[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Merlyn

Jul 29, 2019
One last thing - could those who are still experiencing notable lag from WAILA on 0.6.2 even after trying a force update try disabling the WAILA Plugins mod and let me know if that helps?

I disabled everything associated with WAILA & even the tictooltips and the HQM Book is still unusable at all, freezing still after the intro page.

Rusty360

Jul 29, 2019
No idea if this is a bug or i need to update something but the curcible furnace stops working for me after a bit as well as the ingot castor. After i visit the nether the bottom block of furnace disappeared. Ive tried restarting the game and it still doesnt work or bring the block back.

Merlyn

Jul 29, 2019
No idea if this is a bug or i need to update something but the curcible furnace stops working for me after a bit as well as the ingot castor. After i visit the nether the bottom block of furnace disappeared. Ive tried restarting the game and it still doesnt work or bring the block back.

I am not sure what causes it, but the Nether seems to always mess with a bunch of random things. Just quit and reload and it should fix things. It happens in every modpack that I have played on 1.7 or later.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
the quest is already revealed in the quest book because i already collected a bee,the quest itself is a reputation quest and it seems like i need 10 in genetics that i already have (i have 15 in genetics) however this step of the quest doesnt complete
Uh, you have completed that reputation task, else the quest wouldn't have revealed itself. It requires both of the first two of its three tasks to be completed to reveal itself.

I disabled everything associated with WAILA & even the tictooltips and the HQM Book is still unusable at all, freezing still after the intro page.
I wasn't talking about lag from HQM at all. WAILA has nothing to do with that.

Merlyn

Jul 29, 2019
Uh, you have completed that reputation task, else the quest wouldn't have revealed itself. It requires both of the first two of its three tasks to be completed to reveal itself.

I wasn't talking about lag from HQM at all. WAILA has nothing to do with that.

Well do you know how to fix that then, because your pack is unplayable due to it for me, and I really want to continue it.

nimO

Jul 29, 2019
At the moment the cause of that lag is unknown, as I have stated multiple times.

One source of lag could be excessive use of the irrigation system of AgriCraft. Reason for this is some inefficent code (to put it mildly). This is already fixed and will be in 1.2.2. As I said, its one source of lag, though I dont think it impacts HQM performance. If you feel that your lag comes from AgriCraft and you dont want to wait for the release, you can try a current snapshot release which is available on AgriCrafts GitHub.

Reactions: JustHeyo

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
One source of lag could be excessive use of the irrigation system of AgriCraft. Reason for this is some inefficent code (to put it mildly). This is already fixed and will be in 1.2.2. As I said, its one source of lag, though I dont think it impacts HQM performance. If you feel that your lag comes from AgriCraft and you dont want to wait for the release, you can try a current snapshot release which is available on AgriCrafts GitHub.
No this lag is definitely specific to HQM, it only occurs when the quest book is open and only once you've gotten through quite a lot of quests

Merlyn

Jul 29, 2019
As thephoenixlodge has said, nimO, the lag only occurs with the HQM quest book. I only have 5 fields irrigated, and have had them that way for a while. I only didn't see the posts that phoenix where it was said that it deals with that mod only. As I've been having the problem since 0.6.1 and when people were talking about the tictooltip/waila fixes for lag, the only lag I experienced was with the book (irrigation was set up then too), so I assumed that's what the fix was for. Clearly I am mistaken, which doesn't surprise me and hopefully a resolution can be done with the HQM mod to fix it.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
I see people saying they updated to version 0.6.2 but that version is not showing up in the launcher for me. I just put in the pack code maybe half an hour ago and the highest version showing is 0.6.1. I've tried switching download location just in case that might affect it, but no change. Anyone have any suggestions?

Spacecowboy

Jul 29, 2019
I see people saying they updated to version 0.6.2 but that version is not showing up in the launcher for me. I just put in the pack code maybe half an hour ago and the highest version showing is 0.6.1. I've tried switching download location just in case that might affect it, but no change. Anyone have any suggestions?
0.6.1 = 0.6.2 on the launcher. There was something that cause the original 0.6.1 to not be posted at all, and 0.6.2 was ready, but ended up labeled as the .1

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey Magzie here. Just finished episode 3 and am loving it. I got breeding crops up, Set up a farm plots for the scanned seeds, and set up a Grass area for Flowers and saplings. Check it out!

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Side note: I increased my power options to High and that helped along with the disabling of of wailia. As to the book lag. I just had those problems i posted before and said was most likily book lag. Haven't seen any more but i haven't really worked heavy on them yet.

1mP0ST3R

Jul 29, 2019
@1mP0ST3R a couple things i have found to try are changing your mipmap level in the video settings of minecraft to off and f3+a to reload all the chunks. if neither of those fix it it could be a missing texture and a redownload should solve that problem
Actually redownloading didn't work, but i did find the problem. It appears it is optifine since whenever i add it to the modpack some of the blocks become invisible. I need to use optifine or i will only get 5 fps. Do you know a fix?

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Actually redownloading didn't work, but i did find the problem. It appears it is optifine since whenever i add it to the modpack some of the blocks become invisible. I need to use optifine or i will only get 5 fps. Do you know a fix?
you could try fastcraft instead of optifine that MAY solve the issue

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure you are using at least the B4 version of optifine. I have not tested the B5 version. Older versions were not fully compatible with later Forge versions and caused the invisible mod blocks issue.

Make sure you set Max Framerate to Unlimited and turn off Vsync. This will give a decent increase to fps.

Reactions: JustHeyo

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I found random grass blocks in beach biomes. Is that intended?
Not intended no. But a side effect of me being hesitant to turn up my cofh world scripts by the necessary amount to get rid of those stragglers, due to the potential for significant worldgen lag