[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so I happened to see the discussion on wolf bracers etc for the Guardian, and decided to give that a try (as I had the pelts for both the bracers and the cloak).

That's made Gaia I pretty easy (when combined with Strength II from Magic Crops, Regen II from pendant and an Infernal wand), but for Gaia II I'm still getting killed off at phase 2. That version's attacks are primarily ranged, and I'm getting knocked all over the place since I'm unable to use the Terrasteel armor in wolfman form. Plus he attacks so often the extra hearts from Werewolf don't get a chance to be added in.

I'm checking on a solution to the knockback issue now (probably a different belt, I remember Botania having one), but can you add runic shielding to the bracers and cloak? I am considering swapping in at least one shield ring, possibly two, in order to counter the large number of smaller attacks; this also gives a secondary purpose for the wand. I also have a shocking number of nether stars (for me anyway), so may also try the extra beacon thing.

You're really over thinking this. I think the easiest way to defeat Gaia and Gaia 2 is to just load up on Runic Shielding items or TiCon hearts and some sort of perma regen (potion works) then blast away with a silverwood staff + shock focus.

FYI - 4 pts of potency and 1 pt of chain lightning in a shock focus in a silverwood staff will do 5 hearts (plus jump to other mobs) and will fire something like every 0.3 or 0.5 seconds and it never misses. That's right, it auto-locks on target so long as you point it in the general direction of the mob you are fighting.

Even though the per shot damage on the staff isn't that high, the rate of fire and the fact that it's ranged and never misses means that it does a lot of damage per second, plus when he goes into his static phase where he starts spawning mobs, the staff will AOE burn them all down without you ever getting touched as it will stun/knockback them.

I honestly think this is the fastest way to kill him (at range) because even when I build underground and chase him around in a small room with a high dmg sword, it still takes longer than zapping him to death with a wand focus.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've been following ShadeofDead's series, and he's having difficulties getting Titanium out of the Vat. It appears that the Emerald Fluid Pipe is no longer accepting ladles of titanium in the filter correctly. It will pull the normal Titanium first, then followup with the impure titanium anyway. o_O I've been able to reproduce this on my 0.9.1, which IIRC is the version he's on.

I've also poked the #buildcraft IRC channel for checking there. [Edit - looks like a bug of some form.] Its also not working when pulling from the Mari tank to a BC one.

[PS - looking forward to Mek 9, though I shudder to think what you're doing to his 'Tesseract' recipe. ;-) Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to help test.]

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've been following ShadeofDead's series, and he's having difficulties getting Titanium out of the Vat. It appears that the Emerald Fluid Pipe is no longer accepting ladles of titanium in the filter correctly. It will pull the normal Titanium first, then followup with the impure titanium anyway. o_O I've been able to reproduce this on my 0.9.1, which IIRC is the version he's on.

I've also poked the #buildcraft IRC channel for checking there. [Edit - looks like a bug of some form.] Its also not working when pulling from the Mari tank to a BC one.

[PS - looking forward to Mek 9, though I shudder to think what you're doing to his 'Tesseract' recipe. ;-) Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to help test.]
The emerald pipe filters don't work correctly only on tanks/blocks from Mariculture only unfortunately. I talked to Asie about this quite a while ago and it was determined it was a bug on Mariculture's side, and that isn't getting updated any time soon. The filters do work fine on any other tank though.
Funnily enough the entagloporter didn't need its recipe to be tweaked, as it's default recipe consists entirely of existing components from mek itself that already had tweaked recipes.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Any thoughts on setting the following to false? I had issues with random pipes and machines disappearing on world load. These all stopped when I set these two entries to false in the forge.cfg file. I haven't had any crashes by disabling it.

# Set this to true to remove any Entity that throws an error in its update method instead of closing the server and reporting a crash log. BE WARNED THIS COULD SCREW UP EVERYTHING USE SPARINGLY WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES.
B:removeErroringEntities=false

# Set this to true to remove any TileEntity that throws an error in its update method instead of closing the server and reporting a crash log. BE WARNED THIS COULD SCREW UP EVERYTHING USE SPARINGLY WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES.
B:removeErroringTileEntities=false

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Any thoughts on setting the following to false? I had issues with random pipes and machines disappearing on world load. These all stopped when I set these two entries to false in the forge.cfg file. I haven't had any crashes by disabling it.

Well, it does exactly what it says. The results can be very unpredictable - your server could core dump on the exception, or entities that should be interacting could stop and throw their own errors which might have strange effects (all of which are probably bad). It really depends on the bugged entity in question more than anything else so there's no pat answer about this. I dunno, I guess I would actually do something like try to see if I could log the errors first so that I could try to figure out what's happening and if there's a reliable way to reproduce it.

Reactions: An0nymuS

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I can't use the conjuration catalyst to duplicate redstone (only shows the option to make mana powder). Bug or feature?
As it turns out, you found an overlooked bug. The script which removes the alchemy exchange between glowstone and redstone was a bit overzealous and was removing every mana pool recipe that produced either glowstone or redstone. I've now forcibly added these recipes back for the next version.

Reactions: An0nymuS and netmc

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it does exactly what it says. The results can be very unpredictable - your server could core dump on the exception, or entities that should be interacting could stop and throw their own errors which might have strange effects (all of which are probably bad). It really depends on the bugged entity in question more than anything else so there's no pat answer about this. I dunno, I guess I would actually do something like try to see if I could log the errors first so that I could try to figure out what's happening and if there's a reliable way to reproduce it.

My seed oil production system which used the auto crafters and hoppers to convert pumpkins, carrots and melons to seeds suddenly stopped working. I checked it, and found that one of the auto crafters was missing. After fixing that, another time, one of the vanilla hoppers disappeared. I have even had a buildcraft pipe go missing.. My guess is that all of these were actively doing something when I shut down the world, and on world load, they were in an invalid state, so forge removed them. Since turning those settings off, I haven't had a single issue with tile entities disappearing from my world, nor have I had any crashes.

I have used those forge settings many times to recover a world that crashes on load, but never had a pack where those settings were on by default.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
The emerald pipe filters don't work correctly only on tanks/blocks from Mariculture only unfortunately. I talked to Asie about this quite a while ago and it was determined it was a bug on Mariculture's side, and that isn't getting updated any time soon. The filters do work fine on any other tank though.
Funnily enough the entagloporter didn't need its recipe to be tweaked, as it's default recipe consists entirely of existing components from mek itself that already had tweaked recipes.
AlexIIL may have found the cause, and left a bug (/w suggested code change) to the Mariculture Github.
In the meantime, titanium will create just fine in a Tinker's Smeltery (which you need around for Cobalt, Ardite and 'Many anyway).

@MadTinkerer - I do have the focus (on the transmutative staff reward - may switch to the Elven one), but not done anything with runic shielding yet. Looking into it now, thanks.

O

OneSharpAce

I believe I have found a bug and not sure if it has been reported. I however have acadamycraft ores generating in my world.