[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Has anybody had botania (functional) flowers just disappear?

I had a clayconia planted on some dirt and now its gone as well as the dirt block on it. Now that I think of it, maybe I have a really cruel enderman somewhere, dangit!

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Has anybody had botania (functional) flowers just disappear?

I had a clayconia planted on some dirt and now its gone as well as the dirt block on it. Now that I think of it, maybe I have a really cruel enderman somewhere, dangit!
If the enderman stole the dirt block the flower would have popped off and potentially despawned.

@thephoenixlodge Not sure if this is a bug or not on your end but you cant use a damaged hatched for crafting work tables. Loving the pack however, getting OCD on getting crops to 10/10/10... Only thing I would say is getting 4 of the same sampling can be a bit of a grindr in the early game if you get unlucky, I had 0 saplings from by first birch, then had a dark oak sapling, and then ran out of mutandis, took quite a while to get past that stage. Similar issues with the caly at the start being a pain to find, but RNG is RNG. Maybe up the weighting on it dropping a bit? Spending 3 days going around breaking grass could really put people off at the start.

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
I've run into another Witchery problem: I am trying to craft golden chalk in the Witch's Cauldron, my nearby altar has ~2200 power. I used mandrake, ritual chalk and a gold nugget, yet the cauldron just sits there with brownish bubbles doing nothing. I also made sure to use 3 buckets of water. Any idea why it won't output the golden chalk?

[edit]
Turns out the numbers in the book are not accurate.
Use ritual chalk to reduce the costs.

Last edited:

Spacecowboy

Jul 29, 2019
If the enderman stole the dirt block the flower would have popped off and potentially despawned.

@thephoenixlodge Not sure if this is a bug or not on your end but you cant use a damaged hatched for crafting work tables. Loving the pack however, getting OCD on getting crops to 10/10/10... Only thing I would say is getting 4 of the same sampling can be a bit of a grindr in the early game if you get unlucky, I had 0 saplings from by first birch, then had a dark oak sapling, and then ran out of mutandis, took quite a while to get past that stage. Similar issues with the caly at the start being a pain to find, but RNG is RNG. Maybe up the weighting on it dropping a bit? Spending 3 days going around breaking grass could really put people off at the start.

The hatchet bit is intended, and if you look at the quest for the sapling, it's just 4 of ANY sapling. So, you just need to use that original mutandis to get four in total, not of the same.

As for Clay, there's the Clayconia flower from the quest, and then there's also the mariculture snorkel. That thing will let you get in the water for a fair amount of time to find more clay.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
The hatchet bit is intended, and if you look at the quest for the sapling, it's just 4 of ANY sapling. So, you just need to use that original mutandis to get four in total, not of the same.

As for Clay, there's the Clayconia flower from the quest, and then there's also the mariculture snorkel. That thing will let you get in the water for a fair amount of time to find more clay.

There was a clayconia from a quest??? And I have started snorkling for my clay now. Again, I didn't get 4 saplings from the original lot of mutandis, just bad luck, which is why I planted the birch and got screwed by no saplings dropping :p But I don't know why I said 4 of the same, I know its capitalised that it does not need to be 4 of the same.

Edit: Nvm found the clayconia quest haha only just unlocked it.

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019

I already increased the drop weights of pasture seeds, clay and belladonna seeds in 0.6...

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Reward bug: I completed the 'Moving More Mana' quest, and the mana tablets I got as a reward are acting like creative mana tablets. Same results when I cheated in the non-creative, full mana tablets from NEI. However, using creative mode, I was able to get the proper tablets via the vanilla item search.

dmtryzhkv

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering, if there will be Iguana Tweaks weapon leveling/getting exp etc. thing? It's a cool system and helps players a lot. You might thought it could be very very op and broke all the progression etc., but you might nerf it. And nerfing i mean like making 1st lvl availible after mining 1k block or so? :D I would really like to see this feature in this amazing modpack. And BTW, keep up the good work!!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Reward bug: I completed the 'Moving More Mana' quest, and the mana tablets I got as a reward are acting like creative mana tablets. Same results when I cheated in the non-creative, full mana tablets from NEI. However, using creative mode, I was able to get the proper tablets via the vanilla item search.
Now fixed for 0.6.3
I was wondering, if there will be Iguana Tweaks weapon leveling/getting exp etc. thing? It's a cool system and helps players a lot. You might thought it could be very very op and broke all the progression etc., but you might nerf it. And nerfing i mean like making 1st lvl availible after mining 1k block or so? :D I would really like to see this feature in this amazing modpack. And BTW, keep up the good work!!
No I will not be including the tool levelling system. My intention is for the TiC stuff to be close to what it is by defualt without addons, but I'm using Iguana Tweaks specifically for editing harvest levels.

Reactions: rivvest

JDElements

Jul 29, 2019
Hey phoenix,

This pack is incredible, by far the most fun modpack I've had the experience of playing. Keep up the great work!! 10/10

My only issue is I am also locked out of the BEE quest that requires reputation to unlock even though I have 18 and it requires 10, claim reward does not appear.
Any ideas?

Thank you!!!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Hey phoenix,

This pack is incredible, by far the most fun modpack I've had the experience of playing. Keep up the great work!! 10/10

My only issue is I am also locked out of the BEE quest that requires reputation to unlock even though I have 18 and it requires 10, claim reward does not appear.
Any ideas?

Thank you!!!
You are completing the third task right? The task to build a Bee House.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
You are completing the third task right? The task to build a Bee House.

I believe the second part of the task is bugged -- I have tried cheating in the requirement through both NEI and creative mode, and neither of them are detected. In my current world, I've gone through a number of breeding cycles, and none of those have triggered it either.

*Edit: I went into HQM dev mode and it detected just fine, so something strange going on there.

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the second part of the task is bugged -- I have tried cheating in the requirement through both NEI and creative mode, and neither of them are detected. In my current world, I've gone through a number of breeding cycles, and none of those have triggered it either.

*Edit: I went into HQM dev mode and it detected just fine, so something strange going on there.
Definitely seems a bit weird, especially since the quest won't even be visible unless you've completed the first two tasks (Rep and Princess). I completed this quest perfectly fine on my server myself.
The only thing I can think of is maybe if the quest is expecting specifically a Pristine princess and isn't accepting Ignoble ones...

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely seems a bit weird, especially since the quest won't even be visible unless you've completed the first two tasks (Rep and Princess). I completed this quest perfectly fine on my server myself.
The only thing I can think of is maybe if the quest is expecting specifically a Pristine princess and isn't accepting Ignoble ones...
i had a similar issue it wasnt even bringing up part 2 of the quest for me even though i had 21/10 rep at the time of completing it. i had to force complete it with the creative book but went back and crafted everything so it didnt feel like i was cheating through it.

b0rg

Jul 29, 2019
so i tryed making grout doesnt seem like recipe is there. so how am i supposed to get a copper pickhead to get a osyter?

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, here's my feedback for the modpack.

First, my status: https://imgur.com/a/Nhlf7
Modpack version: Alpha 0.62a
Time spent: ~30 hours (probably more)

I enjoyed the theme of the pack. You start in a wasteland, with the only other biome being the ocean biome. The only things that are left in wastelands are small patches of grass and dead trees, since ores are absent from the overworld. However, even from these small things, I can bring nature back to this planet. So I used the quest book to progress, starting with Tinker's Construct first to create tools and the workbench, and then switch over to Botania. As I have never gotten that much into Botania before, I enjoyed the first quests related to it. Magical crops were next. The first seeds are cross-bred from AgriCulture, the rest are made in a runic altar with Botania. Some seeds require their essences to be made, which are a reward from repeatable quests. However, the late-game seeds like emerald require only one essence, while the earlier ones like iron need multiple essences. I also have to wait a maximum time of 5 minecraft days before I can get the next essence from the same repeatable quest, which is a bit too long in my opinion. Nevertheless, I progressed by making my seeds all get 10/10/10 stats. I never learned what the strength stat is good for, though.
Between nuturing new plants, I also got into Mariculture. The crucible furnace took me long to make, as I had to get iron first. When I was done crafting it, I only needed it to smelt cobblestone into seared stone, and never used it again. I had also tried to smelt iron in it first to double my output, but it turned out that the lava is not hot enough to melt iron blocks (1535°C needed, the furnace only heated up to 1500°C). With the seared stone I made the smeltery and upgraded my pickaxe. The next steps were to visit the nether and start with Witchery, a mod which I also never bothered to use before. Visiting the nether, it turns out that all ores are present there, however not yet mineable. I was disappointed that in a modpack in which we are supposed to grow ores, the nether contained them. I only mined what I needed for the nether ores progression quest, which told me what tool level I needed to get the next set of ores. However, the quest never told me which tools these tool levels have. At that point, the progression was no longer clear to me. Some further quests in the Botania quest line unlocked more magical crops essences, without ever indicating so. As automation also is postponed to late-tech, I ended up manually farming my ore essences. When I finally had the chance to get Thaumcraft golems, I again was disappointed to not have a mod to sort and route ores (and no, Buildcraft still does not do that well).
Witchery turned out to be a good mod, however with wrong/vague documentation and unsufficient information in the quest book. The witchery and late game essences quest book categories also were very, very laggy for me. In the meanwhile, I found out that there is a hidden quest that is enabled when you get your first bees. The quest requires you to build up reputation, which I never got that high during my whole playthrough.
For Witchery, I needed dragon crystals which require the Alfheim protal from Botania. From the ingame documentation, I thought I needed lots of mana, however as I filled my two mana pools and waited a long time while that happened, it turned out that the activation almost takes none at all. This has not been stated anywhere. I did notice that the quest book descriptions also became more and more vague with the later quests (like how we are supposed to get Rutile ore seeds, that quest should be moved to the next essence tier quest as it is the only one that can't be finished at the same point as the others of the same tier). Having finished the Witchery quest line, the last quests in the Botania line wanted me to get a full set of terrasteel armor. It takes long, very, very long. The gaia spirit quest shouldn't have that one as requirement. While waiting for the mana to accumulate, I died in the nether due to falling into lava. I cheated in the rest of the terrasteel ingots and finished the quest, curious to find out whether it unlocks the last tier of magical crops essences. It did not. I stopped playing after that and wrote this review. ;)

All in all:
+ New theme, ores are obtained using a mixture of Botania, Magical Crops and AgriCulture (and not from Ex Nihilo or something)
+ The pack stays mostly magic-themed, there are mods like Mekanism, but these are end-game, as the recipes are changed to use end-game materials
+ A huge amount of quests with fair rewards
+ Wasteland!
+ Progression is slow, but steady

- The progression is not always obvious
- Some mods like Thaumcraft, Blood Magic have no quests yet (or at least as far as I progressed)
- Ores in the nether
- The terrasteel armor quest grind
- What's the reputation good for, other than the bee quest?
- The lack of storage management early to late game

There probably are some points which I forgot, but overall I enjoyed the pack.
By the way, is there some quest missing from the first chapter? I am at 91% but never got another quest there.

Reactions: Ryonkemp

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
so i tryed making grout doesnt seem like recipe is there. so how am i supposed to get a copper pickhead to get a osyter?

You get seared stone from smelting cobblestone in the Mariculture cruicible furnace. You can also try the manasteel pickaxe to mine stuff.