[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
@Rokuma, could we see the rest of your setup?
This was in a test world, and was setup to help someone out with easy crafting of the drop of luck/redstone soup.
Imgur Album
FTBWiki Altar Page (useful for figuring out what to add for more power)
I don't have any images of the last setup, but it would have been somewhat difficult to show as it was on multiple floors. I'm currently starting a new world due to corruption so I can't grab any images.

My top level (actually ground level) was a small forest with tall grass and various plants for power. At the maximum 32 block distance out was my primary ritual circle.
Second level was my farm level, additionally benefiting the altar for power, down a third layer was where my cauldron/kettle/distillery/spinning wheel area. An obsidian room next to that was my cauldron based demon summoning spot. (Little tip, if you're invisible demons don't attack you making trading easy. Botania's Tainted Blood Necklace can be enchanted with "cloaking" to do so, just remove armor and make sure you have mana available.)

EDIT: Basically, power wise, anything with the same ID# count as the same ignoring meta/damage value.
Think of the altar as a generator/battery combo, with wireless transmission to any "machines" of the mod.

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Tip: Use a Dispenser to plant vanilla crops for extra altar power.

Hmm, crops are not that good actually. 5 crops will get you about 20 base altar points. The best way to get massive altar power is to probably to exploit the different tree groups.

It goes something like this:

Group #1 - Rowan, Alder, Hawthorn
Group #2 - (Natura) Maple, Silverbell, Amaranth, & Tiger
Group #3 - (Natura) Redwood Bark, Wood, & Root
Group #4 - (Natura) Eucalyptus, Sakura, Ghostwood, & Hopseed
Group #5 - (Natura) Willow
Group #6 - (Vanilla) Oak, Spruce, Birch, & Jungle, Acaia
Group #7 - (Thaumcraft) Silverwood, Greatwood

Each one of those group scan give up to 100 base altar points, +100 base altar points for leaf blocks. I dunno why it's set up this way because the groups seem mostly arbitrary, but hey it works.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, crops are not that good actually. 5 crops will get you about 20 base altar points. The best way to get massive altar power is to probably to exploit the different tree groups.

It goes something like this:

Group #1 - Rowan, Alder, Hawthorn
Group #2 - (Natura) Maple, Silverbell, Amaranth, & Tiger
Group #3 - (Natura) Redwood Bark, Wood, & Root
Group #4 - (Natura) Eucalyptus, Sakura, Ghostwood, & Hopseed
Group #5 - (Natura) Willow
Group #6 - (Vanilla) Oak, Spruce, Birch, & Jungle, Acaia
Group #7 - (Thaumcraft) Silverwood, Greatwood

Each one of those group scan give up to 100 base altar points, +100 base altar points for leaf blocks. I dunno why it's set up this way because the groups seem mostly arbitrary, but hey it works.
Not really arbitrary, it's based off item ids, so ones which share the same I'd and differ by metadata/NBT will be in the same group for determining limits. Pretty sure dark oak and jungle (or is it acacia?) are in a different group to the rest of the vanilla logs so it's actually two groups.

Also the altar should have a cube shaped area it searches for power sources, not spherical.

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
Another Thaumcraft question. I swear I remember seeing an item in the Thauminomicon that was described as being like a Divination Sigil for the Infusion Altar, giving you a reading of its stability. Can't find it again. Pretty sure it was an add-on item. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Another Thaumcraft question. I swear I remember seeing an item in the Thauminomicon that was described as being like a Divination Sigil for the Infusion Altar, giving you a reading of its stability. Can't find it again. Pretty sure it was an add-on item. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?
The item you are thinking of is the "Arcane Abacus" from Witching Gadgets.

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
As there is a discussion about circles, here is my current setup (just under 17K). I'm standing on my blood magic altar - Tier 5, self-sacrifice /w regen. I'm working on getting the T5 orb, as I've not done alchemy and summoning before. I don't have plans to go T6.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-zDeN8o6SKOVks5Q194NkVWVDQ

In the center you see the main circle, altar and basic tools. Behind the altar is a forest of various trees, grass, etc. Under this circle is where I stashed a bunch of various logs not seen here. A dragon egg is behind the tree that the oven is at. I went and made the pentacle anyway (I only wanted ingots for coven witches), but IMO was not worth it. Filling the chalice and adding my head were the best boosts.

Left (starting from the bottom), is the Cauldron /w circles, Kettle (stashed in a nook of limestone), and you can kinda see the wispy cotton of my 'dream world' launching point.

I could have cut this part off, but on the right you see my current Thermalilly config, as well as the Forestry farm and (way in the distance) part of the Thaumcraft and Mekanism areas. The farm is off as I have over 6K of most things now. Though I am considering re-working the farm to make more of what I don't have tons of - which is why it looks so small.

Snowpaw

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an issue completing the Alfhiem quest in the quest book. I made a portal, tossed my book in, and it never shows the quest completed. Manual Submit does nothing either. I've switched to cheat mode and spawned a ton of lexica books, making sure it just has the minecraftian knowledge, toss it in, and get a book back, but the quest STILL doesn't complete. Am I doing something wrong or is this a known issue?

rjwboys

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an issue completing the Alfhiem quest in the quest book. I made a portal, tossed my book in, and it never shows the quest completed. Manual Submit does nothing either. I've switched to cheat mode and spawned a ton of lexica books, making sure it just has the minecraftian knowledge, toss it in, and get a book back, but the quest STILL doesn't complete. Am I doing something wrong or is this a known issue?
knowned issue, just use the OP quest book to complete the quest

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
I can't use the conjuration catalyst to duplicate redstone (only shows the option to make mana powder). Bug or feature?

Snowpaw

Jul 29, 2019
knowned issue, just use the OP quest book to complete the quest

I don't know how to get that item, or it's disabled. I only see one kind of quest book in NEI and since I'm a solo player I don't know about any sort of OP commands or such. Is there a guide for this?

rjwboys

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how to get that item, or it's disabled. I only see one kind of quest book in NEI and since I'm a solo player I don't know about any sort of OP commands or such. Is there a guide for this?
/hqm edit you will get the op book in inventory, find the quest and click on it to complete
then destroy book when done

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

(From the FAQ in the second post: )
You'll need to have cheats enabled to accomplish this, so if you're in single player, go to the menu and Open to LAN, be sure to select Enable Cheats. If you play multiplayer, you will need op privileges or an op to do it for you.
In the chat type: /hqm edit -- this will give you an Op quest book you can use to re-complete your quests. Shift-click on all the quests you have completed.

Reactions: fimbrethil

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
I can't use the conjuration catalyst to duplicate redstone (only shows the option to make mana powder). Bug or feature?

Just to be sure, the conjuration catalyst is beneath the mana pool you want to throw it into right?
If so that's probably a bug. You can however grow more easily. You could also try just throwing some in to see if it makes more or mana powder.

Hey, it's an 800 page thread - no shame in missing something. :D
*sarcasm* Grah, yes it is! What's wrong with you!

But really, most of us seem to be willing to help when we can, with what we can.

Speaking of, does anyone want me to grab my infusion altar room images for an easily well stabilized room?

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
Just to be sure, the conjuration catalyst is beneath the mana pool you want to throw it into right?
If so that's probably a bug. You can however grow more easily. You could also try just throwing some in to see if it makes more or mana powder.

Yes it is and yes it made mana powder. I am growing it (10/10/10 everything) but ran into a shortage I wanted to resolve quickly.