[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
What is a good method for putting items into pipes? I am still early to mid game. I have redstone, and almost to diamonds.. Still working on the charcoal. For my small little automated farm, I am using a drum of the wild and a hopperhock, but my wooden engines can't keep up with the growth rate of the farm. I have even attached two engines to the chest, and I still end up with more in the chest than I can extract and pipe to my sorting system.
More than one pipe on the chest is probably your best bet at this point.

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
greetings,

While editing the OP questbook for the quest Imag-ine a better system, as the book did not accept the constraint metal plate, my son did actived the hardcore mod in the game, now i only have three lives and do not dare to hunt the end dragon now... Is there a way to reset this back to survival mode as the game do not offer that option?

• Download NBT Explorer and install it/run it.
  • Open up your level.dat file
  • Expand the "Data" node, double click "hardcore"
  • Enter 0
  • Save All (modified tags?? I think)

MadTinkerer uses "edit level.dat" It's super effective.

EDIT: Whoa, this is for disabling Minecraft's default hardcore mode. Dunno about HQM sorry. Should keep your world from being deleted though o_O

EDIT: Fooling around a little bit on a test world. I think if you turn off the default minecraft hardcore mode, then make sure the hqm config has enable hardcore set to "false", this might overall fix the issue. If you are running a server you might have to turn hardcore off on the server properties as well.

Last edited:

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
What is a good method for putting items into pipes? I am still early to mid game. I have redstone, and almost to diamonds.. Still working on the charcoal. For my small little automated farm, I am using a drum of the wild and a hopperhock, but my wooden engines can't keep up with the growth rate of the farm. I have even attached two engines to the chest, and I still end up with more in the chest than I can extract and pipe to my sorting system.

If you position your pipes correctly you can put 4 engines on each extraction pipe. 4 can pull quite a fair bit at once, but if you have farms like me that can overpower that, then do what Mordenkainen suggested, make multiple extraction pipes.

Easiest way is =CC=
= extraction pipe
C chest
This way you can put 4 engines on each extraction pipe and they will not interfere with each other.

Another way is to setup your hopperhocks with empty mana pools to restrict the ranges. Then just place them down so there is as little overlap as possible. Then each one should never get overpowered.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
An additional trick is using the "lockers". Think of them as a chest, but the double version is vertical instead of horizontal.

I put a double locker with the top at ground level with a floating hockerhop on top. This means only the hopperhock is "above" ground level. Then because it is a double locker, I can put up to 5 extraction pipes on the bottom locker. (north, south, east, west, down)

Symbolon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm dropping in with a crash report for phoenix's use. I'm pretty sure the cause of the crash is that my comp can barely run the modpack- it requires around 3 gigs of RAM to properly run and generally all I can allow is 2.75 because I have some background apps that are RAM hogs and only 4 gigs of RAM total.

But here's the pastebin so you can peruse at your own leisure: http://pastebin.com/PVerTHAj

BlueDragon_Ned

Jul 29, 2019
greetings,

Thank you, thank you and thank you, it is working normal again, thank you for you simple but effective sollution Mordenkainen, happy that all is fine on your side too seanbrockest.

If any have an idea how to play Academycraft decently, please let me know :)

G

GewoonGio

K3ptWrx.png

Help please.

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
so im playing all day no problem then while trying to gather items to make cobalt seeds the game crashed and will not restart i can however make a new game anyone know how to fix this? i think i loaded the crash report correctly. problem is i dont speak computer so i dont know what im even reading.

Attachments

• crash-2016-05-05_23.56.58-server.txt
    20.3 KB · Views: 66

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion about using the locker. It should give me the space I need when i redesign my collection system. For the moment, I took up lots of room and was able to get 2 extraction pipes and 5 engines. That was enough for the range on 1 drum of the wild and a hopperhock with a mana pool. A 30 second timer on the drum seems to be about right. The farms are irrigated with a sprinkler as well, so it produces lots of stuff. I finally have diamonds, so I was able to set up a single drawer controller and simplify my piping immensely. Now I just need to make some diamond pipes and start routing my overflow.

rjwboys

Jul 29, 2019
so im playing all day no problem then while trying to gather items to make cobalt seeds the game crashed and will not restart i can however make a new game anyone know how to fix this? i think i loaded the crash report correctly. problem is i dont speak computer so i dont know what im even reading.
from the report it seems that a block is causeing an error in the chunk or the chunk is corrupt

Reactions: cravenhydra78

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
For getting a Kobold to mine for you, can you put them in a wooden room, spawn mineable blocks in (i.e. stripes pipe or the botania flower that places blocks) and get koboldite that way?

I've had one tethered to a post going for the better part of an RL day and I've got 8 dust (need 81 for an ingot, I think) and a big ugly hole in the ground to show for it.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
For getting a Kobold to mine for you, can you put them in a wooden room, spawn mineable blocks in (i.e. stripes pipe or the botania flower that places blocks) and get koboldite that way?

I've had one tethered to a post going for the better part of an RL day and I've got 8 dust (need 81 for an ingot, I think) and a big ugly hole in the ground to show for it.

I believe Purple Mentat has a video about doing that. The tricky bit is making sure that they don't end up getting suffocated by the placed blocks.

Reactions: Draconicrose

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I believe Purple Mentat has a video about doing that. The tricky bit is making sure that they don't end up getting suffocated by the placed blocks.
Use a pair of Golems with use cores. They wont place the blocks if the kobold is in the way, preventing any cases of accidental suffocation.

I made a setup with 2 kobolds with diamond picks, and two use core golems in a wooden room.

Both golems are configured to take iron ore from a chest embedded in one wall. One golem is configured to place blocks from left to right and the other from right to left, preventing both golems from getting "locked up" because a kobold was standing in the way.

The chest has a hopperhock under it picking up both the iron ore that the kobolds mine as well as any koboldite dust that is generated.

Because mining iron ore produces iron ore, only a single stack of ore needs to be placed in the chest and will be placed and mined over and over forever. I used iron ore because there have been reports you may be more likely to get dust from ores, and my personal experience seems to back this up. I seemed to get significantly less using cobble.

Just make sure the walls are high enough. Leashes will let the kobolds go further than you would think, and they will dig up almost anything. (This is why the hopperhock is under the chest. The kobolds will mine it otherwise.)

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
do you have any ideas i could try to fix it or am i stuck starting over?
You can move yourself away from the corrupted chunk (if it indeed is a corrupted chunk) via external means (NBTExplorer/MCEdit) and regen the chunk. Sadly this means reverting the chunk to natural state, meaning anything you've done there will be reverted.

Reactions: cravenhydra78

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
You can move yourself away from the corrupted chunk (if it indeed is a corrupted chunk) via external means (NBTExplorer/MCEdit) and regen the chunk. Sadly this means reverting the chunk to natural state, meaning anything you've done there will be reverted.
sounds like a really good idea if i knew what chunk it was or how to do any of what your suggesting lol im not what you call computer savy. also was standing right in the middle of my very small base when it happened and if i lost a chunk it would devastate everything. so i suppose im left with starting over. so my last question would be; did i do something wrong or is my computer screwed to allow this to happen should i expect a repeat or is it just one of those things that come up from time to time? also i have to say thanks for all the help you guys this forum is great.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
did i do something wrong or is my computer screwed to allow this to happen should i expect a repeat or is it just one of those things that come up from time to time?

It is something that just happens from time to time. I have been playing Regrowth since .2, lost maybe 10 worlds to world corruptions, but i have started and played around 50 to 60. These days i do not put everything into one spot, it seems to help considerably. I have not had a world corruption since then (fingers crossed).

ezendiba

Jul 29, 2019
I cant find it trough the search . But it used to be that snow and snowballs could be get from the snowbell seeds. but they only give icy needles now. Is that intended? If so, you can make snowballs aswell by putting the pure daisy next to an edge of the water. (same level). That will make the water change into snow after a bit. It should also be changed in the questbook chapter 8, feeding time: it says you can get snow for the cooling upgrade from the snowbell plant. but thats no longer the case.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
I cant find it trough the search . But it used to be that snow and snowballs could be get from the snowbell seeds. but they only give icy needles now. Is that intended? If so, you can make snowballs aswell by putting the pure daisy next to an edge of the water. (same level). That will make the water change into snow after a bit. It should also be changed in the questbook chapter 8, feeding time: it says you can get snow for the cooling upgrade from the snowbell plant. but thats no longer the case.

This has been addressed several times over the last 5 to 10 pages. It was a bug by agricraft which is fixed in the next version.

Reactions: Draconicrose