[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
How long until 0.7? Not asking to rush you or anything, I'm just curious if I should start playing now or wait until then.
As Raetac says, you might as well start playing now. There are a couple of significant changes coming in 0.7, but at this point I'm still quite far from releasing it.

Hexalan

Jul 29, 2019
Writing is my thing... *points out tag under my name*
I'm not changing the narrative style. If you don't like well I'm sorry but you're just going to have to deal with it.

I have obviously offended you and I am sorry. I just went to the forum and straight to the 67th page to post. Being as you're part of a (volunteer?) team, I don't know if you personally wrote the dialog or not. This subject is plainly not up for feedback, so I'll drop it.

That would be because there's no need to do that at all. Dead Wood IS planks it works in all cases oredictionaried with planks except when specific types of wood are needed (such as bibliocraft stuff and Agricraft irrgation channels). As for them producing oak wood slabs - all planks that don't have their own slab type default to the oak ones as can be seen with the witchery woods.

The issue here is that you cannot make a bookcase from 6 Dead Wood and 3 Wood Slabs.
bookcase-png.15008
You have to use wood planks. If that is a bug, then here's the bug report, if not then it is leaving the player with no recourse but to go through NEI recipe by recipe looking for the answer.

You're misinterpreting it. That snippet is there so you know that's what you need to do, while sticking to the narrative style.

I'm sure I didn't understand it, that's why I provided the feedback. Its confusing and leads to dissatisfaction with the play experience.

With the way HQM works, you can't easily reorder quest sets, you have to basically move all the quests into the one in the spot you want, then rename the set. As it is, the primary quests are the first 4 anyway, with the quests you're mentioning being side quests, non-essential to progression, which open up as you gain access to resources.

Yuk! That is a pain. I know HQM has limits on what you can do at that level, didn't know it was that bad. Is there a way to insert a divider or somehow make the first four quest lines stand out from the others?

Attachments

• bookcase.png
    bookcase.png
    650 KB · Views: 158
Reactions: JustHeyo

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Hexlan, here is a hint... you can recombine two slabs together to get a single plank.... Once there was a note in the quest book saying that NEI is your friend.. though I cant find such reference now

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
The issue here is that you cannot make a bookcase from 6 Dead Wood and 3 Wood Slabs.
You have to use wood planks. If that is a bug, then here's the bug report, if not then it is leaving the player with no recourse but to go through NEI recipe by recipe looking for the answer.
That's just the way Bibliocraft works, very little I can do about it. The bookshelves and most of its other decor too require a specific type of matching plank and/or slab, and are limited to certain types of woods as they have to specifically be supported by the mod. Honestly I'm not necessarily expecting people to be doing that quest until they have saplings and as such proper plank blocks to work with.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I have obviously offended you and I am sorry. I just went to the forum and straight to the 67th page to post. Being as you're part of a (volunteer?) team, I don't know if you personally wrote the dialog or not. This subject is plainly not up for feedback, so I'll drop it.

bookcase-png.15008

I'm sure I didn't understand it, that's why I provided the feedback. Its confusing and leads to dissatisfaction with the play experience.

Yuk! That is a pain. I know HQM has limits on what you can do at that level, didn't know it was that bad. Is there a way to insert a divider or somehow make the first four quest lines stand out from the others?
I believe you are mistaken in your thinking here. 1. You should have Wood planks with in an hour of play if you are lucky with crossbreeding. Also when the recipe didn't work you could easily, As most people do, pressed u for the uses of dead wood and see that a book case can't be made from it. I fail to see why you would need to look through NEI page after page.

Rubik842

Jul 29, 2019
.......You should have Wood planks with in an hour of play if you are lucky with crossbreeding.....
Not sure how, I found trees gated behind mutandis which requires mandrake. Pretty sure I got my carrot and potato from zombie drops - then bred to make pumpkin watermelon a flower then cactus - All within 1 hour? Ya gotta stick that up on youtube man, thats incredible.

I agree the dead wood - slabs - planks is a little odd, but I figured it out pretty quick while making the seed analyser.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure how, I found trees gated behind mutandis which requires mandrake. Pretty sure I got my carrot and potato from zombie drops - then bred to make pumpkin watermelon a flower then cactus - All within 1 hour? Ya gotta stick that up on youtube man, thats incredible.

I agree the dead wood - slabs - planks is a little odd, but I figured it out pretty quick while making the seed analyser.

I'm not sure how long it took me to get mandrake but it wasn't very long. Maybe 2 hours tops. But perhaps I got lucky.

Anyways I never used to dead wood to slabs to planks workaround. Mainly because by the time I needed oak planks I already had oak trees.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question for my future witchcraft. Can I get a coven? I have yet to see a coven witch and don't know Witchery well enough to know if there is another way.

Rubik842

Jul 29, 2019
New server started a couple of days ago for Purplementat's patreon subscribers. Should be some other free ones but greater risk of antisocial players.
Because of the early game mechanics (smashing grass and punching trees) it may be hard to get started on a busy server which is razed to the ground around spawn.

BlizzardMagician

Jul 29, 2019
New server started a couple of days ago for Purplementat's patreon subscribers. Should be some other free ones but greater risk of antisocial players.
Because of the early game mechanics (smashing grass and punching trees) it may be hard to get started on a busy server which is razed to the ground around spawn.
i figured as much

Bloomer

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for a little help, I have seen this issue posted in this thread a couple times but no real answers. I am trying to get this running up on my server using MC Panel, everything loads fine but I can only get Vanilla worlds to generate. All of the mods load correctly and I can log into the world fine. If I load up a single player world with the same version, everything works fine with a wasteland generating. I am not sure if there are any server settings I need to change, I have loaded up custom world-gen mod packs in the past and never had any issues.

version 0.6.5

What can I be doing wrong?

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for a little help, I have seen this issue posted in this thread a couple times but no real answers. I am trying to get this running up on my server using MC Panel, everything loads fine but I can only get Vanilla worlds to generate. All of the mods load correctly and I can log into the world fine. If I load up a single player world with the same version, everything works fine with a wasteland generating. I am not sure if there are any server settings I need to change, I have loaded up custom world-gen mod packs in the past and never had any issues.

version 0.6.5

What can I be doing wrong?

Well I'm just wondering is this MC panel free control panel software i.e. MCmyadmin or is it a paid hosting MC panel if it's the latter you really need to contact your hoster customer support as it's likey to be there server properties file over riding the custom terrain gen but... if free post a link to the software & i'll have a crack at it.

Thanks for the tip. I never used build craft either (if those are the engines you are referring to) so I went with the mana to RF method.

Yeah I meant those or the railcraft engine and then later the solid fueled firebox 3x3 with the low pressure boiler on top WxDxH: 1x1x1, 2x2x2, 2x2x3, 3x3x2, 3x3x3, 3x3x4. The boiler generates the steam you can store in the railCraft multi-block tanks and then pump into the railcraft steam engine to increase the power they put out.

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't really used mariculture much in any of the packs it has been in. Is the ingot caster cool-down random or something? Sometimes I am waiting 5 minutes for 4 bricks to come out of it - the ingot caster also (sometimes) seems to completely fill before it even thinks about casting anything even though the bricks only require 36mb each.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I meant those or the railcraft engine and then later the solid fueled firebox 3x3 with the low pressure boiler on top WxDxH: 1x1x1, 2x2x2, 2x2x3, 3x3x2, 3x3x3, 3x3x4. The boiler generates the steam you can store in the railCraft multi-block tanks and then pump into the railcraft steam engine to increase the power they put out.

More derpiness. I was just reading a bit more on the railcraft wiki. It does clearly state that the hobbyist steam engine needs redstone power to run.......So all I needed was a simple lever :)

So I won't need to make a boiler just yet. On the other hand, I might stick to botania (mana based) RF as it fits more with the theme of the modpack.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't really used mariculture much in any of the packs it has been in. Is the ingot caster cool-down random or something? Sometimes I am waiting 5 minutes for 4 bricks to come out of it - the ingot caster also (sometimes) seems to completely fill before it even thinks about casting anything even though the bricks only require 36mb each.

Yes that's an intenional mechanic of mariculture the casters and the crucible both work better or worse depending on boime i.e. faster heat up time for the crucible in a wasteland but slower in ocean biome & for the casters longer ingot cooling times wasteland biome and shorter cooling times in ocean biome.

More derpiness. I was just reading a bit more on the railcraft wiki. It does clearly state that the hobbyist steam engine needs redstone power to run.......So all I needed was a simple lever :)

So I won't need to make a boiler just yet. On the other hand, I might stick to botania (mana based) RF as it fits more with the theme of the modpack.

Sounds good to me & we all derp at some point roflmao :D