[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Doywan

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there,

I've been playing Regrowth since the past few days and i think i've now got a grasp on my overall feeling about the pack, enough to share it.

First of all it's good to see that's the ressource rarity do not come from Ex Nihilo, it's a bit of a fresh air. I like the background for the world, but it's missing something. I do not feel the urge to "Regrowth the planet", collect ressources and do the quests, yes, but i'm not in the story. Maybe a bit of a setup will help that, something along the lines of the wrecked ship in Crash Landing. Maybe add some final and main goal : heal the planet, using the Witchery biome ritual. You have a good thing going on.

The first tier of progression (up to the Magic crop) is really smooth and fun to do. I wouldn't change a thing. Things get complicated with the crop. Agricraft is a great mod (thank for the discovery btw), and it's fun to play around with it to get the magic crop, in the begining. But soon (i've done up the tier 2 crop) it get really grindy and boring. Growing by hand 20~ seeds up to 10/10/10 is in my opinion tidious and worst of all, useless. I've set up two 9x9 field full of max crop, they grow so fast that as soon as i've finished to harvest them, i can do it again. If you add the irrigation system, it's crazy fast. It show two problems in my opinion :

- The lack of automation: tree farm, harvesting crop, the only way available i see is the golem, and they come way too late. Plus i don't even know if they can work with Agricraft crop system properly. To have a "good" piping system you need to go up to Mekanism wich need T3 magic crop (wich you'll do by hand again) and a Assembly table, to power the laser for the Assembly table you have engine from BC or the turbine from Mariculture. I know i've left out the BC pipe, but it was intentional. I'm not saying "add TE, MFR, etc" or anything, i've read your point of view on these popular mod. But add some mid game automation (redstone, SFM...) this point and only this point is a real buzzkill for me.

- You'll get way more ressource than you ever need. I'm drowning in iron, copper, tin, gold... and so far i've used less than a stack for each. It's pointless to set up field for max out crops with the ressource consumption you've set.

I do not plan to go past the T2 for now but i've look at all the recipe to progress in the tech tree. You've done a really good job with this pack, but you need to do some change to improve the gameplay. Keep in mind what you've done for the first part, that i think should be the spirit of your pack.

(English is not my mother tongue, so i apologize if it's hard to read me)

Reactions: BMB78

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Ok people need to seriously look into the newer Buildcraft for their piping solutions, those pipes can do alot more especially once you get lenses and filters which basically do what old Red Power Sortrons did. Robots can also do alot of automating with tree farms especially, they can also patrol the area and kill baddies.

Doywan

Jul 29, 2019
I did say "i've left out the BC pipe". I did not know about the Robots, i don't know all the mod by heart my bad. But after looking them up, did you actually see the tech tree to get them (and to get the pipe upgrade you're talking about) ? You're lucky to see them just after T3. I'm not here because i'm lazy or want to trash the pack, i'm giving MY opinion on what can be improve on the pack.

kremlar68

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there,

I've been playing Regrowth since the past few days and i think i've now got a grasp on my overall feeling about the pack, enough to share it.

First of all it's good to see that's the ressource rarity do not come from Ex Nihilo, it's a bit of a fresh air. I like the background for the world, but it's missing something. I do not feel the urge to "Regrowth the planet", collect ressources and do the quests, yes, but i'm not in the story. Maybe a bit of a setup will help that, something along the lines of the wrecked ship in Crash Landing. Maybe add some final and main goal : heal the planet, using the Witchery biome ritual. You have a good thing going on.

The first tier of progression (up to the Magic crop) is really smooth and fun to do. I wouldn't change a thing. Things get complicated with the crop. Agricraft is a great mod (thank for the discovery btw), and it's fun to play around with it to get the magic crop, in the begining. But soon (i've done up the tier 2 crop) it get really grindy and boring. Growing by hand 20~ seeds up to 10/10/10 is in my opinion tidious and worst of all, useless. I've set up two 9x9 field full of max crop, they grow so fast that as soon as i've finished to harvest them, i can do it again. If you add the irrigation system, it's crazy fast. It show two problems in my opinion :

- The lack of automation: tree farm, harvesting crop, the only way available i see is the golem, and they come way too late. Plus i don't even know if they can work with Agricraft crop system properly. To have a "good" piping system you need to go up to Mekanism wich need T3 magic crop (wich you'll do by hand again) and a Assembly table, to power the laser for the Assembly table you have engine from BC or the turbine from Mariculture. I know i've left out the BC pipe, but it was intentional. I'm not saying "add TE, MFR, etc" or anything, i've read your point of view on these popular mod. But add some mid game automation (redstone, SFM...) this point and only this point is a real buzzkill for me.

- You'll get way more ressource than you ever need. I'm drowning in iron, copper, tin, gold... and so far i've used less than a stack for each. It's pointless to set up field for max out crops with the ressource consumption you've set.

I do not plan to go past the T2 for now but i've look at all the recipe to progress in the tech tree. You've done a really good job with this pack, but you need to do some change to improve the gameplay. Keep in mind what you've done for the first part, that i think should be the spirit of your pack.

(English is not my mother tongue, so i apologize if it's hard to read me)

10/10/10 seeds after the first one are really easy. Just place a cross-crop in between a current 101010 seed and a newbie seed. The cross-crop averages the values of the adjacent crops so if the newb seed spreads there it becomes a 6/6/6, replant it and the next spread becomes an 8/8/8, etc. It takes maybe two game days to whip all your seeds up to max.

Also...why do you care about the lack of automation if you're already drowning in resources? It seems silly to complain about both things at the same time.

Golems do work on the crops by the way.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
so im kinda curious because im starting to get way too many seeds from crossbreeding my seeds to get better ones is there any way to get rid of the lower ones i dont want anymore?

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
i like this modpack alot :) but i was wondering is there any mid game harvesting methods because i find myself getting burnt out rather quickly when i have to go around harvest some iron crops every time i need to make some items and would like to be able to skip that step and just have a bounty of essence waiting for me

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
Am I doing something wrong or why can't I produce Mutandis using the witch's cauldron? I can't insert the egg that is needed for that. The egg just sits on top of the cauldron.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
so im kinda curious because im starting to get way too many seeds from crossbreeding my seeds to get better ones is there any way to get rid of the lower ones i dont want anymore?
You can go under world in NEI options and unluck the trash can and just delete them.

nightandstars

Jul 29, 2019
Am I doing something wrong or why can't I produce Mutandis using the witch's cauldron? I can't insert the egg that is needed for that. The egg just sits on top of the cauldron.

Make sure you have a witchery altar to power it, a source of fire like netherack under, and the cauldron full of water which is about 3 buckets.

Reactions: Pandemoneus

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Umm did you look up the recipe for Mutandis? I am pretty sure the recipe is changed and doesn't require a cauldron... I could be wrong tho

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I've just about used all my overflow seeds from my wheat breeding to making Botania flowers... they all have a use later :)

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I believe there's more than one recipe for mutandis and the later tech one is more efficient.

1mP0ST3R

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem. Some of the blocks like Tinker's Tool Station, Stencil Table, Part Builder, Crafting Bench, and Limestone and Marble are invisible and show all the open caves that are underground. Did anyone have this problem and know how to fix it or am I the first?

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem. Some of the blocks like Tinker's Tool Station, Stencil Table, Part Builder, Crafting Bench, and Limestone and Marble are invisible and show all the open caves that are underground. Did anyone have this problem and know how to fix it or am I the first?
its just a render glitch it happens alot with minecraft. if you restart it should fix it

Merlyn

Jul 29, 2019
I am loving the pack overall, but the problem I posted earlier about the whole thing freezing up when I open the page in the HQM that dealt with seeds I can't even get to. I can open up the book, click to get past the intro and then everything just gets stuck. I want to continue playing this, but it is unplayable for me if I want to continue the quests at all.