[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I ran into a little "problem" this evening with my automated sprinkler system.. I have it hooked up to a switch and have it turned off. All of a sudden, the sprinklers turned on even though I hadn't changed anything. I looked at the control levers and all of them are off. I checked the actual valves themselves, and they were turned off as well. It was just then that I remembered I was in a middle of a thunderstorm and it was "raining", and the tanks were collecting the rain water. lol. :oops::p

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
My Steam boiler blew up :/

How many water pumps are necessary for continuous steam production in a full-size high pressure solid fuel boiler?

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019

How many water pumps are necessary for continuous steam production in a full-size high pressure solid fuel boiler?

Depends on how you power it. Max power on a pump (I believe 10MJ in old BC power, I think that's 100RF) will draw 20 buckets of water/second. Not sure if you can put a pump directly next to a boiler and have it auto output to that. Piping might be an issue, but drawing water shouldn't be.

You also might want to look at the everfull urns. It's probably more compact to place them underneath your boiler.

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on how you power it. Max power on a pump (I believe 10MJ in old BC power, I think that's 100RF) will draw 20 buckets of water/second. Not sure if you can put a pump directly next to a boiler and have it auto output to that.

I had a singular pump underneath, and it auto-output. I also had it connected to my power system., so it should have been continuously powered

Typing this, I now realise that it probably was the switch over to mekanism power wires that resulted in the explosion, since there's compatibility problems between BC power and Mekanism power.

I haven't got much into Witchery, and therefore Thaumcraft, yet. What kind of setup do I need for witchery?

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I had a singular pump underneath, and it auto-output. I also had it connected to my power system., so it should have been continuously powered

Typing this, I now realise that it probably was the switch over to mekanism power wires that resulted in the explosion, since there's compatibility problems between BC power and Mekanism power.

I haven't got much into Witchery, and therefore Thaumcraft, yet. What kind of setup do I need for witchery?
For the early stuff? An altar surrounded by a fairly large area of plants, trees, long grass etc. A witchery cauldron. Rowan, hawthorn, and alder saplings/wood. A witches oven and 3 fume funnels. Snowbell, mandrake, wolvesbane, and garlic.

That should enable you to progress to making the item you need to get into Thaumcraft.

Treefyd seeds. IIRC they are toward the upper right on the witchery page in the quest book.

You may need to set up the ritual circle to charge attuned stones... I forget.

BTW. I feed my full size HP boiler using a single everfull urn attached to the firebox via an emerald fluid pipe and powered with a single autarchic gate. Seems to keep up fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: L0neGamer

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
If ya don't mind, I'd like to see your setup? This would be my first time with witchery, so I'd not want to get it wrong lol
I'm not sure my a pic of my setup would help. Since witchery is based on nature, my setup is buried in a rather dense forest and is pretty hard to see. That said, I'll see if I can get a pic tonight.

Also, the Witchery books are very good, and you can find what you need for this ritual in the rituals and circles book. When you unlock the HQM quest for it, I believe it points you at the exact page in the book for it. And, if you get the ritual wrong, it just won't work... So no ill effects. It wont even waste the ingredients.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019

Recently i had two separate steam boilers explode on me. Both had pumps attached directly to them with power being fed off one of the 8 steam engines attached to said boilers. For some reason the pumps just stopped outputting, i noticed this also on my water tank i was using for feeding water to my botania and thaumcraft areas (before i got the everfull urn).

I had to break the pump and replace to get it to start pumping again, but it would just stop again some time later. Honestly i have stopped using pump's long term. Started using the Urns where ever possible.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I can't remember, is the Mekanism pump available? I remember that being quite good in my kitchen-sink pack.
I believe it is.... But frankly I try to avoid most of the Mek stuff. It just seems to keep breaking and causing all sorts of wierd issues for me. That said, I am about to start putting together a reactor, fuel production, and large scale energy storage because other than Mek this pack has no options. Hopefully I dont get repeats of the issues I had with the logistical transporters.

Also, I highly suggest teching in the magic mods as quickly as possible in this pack. In most cases they offer better alternatives than the tech mods for many of the same tasks, and often ways to do things you simply couldn't do with the tech mods alone. They also provide ways that greatly speed up your development, like Agricarnations and the Rod of shifting crusts, grant flight, speed up the growth of animals, allow automated mob frams, etc.

I just find that when I focus on getting access to all the magic mods as quickly as possible, everything else is easier.

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
You also might want to look at the everfull urns. It's probably more compact to place them underneath your boiler.

I thougt the Everfull Urn was in Thaumic Tinkerer? (It was part of Thaumcraft 2 but Azanor never added it in 3+) If it is available, I want it so very much as I've got so many water-requiring kettles, cauldrons, etc that are in places not condusive to running pipes.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I thougt the Everfull Urn was in Thaumic Tinkerer? (It was part of Thaumcraft 2 but Azanor never added it in 3+) If it is available, I want it so very much as I've got so many water-requiring kettles, cauldrons, etc that are in places not condusive to running pipes.
It is available but I believe it only does the "magic filling" with the petal apothocary, crucible, and vanilla cauldron.

All other blocks must be connected to via pipes. (Kettles, witches cauldrons, etc.)

Last edited:

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
It is available but I believe it only does the "magic filling" with the petal apothocary, crucible, and vanilla cauldron.

All other blocks must be connected to via pipes. (Kettles, witches cauldrons, etc.)

Bucket/bottle fill source is still fine. Where is it in the Thaumanomicon?

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
If ya don't mind, I'd like to see your setup? This would be my first time with witchery, so I'd not want to get it wrong lol

Ok, here ya go:
Witchery.jpg

Here is my main witchery setup. Witches Oven and fume funnels on the left, Altar on the right, items on the altar all improve it and are detailed in the quest book. (Except for the player head, for those that don't know, that is Vazkii's head, the author of Botania. FYI 16 pink petals in the apothecary and its yours. Player heads give a big altar bonus.) As you can see the area is overgrown. In Witchery, more "nature" = more altar power.

Cauldron.jpg

Here is my witches cauldron. For low tier stuff it doesn't need to be near your altar, but for higher it does, so plan for that. It also needs fire under it, so try to find a place for it that it won't spread fires.

ritual.jpg

Here is my circle for charging attuned stones. The center (gold) glyph needs to be within 14 blocks or so of the altar.

Morden

Reactions: netmc and L0neGamer

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I've had machines disappear from my world. Hoppers, auto assemblers... I checked the FTB config settings and found that remove erroring entities and tile entities were both set to true. Is this what is causing the world deletion of the different tile entities?

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, here ya go:
Witchery.jpg

Here is my main witchery setup. Witches Oven and fume funnels on the left, Altar on the right, items on the altar all improve it and are detailed in the quest book. (Except for the player head, for those that don't know, that is Vazkii's head, the author of Botania. FYI 16 pink petals in the apothecary and its yours. Player heads give a big altar bonus.) As you can see the area is overgrown. In Witchery, more "nature" = more altar power.

Cauldron.jpg

Here is my witches cauldron. For low tier stuff it doesn't need to be near your altar, but for higher it does, so plan for that. It also needs fire under it, so try to find a place for it that it won't spread fires.

ritual.jpg
Here is my circle for charging attuned stones. The center (gold) glyph needs to be within 14 blocks or so of the altar.

Morden
A few quick notes.
- You can use chalk circles around your cauldron to reduce power costs. (they are different than the ritual circles, look in the blue witches brews book for crafting, then circles)
- The altar has a range of 16 for distribution (at the same height as the altar, Distance is spherical. Chalk runes count as the block above the one they are placed on), adding the Arthana to the altar increases it to 32. The last placed block of the altar is where the distance is measured from.
- Power gathering for the altar is in a range of 14 blocks, not boosted by the Arthana. (also spherical) If you need more power you can go into the ground and place things.
- You can have multiple ritual circles for various things. You can also have multiple cauldrons. (blue brews book, you can summon a demon using two infernal circles and certain ingredients.)
Effective power reduction with minimal side effects (short slowness, etc)
Cauldron%20Chalk%20Circles.png