[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
I am loving the pack overall, but the problem I posted earlier about the whole thing freezing up when I open the page in the HQM that dealt with seeds I can't even get to. I can open up the book, click to get past the intro and then everything just gets stuck. I want to continue playing this, but it is unplayable for me if I want to continue the quests at all.
what kind of ram and perm gen settings are you running it with cause that seems to be happening with quite a few people.

Merlyn

Jul 29, 2019
what kind of ram and perm gen settings are you running it with cause that seems to be happening with quite a few people.

I honestly don't remember atm where to check the perm gen, but ram is 3.5 gig. I haven't had to fiddle with settings in a while, maybe I need a new Java Parameter? I did just update to the latest java today, tried both fastcraft & optifine and nothing has helped.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
I've done that about 5 times but they still appear invisible. I've tried looking it up but none of the suggestions worked. :(
hmm thats interesting ive never had that issue remain after i have reloaded a world ill have to do some checking on that and see what i can come up with
I honestly don't remember atm where to check the perm gen, but ram is 3.5 gig. I haven't had to fiddle with settings in a while, maybe I need a new Java Parameter? I did just update to the latest java today, tried both fastcraft & optifine and nothing has helped.
that could be the issue cause most packs have issues with java 8. i would backdate to java 7 and try it again.

Merlyn

Jul 29, 2019
I was on Java 7 when the problems started, they got worse a day or two ago, I just got an update notification last night, but I had just updated the Java and I also had a system update that I did along with it in the last hour. Same problems still happening.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
@1mP0ST3R a couple things i have found to try are changing your mipmap level in the video settings of minecraft to off and f3+a to reload all the chunks. if neither of those fix it it could be a missing texture and a redownload should solve that problem

Merlyn

Jul 29, 2019
I was on Java 7 when the problems started, they got worse a day or two ago, I just got an update notification last night, but I had just updated the Java and I also had a system update that I did along with it in the last hour. Same problems still happening.

I should also mention, the problems also started to happen when the pack got updated to 0.6.2.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
I should also mention, the problems also started to happen when the pack got updated to 0.6.2.
try turning off waila. if that solves it there is a download link to tictooltips on curse forge a few pages back. download that and replaces the 1.2.2 tictooltips with that and it should fix the issue

Merlyn

Jul 29, 2019
try turning off waila. if that solves it there is a download link to tictooltips on curse forge a few pages back. download that and replaces the 1.2.2 tictooltips with that and it should fix the issue

I already have the 1.2.3 tictooltips installed. I did that the day that was posted.

1mP0ST3R

Jul 29, 2019
@1mP0ST3R a couple things i have found to try are changing your mipmap level in the video settings of minecraft to off and f3+a to reload all the chunks. if neither of those fix it it could be a missing texture and a redownload should solve that problem
ok I'll tell you if it works.

1mP0ST3R

Jul 29, 2019
Yay! Redownloading the modpack worked!!!!! Thanks a lot I never would of thought of that. :D

Spacecowboy

Jul 29, 2019
Phoenix, found what appears to be a bug. Transitioning Dimensions, at least from Overworld to Nether and vice versa, breaks the Sojourner's Sash's ability to walk up a block. Didn't check any other baubles, but it appears that at least that step ability isn't working now.

Also, the feeling when I use 4 Terrasteel Ingots so I can mine Steel...

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I warn you now this is a long episode, about 40 minutes.. I just kept going and going and I didnt have the heart to cut it down to 2 smaller ones

RandomStranger

Jul 29, 2019
Phoenix, found what appears to be a bug. Transitioning Dimensions, at least from Overworld to Nether and vice versa, breaks the Sojourner's Sash's ability to walk up a block. Didn't check any other baubles, but it appears that at least that step ability isn't working now.

Also, the feeling when I use 4 Terrasteel Ingots so I can mine Steel...

I also encountered that, but i think that is more of a botania bug than the modpack's ,although i'm not sure if other packs have the same issue.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
hmm thats interesting ive never had that issue remain after i have reloaded a world ill have to do some checking on that and see what i can come up with

that could be the issue cause most packs have issues with java 8. i would backdate to java 7 and try it again.
Java 8 player here and no problems at all! It even runs better!!

Java 8 is only a problem for mods or modpacks a couple months older that never updated to the Forge fixed version!

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I have a question about getting more seeds. I have never played with magic crops or agricraft (one of the reasons I like this pack, new mods to discover).
Can I only get more seeds by cross breeding them from scratch, or do I every once in a while get an extra seed when harvesting a crop (right-click).

When googling I see something about hard mode, but I am not at home right now, so I can't see the configs.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I have a question about getting more seeds. I have never played with magic crops or agricraft (one of the reasons I like this pack, new mods to discover).
Can I only get more seeds by cross breeding them from scratch, or do I every once in a while get an extra seed when harvesting a crop (right-click).

When googling I see something about hard mode, but I am not at home right now, so I can't see the configs.
You'll only get extra seeds by spreading the plant using crosscrops.

As for the Soujourner's sash thing, I think I remember noticing something similar while playing Mage Quest at one point, so its definitely not pack specific.

I'm probably going to add a statement to the first post suggesting people try doing a force update if things seem a little wonky when updating to 0.6.2, since it seems to resolve the weirdnesses people have been having. I've currently started working on 0.6.3, to update a couple of mods, and fix bugs as they're reported to me, so make sure to tell me if you find anything weird with the quests or recipe changes.

One last thing - could those who are still experiencing notable lag from WAILA on 0.6.2 even after trying a force update try disabling the WAILA Plugins mod and let me know if that helps?

amitcool

Jul 29, 2019
first of all i want to thanks phoenix for this great,awesome pack.
secondly i am playing on 0.62 version and the beeees quest doesnt seem to be completed although i have 14 genetic reputation while it seems that the quest needs 10,any help?

thanks in advance!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
first of all i want to thanks phoenix for this great,awesome pack.
secondly i am playing on 0.62 version and the beeees quest doesnt seem to be completed although i have 14 genetic reputation while it seems that the quest needs 10,any help?

thanks in advance!
That quest requires you to actually collect a bee before it'll actually show itself too

amitcool

Jul 29, 2019
That quest requires you to actually collect a bee before it'll actually show itself too
the quest is already revealed in the quest book because i already collected a bee,the quest itself is a reputation quest and it seems like i need 10 in genetics that i already have (i have 15 in genetics) however this step of the quest doesnt complete