a bit of a bother as I have so many different things to store that I'm using too many double chests for my liking
Would there be any possibility to add iron chests/better chests to this pack or is that a mod that you specifically left out for a reason
Sorry to be a pain

While I agree that I miss iron chests it did get much much better once I convinced myself I didn't need to keep every seed I made on the way to getting 10/10/10 seeds. Went from 20 double chests just for my farms to 4 double chests.

earlbrownie

Jul 29, 2019
While I agree that I miss iron chests it did get much much better once I convinced myself I didn't need to keep every seed I made on the way to getting 10/10/10 seeds. Went from 20 double chests just for my farms to 4 double chests.
It's Less that and more on the amount of different mods that I deal with now
I can no longer have 1 chest purely for magic, I now have to have 4 double chests for it instead (botania, witchery, magical crops and thaumcraft)
I like iron chests because I can make my storage area cover a small area of my base and not waste a enormous portion of wall with double chests
I understand that later on you would reach an AE system but I'd rather have a better solution earlier on
The only reason I had to move out of my first base was because of storage space anyway
Sorry to be annoying again...

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
I can no longer have 1 chest purely for magic, I now have to have 4 double chests for it instead (botania, witchery, magical crops and thaumcraft)
I like iron chests because I can make my storage area cover a small area of my base and not waste a enormous portion of wall with double chests
I understand that later on you would reach an AE system but I'd rather have a better solution earlier on
The only reason I had to move out of my first base was because of storage space anyway

Well you could be waiting for a while for a storage solution since the pack creator wants to focus on solidifying mods/content currently in alpha. so potentially no new mods til beta but you could always try what suggested when I replied to your earlier post.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
If you're into Thaumcraft, you could try for the Inventarium system from Automagy. It's kinda like magical AE, and is available a bit earlier.

earlbrownie

Jul 29, 2019
If you're into Thaumcraft, you could try for the Inventarium system from Automagy. It's kinda like magical AE, and is available a bit earlier.
Might see if I can give it a shot!
Haven't started thaumcraft yet so I may have battle with double chests for a small time logner

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Just finished the new seed quests and found them to be a really nice addition rewards were nice as well but... I did find a rather minor error in "mystical flowers tertiary" the you need 2 mystical lime seeds instead of 1 like the others. I really liked you added a quest for the forestry worktable.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Just finished the new seed quests and found them to be a really nice addition rewards were nice as well but... I did find a rather minor error in "mystical flowers tertiary" the you need 2 mystical lime seeds instead of 1 like the others. I really liked you added a quest for the forestry worktable.
Woops, I'll fix that before proper release.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Woops, I'll fix that before proper release.

Quick question I see a couple of newer buildcraft pipes quests are missing was this part of the rejigging? I'm also really looking forward to trying the garden soil for magical crops/flower seeds in 0.7

Last edited:

Gunnie

Jul 29, 2019
i tried to host a server through the .bat file in the download but it doesn't work keeps telling me unable to access jarfile forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1272-universal.jar anyone else have this problem and found a solution?

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
i tried to host a server through the .bat file in the download but it doesn't work keeps telling me unable to access jarfile forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1272-universal.jar anyone else have this problem and found a solution?
Most likely just a path issue. Are you trying to run the .bat file through the Explorer, or though command-line? My guess is Explorer. Try doing it through the command-line and cd into the server directory first.

HaydenL.

Jul 29, 2019
make sure the version of forge that you have matches the version that's in your serverstart.bat file(had to change mine from .1272 to .1277). also, in the serverstart.bat file, make sure that the "p" in "PermSize" is capitalized. I had to change mine. Hope this gets ya goin.

Gunnie

Jul 29, 2019
make sure the version of forge that you have matches the version that's in your serverstart.bat file(had to change mine from .1272 to .1277). also, in the serverstart.bat file, make sure that the "p" in "PermSize" is capitalized. I had to change mine. Hope this gets ya goin.
your a legend, it was that and i also have to change the false to true in eula, thanks for the help

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019

Change the contents of the batch file to run the forge file that is actually in the folder. The batch file calls the wrong file by default.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question I see a couple of newer buildcraft pipes quests are missing was this part of the rejigging? I'm also really looking forward to trying the garden soil for magical crops/flower seeds in 0.7
They might be behind some of the new conditional quests which work by detecting a resource in your inventory. Try making sure you've had redstone, lapis, diamond, gold, aluminium, blaze rods and leather in your inventory at some point to complete these and unlock the quests that depend on them.

Yea... I'll fix this for 0.7...

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
They might be behind some of the new conditional quests which work by detecting a resource in your inventory. Try making sure you've had redstone, lapis, diamond, gold, aluminium, blaze rods and leather in your inventory at some point to complete these and unlock the quests that depend on them.

Yea... I'll fix this for 0.7...

You were correct I just needed redstone silly me lol

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to automate any of the agricraft stuff? It is a great mod I have never used before but after manually placing down about 10,000 sticks I am ready for some kind of machine that will do it for me - that is the main tedious factor with the mod. The seed analyzer I have piping in and out of which helps a lot with that annoyance - I just dump them all in and go away for a while and come back to look at the results after it is done.

It sounds like the mod supports MFR (not sure if the planter would place sticks though - it might just be harvest support) but that is not in the pack anyway. It also supports golems from thaumcraft but I'm not sure if the golems will do anything about the sticks. I'm guessing them might just harvest. Anyone tried them?

Or is some way to harvest the seeds without breaking the sticks? Once you get to 10/10/10 you don't have to do that any more - but there are a ton of seeds to get to 10/10/10 and it takes several times through each seed to get to that point.