[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, here's my feedback for the modpack.
By the way, is there some quest missing from the first chapter? I am at 91% but never got another quest there.
Nice review overall. I have a feeling many of your quest criticisms will be ironed out once the pack gets out of alpha.. @thephoenixlodge mentioned that Thaumcraft quests were going to be added, for example.

There are more hidden quests - I can confirm chapter 1 is completable. (though I did have to fiddle with the HQM book to get the bee quest to complete -- that's not chapter 1, nevermind!)

Last edited:

kremlar68

Jul 29, 2019
- The lack of storage management early to late game

What do you mean lack of storage management?

Barrels and drawers are both available instantly, buildcraft and vanilla sorting options are available shortly thereafter along with hand of ender/backpacks. Mid-game you can do anything neatly and cleanly with thaumcraft golems or red string. And late game you don't even have to do anything because AE will do it for you..

Nanocorp2000

Jul 29, 2019
Forgive my ignorance but I cant seem to find the way to get Steel(besides melting down mail before patch and in the abandoned mine shafts) or titanium, to mine Rutile I need cobalt but I can't mine that without making titanium which needs Rutile. If I have this completely wrong let me know. If there is a connection I am missing please let me know also. By the way... Great Pack!!!

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean lack of storage management?

Barrels and drawers are both available instantly, buildcraft and vanilla sorting options are available shortly thereafter along with hand of ender/backpacks. Mid-game you can do anything neatly and cleanly with thaumcraft golems or red string. And late game you don't even have to do anything because AE will do it for you..

It's in my review. I meant sorting things. I had Thaumcraft golems, but no good way to get things out from one chest into barrels. Red string needs a little tutorial in the quest book if it is supposed to be the main mid-game sorting solution. And as I said, I never got into the last tier of essences, thus I had no certus quartz.

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
Forgive my ignorance but I cant seem to find the way to get Steel(besides melting down mail before patch and in the abandoned mine shafts) or titanium, to mine Rutile I need cobalt but I can't mine that without making titanium which needs Rutile. If I have this completely wrong let me know. If there is a connection I am missing please let me know also. By the way... Great Pack!!!

That's what I had some problems at as well. You can get a steel level pickaxe if you make the Terrasteel pickaxe or the pickaxe from Forbidden Magic. Then you can mine ardite, and an ardite pickaxe can mine cobalt.

Reactions: Nanocorp2000

kremlar68

Jul 29, 2019
Hadn't been back to the nether after the 1.6 patch.. was something done to adjust mob spawn rates? Hell hounds are now spawning, while a lot of the vanilla nether mobs just aren't around. Haven't seen any new ghasts, wither skeletons, slimes, &c. My nether fortress is just empty now.

Also, not sure if this was reported/fix.. The enchantment books I received as a quest reward were bugged and unusable.

I ran them through the bibliocraft printing press to see if I could trick them into working. The result book showed two enchantments in waila with the first one being something like <INVALID>, and it was also readable with one page that looked like it was just text pulled from a config file or script referencing enchiridion. Accidently cactused the book/plate before taking screenshots or better notes.. but yeah, the enchant book reward was screwy.

Robbie007

Jul 29, 2019
Is testing still available? Cuz that is the only reason I made this forum acc. I love mod packs with magic AND hqm, I also hate ex nihilo, win-win-win situation.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Hadn't been back to the nether after the 1.6 patch.. was something done to adjust mob spawn rates? Hell hounds are now spawning, while a lot of the vanilla nether mobs just aren't around. Haven't seen any new ghasts, wither skeletons, slimes, &c. My nether fortress is just empty now.

Also, not sure if this was reported/fix.. The enchantment books I received as a quest reward were bugged and unusable.

I ran them through the bibliocraft printing press to see if I could trick them into working. The result book showed two enchantments in waila with the first one being something like <INVALID>, and it was also readable with one page that looked like it was just text pulled from a config file or script referencing enchiridion. Accidently cactused the book/plate before taking screenshots or better notes.. but yeah, the enchant book reward was screwy.
Hell Hounds were only added to witchery in the version I updated to with 0.6, but I can offer no explanation to the lack of other mobs unless it may be due to hellfish hiding in ores.
As for the enchanted books, I'll try and find a way to sort that for 0.6.3.

In regards to the Rutile discussion, I'll shift the mining level of rutile down a few, so you can mine it before steel.

It's in my review. I meant sorting things. I had Thaumcraft golems, but no good way to get things out from one chest into barrels. Red string needs a little tutorial in the quest book if it is supposed to be the main mid-game sorting solution. And as I said, I never got into the last tier of essences, thus I had no certus quartz.
You mean like the sorting core does? And buildcraft does have powerful capacities for sorting which you can use well mid game (yes I am going to write more quests on BC pipes) in the form of the Daizuli pipe system and lenses, which work akin to the old redpower sorting system. Worried about spilling items? Use clay pipes, they're the insertion pipes that were in all the old BC addons. Automation isn't meant to be simple in this pack, its supposed to make you think a bit.
Regarding not knowing which tools had which harvest levels, you can search it in NEI...
As for the two hidden quests in the first set, they're there to reward the player for doing things not normally required. One involves spawners, and the other involves caving.
The Wrath enchantment requires a diamond sword, but its not craftable nor cheatable in NEI.
ugh, damn. I really should have looked through the thaumonomicon before disabling that recipe. I have to re-enable the recipe for the vanilla wooden sword too for witchery purposes.

Robbie007

Jul 29, 2019
Would you ever consider seeing if you can get a texture pack made for this? I am not suggesting myself for that though.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Would you ever consider seeing if you can get a texture pack made for this? I am not suggesting myself for that though.
A lot of the texture packs on the FTB launcher work just fine, though tend to be missing some mod support, namely EBXL. The textures I made for the items I add with Quadrum are also likely to never end up being covered in a texture packs, simply due to only existing for this pack.

kremlar68

Jul 29, 2019

Red string is more for moving your sorting system away from the storage endpoints so that you can hide your pipes/hoppers/etc and don't have to futz about with facades. It could probably do more powerful things but I've just been using it to make things look cleaner.

I just can't picture what you were trying to build or what mods/sorting systems you're used to if golems or buildcraft or botania can't cut it for you. Vanilla+any one of those mods let you make really neat systems, and if you combine them all together and throw in barrels(especially bspace) and drawers(especially compacting drawers) you can do anything in a dozen different ways. The only somewhat annoying thing is that agricraft blocks the botania auto-farm stuff because crops break from drum of the wild, and dispensers can't place crops or seeds.

How do you normally handle items? Just rush AE? I know it's a fun mod and it does what it does really well.. but there's other options out there and they lead to really cool builds beyond some wires and a cube that do everything.

Reactions: thephoenixlodge

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I think it'd be neat to have to EBXL and Natura saplings craftable, as well as a horse spawn egg. Also, one can make the seed bags from Natura, and then plant those directly on tilled soil (no crops needed). Probably an AgriCraft thing.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Were experience drops changed so we cant use them to get experience?

I right click on them, but nothing happens...