[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
New subject: I'm having trouble with the Gaia Guardian because I'm on an older laptop that struggles to run the game (and yes I have Fastcraft and I'm fighting well away from my base). I've had the difficulty on Easy since the Wither., I've got full enchanted Elementum and a Starcaller, I've got health, regen and strength potions and Purified Milk but I can't avoid the purple or keep up with the teleporting and I haven't gotten it further than half-dead before potions run out and I've had to bail (I have a Nether infusion with the bat power which is basically jetpack flight).

One thought I had was trapping a witch and using a vampiric popet on her - negative effects put on you get transferred to her, IIRC.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
New subject: I'm having trouble with the Gaia Guardian because I'm on an older laptop that struggles to run the game (and yes I have Fastcraft and I'm fighting well away from my base). I've had the difficulty on Easy since the Wither., I've got full enchanted Elementum and a Starcaller, I've got health, regen and strength potions and Purified Milk but I can't avoid the purple or keep up with the teleporting and I haven't gotten it further than half-dead before potions run out and I've had to bail (I have a Nether infusion with the bat power which is basically jetpack flight).

One thought I had was trapping a witch and using a vampiric popet on her - negative effects put on you get transferred to her, IIRC.
I believe it was called the "Infernal Wand Core". Completely eliminates the wither effect, you might take a tick or two. You just need to keep the wand made with it in your inventory. (don't think it needed to be in your hotbar.)

My usual setup has been a rank 9 werewolf, with an amulet of invisibility or amulet of regeneration (tainted blood pendant). Works amazingly well. If you add in the wolf bracers (forgot name) you can boost your damage a bit as well.

Currently starting fresh, have only just hit nature seeds, so I can't remember the exact names.

Absorption flask, strength flask, Invisibility flask (optional, just makes all mobs ignore you and easy to kill when summoned).

Reactions: Sungak

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019

First off, do not use Elementum Armor, use full enchanted Terrasteel for the full regen regardless of health. Secondly look into the botania healing flowers and set them up under the fight area so they are one block below your feet. This way you get the healing effects still, OR you can just create multiple Beacons outside of the fight area and you will get the effects from those (just out of curiosity i tried this on my last map, it made an otherwise already easy Gaia II fight even more of a joke).

As a side note for the wither, just get your warded focus from Thaumcraft and ward a box just bigger then the wither itself (makes the fight about 5 seconds with a properly enchanted weapon).

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Just to be clear, you are using the right catalyst ? (there are two from what i remember)

The Alchemy Catalyst is yellow/goldish (and requires brewing stands to make). The Conjuration Catalyst is greenish, and requires an Alchemy Catalyst to make.

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
I did actually get it down before reading replies; I browsed elsewhere for ideas and figured out the regen flower + tainted blood Resistance pendant + Talisman of Nourishment + figuring out that the bat infusion could be used to jump and flutter *over* the danger areas. I'm still going to have to do Gaia 2 though.

I believe it was called the "Infernal Wand Core". Completely eliminates the wither effect, you might take a tick or two. You just need to keep the wand made with it in your inventory. (don't think it needed to be in your hotbar.)

My usual setup has been a rank 9 werewolf, with an amulet of invisibility or amulet of regeneration (tainted blood pendant). Works amazingly well. If you add in the wolf bracers (forgot name) you can boost your damage a bit as well.

Will into the core. I looked at the wolf bracers but I'm not sure how to get wolf pelts.

First off, do not use Elementum Armor, use full enchanted Terrasteel for the full regen regardless of health. (...)

As a side note for the wither, just get your warded focus from Thaumcraft and ward a box just bigger then the wither itself (makes the fight about 5 seconds with a properly enchanted weapon).

Yeah, warded focus is on my todo list but I'll need to kill another wither the old fashioned way for the nether star for that.

Just to be clear, you are using the right catalyst ? (there are two from what i remember)

Yes, I have one of each and I can duplicate other items with it.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
I did actually get it down before reading replies; I browsed elsewhere for ideas and figured out the regen flower + tainted blood Resistance pendant + Talisman of Nourishment + figuring out that the bat infusion could be used to jump and flutter *over* the danger areas. I'm still going to have to do Gaia 2 though.

Will into the core. I looked at the wolf bracers but I'm not sure how to get wolf pelts.

Yeah, warded focus is on my todo list but I'll need to kill another wither the old fashioned way for the nether star for that.

Yes, I have one of each and I can duplicate other items with it.

Wolf pelts drop from regular wolves.

The reason I suggest werewolf in wolfman form is you have natural armor, magic resistance, and extra health/damage. Level 9 (quest system with the altar) allows you to rend armor.
In wolfman/wolf forms you cannot wear armor, but your natural armor is very good.
Lycanthropy - Witchery Site Look into the abilities/changes as wolfman. Your only real weakness gained is to silver, which no mobs use.
If you wear a ring of magnetism, or have a magnet in inventory you will automatically grab your armor when you shift, as well as anything you drop from your hand. You can hold the moon amulet to avoid dropping things and it will not take damage when attacking.

I can second the Terrasteel being much better than the Elementium armor. Constant health regen, ignoring food level is very helpful.

Reactions: Sungak

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019

The Gaia guardian has become really buff since the first time I played Botania over a year ago. My personal way of killing him easily is to wear either Terrasteel armor, or Thaumium Fortress Armor with lots of runic shielding (gives me something like 30-40 hearts). For a weapon I just use a staff with fully upgraded shock focus and 1 level of chain lightning. The fight is super short. Just a lot of **ZAP** and guardian or his summons explode.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so I happened to see the discussion on wolf bracers etc for the Guardian, and decided to give that a try (as I had the pelts for both the bracers and the cloak).

That's made Gaia I pretty easy (when combined with Strength II from Magic Crops, Regen II from pendant and an Infernal wand), but for Gaia II I'm still getting killed off at phase 2. That version's attacks are primarily ranged, and I'm getting knocked all over the place since I'm unable to use the Terrasteel armor in wolfman form. Plus he attacks so often the extra hearts from Werewolf don't get a chance to be added in.

I'm checking on a solution to the knockback issue now (probably a different belt, I remember Botania having one), but can you add runic shielding to the bracers and cloak? I am considering swapping in at least one shield ring, possibly two, in order to counter the large number of smaller attacks; this also gives a secondary purpose for the wand. I also have a shocking number of nether stars (for me anyway), so may also try the extra beacon thing.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
I have no played around much with witchery, but if you can still wear rings while in werewolf form (the website provided above was non specific) there is the botania ring that allows you to hit further away. Also if you are able to hold stuff, the Rod of the Unstable Reservoir is perfect for dealing with all the spawns once the Gaia Guradian goes immune.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Is it safe to manually update to Mekanism 9 ? Will it break scripts ?
It won't break scripts, but a lot of the new stuff won't show up in NEI, and all the new stuff will have default recipes. I've updated to it in my dev instance, and actually gave a prerelease copy of the update to someone, though I haven't quite got everything done for it yet. Probably looking to enlist a few more people to help test the update though.

Reactions: Waisse

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to collect a library of all the enchantments (Books). I'm having trouble with a couple. Is there any awesome mod i'm missing in this pack that will either automate this or even give me a specific enchant?

Thanks!

Crazy-San

Jul 29, 2019
Have shears been disabled in some way for Agricraft? I can't seem to get them to work. I'm trying to get cactus and I just get the cactus green. Is there something special I have to do? I've tried both right and left clicking both with and without shift.

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
Have shears been disabled in some way for Agricraft? I can't seem to get them to work. I'm trying to get cactus and I just get the cactus green. Is there something special I have to do? I've tried both right and left clicking both with and without shift.

Are they fully mutated? Shears give 50% of product as the alternate item. So if you were only supposed to get 1 cactus green, you wont get any cactus.

My 10/10/10 cactus seeds give me 4 cactus greens by hand, or 2 cactus by shears. If you still have 1/1/1 or unidentified seeds, get them upgraded first.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to collect a library of all the enchantments (Books). I'm having trouble with a couple. Is there any awesome mod i'm missing in this pack that will either automate this or even give me a specific enchant?

Thanks!
Well Bibliocraft allows you to duplicate books, and you can combine two of the same on an anvil to upgrade them. So if you're missing a level but have a lower one, there's that.

Other than that I can't really think of anything. Maybe you could enchant an enchanted book with Thaumcraft's infusion enchanting, and wipe the original off with the spellbinding cloth. Enchanting a normal book doesn't turn it into an "enchanted book" it just places the enchant on it like you would a sword/armor.

Crazy-San

Jul 29, 2019
Are they fully mutated? Shears give 50% of product as the alternate item. So if you were only supposed to get 1 cactus green, you wont get any cactus.

My 10/10/10 cactus seeds give me 4 cactus greens by hand, or 2 cactus by shears. If you still have 1/1/1 or unidentified seeds, get them upgraded first.

All 10/10/10

Edit: Also can't get any flowers or any other shear only things.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
All 10/10/10

Edit: Also can't get any flowers or any other shear only things.
I Just tested a 10/10/10 poppy with manasteel shears and got 2 poppy out of it. So I'm not sure what's going on with your end there. Are you using the most recent version?

Crazy-San

Jul 29, 2019
I Just tested a 10/10/10 poppy with manasteel shears and got 2 poppy out of it. So I'm not sure what's going on with your end there. Are you using the most recent version?

Yes, I have updated Agricraft though because the version in the pack wasn't dropping snowballs from snowbells