[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
It should be within visual range of wherever you right clicked it from, if it's in the end. Less than 20 blocks away
The only thing I can suggest off the top of my head is just excavate the surrounding area if you can't see it straight away.
It was next to my Oblivion Bee apiary. I used the redstone block trick to look underground and there are no caves within that range, and it's nowhere above ground either.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
question about brew of flowing spirits... it has to be brewed in the dream world... so i basically have to restart again in the dream world? and how? im not breading and collecting all that again to get to witchery lvl XD

well atleast there is ores underground. sigh half the battle.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
question about brew of flowing spirits... it has to be brewed in the dream world... so i basically have to restart again in the dream world? and how? im not breading and collecting all that again to get to witchery lvl XD

well atleast there is ores underground. sigh half the battle.

There are alternatives. I've done it the long way a couple of times. I obtained ender pearls through oysters and progressed through the crops until I could build an ender chest.

One option that I've seen (this is assumed), is there is a Thaumcraft Item called the travelling trunk (Think Luggage from Discworld), it states in the description that it will follow it's master to another dimension. So it should be possible to create one, load it with the relevant gear, and then get it out at the other end.

I haven't seen anything official about the way to work on it.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I am finally to the point in this world that I can make BC gates. It has been such a long time since I've messed with buildcraft. I forgot how much fun it was automating everything with pipes and watching it zip around. :D

I like how you can attach multiple gates to the same pipe in the new version of BC. It should let me get rid of the bulky redstone engines and replace all of it with 4 pulsating gates in a single block space as I need a high extraction rate on the chest. Gates are just so slow to build. :( I'm up to 8 biogas engines for the base and 4 lasers although I could probably build a 5th. I've got all my farms fully automated with botania, so the planting area isn't that large, and I don't need to worry about harvesting. The farm area is only about 1/2 used, so as I get more seeds bred, I should have plenty of room.

Definitely enjoying the pack!

Reactions: L0neGamer

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
It was next to my Oblivion Bee apiary. I used the redstone block trick to look underground and there are no caves within that range, and it's nowhere above ground either.
Spawn one in again, and creative-destroy it if/when you find the original?

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
I'm up to 8 biogas engines for the base and 4 lasers although I could probably build a 5th.

I tend to use solid fuel boilers (3x3) with high pressure tanks on top (3x3X4). Industrial steam engines with gates for controllers. Until i blew my boiler up last weekend (yeah i figured out the boiler sat in between two zones), i had 12 lasers being run off 6 of 8 engines running. I never really get far into Mekanism before i restart, so i am sure there are better setups.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
How do you automate farms with botania? I personally use a hopperhock/BC robot setup
Without updating agricraft I dont think you can automate them with 100% Botania. The drum doesnt quite work right in this version, so you always have to use some other method of harvesting.

FYI, since InfinityRaider is not maintaing the 1.7.10 version anymore, I may pull his source and see if I can resolve the shearing issue. I'll post more when I know more.

Last edited:

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
How do you automate farms with botania? I personally use a hopperhock/BC robot setup

I am using the drum of the wild. I don't know about the 1.4.7 hotfix version, but in 1.5.0 agricraft, the drum of the wild will only harvest about 40% of the fields. In previous versions, it tried to harvest the same "random" 40% each and every time. Now, it also checks for crop maturity in addition to just a valid crop, so it will work through the entire field in a few firings of the drum. (I don't remember if this was a botania or agricraft fix, but it works now.) I found that a 30 second timer seems to be the sweet spot between crops growing and the drum harvesting. This is with the agricraft sprinklers. If you aren't using a sprinkler, I would say you could harvest about every 60 seconds. It seems that the drum has a vertical range of 2 when looking for valid crops, so I have that in the center of my four 7x7 fields (sprinkler range) 1 block below the ground. The hopperhocks have a range of 10 in all directions when connected to a mana pool, so I have 1 hopper hock directly below the mana pool about 9 blocks below the fields. That leaves the area directly under my farms free for other equipment and walkways. Right now, my pulse mana spreader is flush with my floor, but I may try to hide it once I can set up my mana spreader to fire through blocks. (I think this is the phantom lens.)

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
FYI, since InfinityRaider is not maintaing the 1.7.10 version anymore, I may pull his source and see if I can resolve the shearing issue. I'll post more when I know more.

So.... A quick look and I found the issue in about 5 min.

I have reached out to InfinityRaider to see if it's ok for me to make my patched version available.

Reactions: L0neGamer and netmc

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Mariculture crucible automation... I am using the mariculture crucible for automating all my ores.. Not the best ratio of ores to ingots, but when you are essentially dealing with unlimited resources, I decided that compact would be the best solutions.

I dedicate each ore to its own crucible. I am using BC pipes and gates to automate it. Directly below each crucible is an autoassembler that is creating the ores from essences. The ores are fed as needed to keep about a stack and a half in the crucible at all times since the crucible can smelt both inputs at once. On top the auto assembler is a wooden extraction pipe, followed by a gold pipe to speed up transfer and then quartz the rest of the way up to the crucible.

A golden AND gate reads the specific ore item in the crucible and sends a red pipe signal when that drops below 75%. The pulsating gate down below on the extraction pipe is activated on a red pipe signal.

This is the same for all the for almost all the ores..
2016-05-12_21.03.49.png

All except for iron. Smelting iron ore in the crucible generates unknown ironic dust. I didn't have any extra space I could use for the piping, and I was trying to keep everything nice and compact. This was my solution to the problem.

2016-05-12_20.53.05.png

I am using the same pipe for both the extraction of the ironic dust and the insertion of the ores. I am using a filter and lens on the pipe segments to get this done. As ores come up, they are blocked from entering down the alternate path by the red filter (Lowest pipe segment you can see). The clay insertion pipe (you could also use diamond) makes sure that the ores go into the crucible. The wooden extraction pipe pulls out the ironic dust when it is present. The dust can't reenter the crucible, so the insertion pipes passes it down and it passes through the red lens inline. Since it now colored red, the red filter pulls the ironic dust down the alternate path. I am using a gold OR pulsating gate in this case so I can activate on either trigger independent of the other.

I'm sure there could be other ways to automate this with more tech, but I am happy with the results.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure there could be other ways to automate this with more tech, but I am happy with the results.
I did the same basic strategy on my last world (just restarted again). I used Bspace barrels to add the ores and coal to run them (i used endoflames and solid fuel boilers for everything, so it made sense to run them off coal as well instead of lava). Throw a void upgrade on the iron dust and never had to think about it again.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
So I spoke to InfintyRaider and it seems that due to the continued demand for 1.7.10 he will probably be doing another 1.7.10 release of Agricraft.

Due to this I will not be releasing the fixed version I made but will instead submit the fix to him so that it can be included in his build.

In the short term if you need the fix, you can check out my fork of the repository and build it youself. The project is well set up and is no problem to check out and build yourself (assuming you know how to build a mod).

Edit - no need to check out my fork. I.R. already took my code so you can just build his 1.7.10 branch.

Last edited:
Reactions: An0nymuS
S

slaw0

Anyone has a problem crafting the compost bin? I put the parts onto the crafting table and nothing shows up at the result. Nei shows the recipie too, but I simpli cant craft it :(

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone has a problem crafting the compost bin? I put the parts onto the crafting table and nothing shows up at the result. Nei shows the recipie too, but I simpli cant craft it :(

Could be you are using a slab that doesn't have a dictionary entry in crafting the piece, or the recipe doesn't allow for it. If that's not the case then just try restarting - sometimes you will lose the ability to craft items due to some unknown bug, but a restart usually fixes it. I suspect it has something to do with minetweaker recipe changes, but really haven't bothered to look into it.

S

slaw0

Could be you are using a slab that doesn't have a dictionary entry in crafting the piece, or the recipe doesn't allow for it. If that's not the case then just try restarting - sometimes you will lose the ability to craft items due to some unknown bug, but a restart usually fixes it. I suspect it has something to do with minetweaker recipe changes, but really haven't bothered to look into it.

Restart didnt help, but on a hunch I tried using different slabs and sticks, I was only just one kind, and it turns out you have to use at least one of each from the Natura mod.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
I make them all the time out of various woods. Generally tho i just use the dead wood planks made into slabs (becomes oak).