[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I'll admit, with great shame (hides her face), I use vein-miner and journeymap, it all looks the same, and I get lost alot :(

Same here.lol With a few extra's as well. However the way everything is gated I still am unable to use them until late game so I feel ok with that.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I would like to see pictures if your able.

http://imgur.com/g4kQYxJ

the two plots with the spirals are for leveling seeds, i described that a few pages back.

Golems will go on the center spots. the hopperhawk drops into an open crate with an obsidian pipe below it. (with air gap or the crate won't work).

obsidian pipe leads to: http://imgur.com/Oh5p6R8

the center diamond pipe sends essences to each branch. the diamond pipe in each branch sends one essence type into each donut pattern crafty crate, when there is 8 a diamond, ores, redstone, ect, falls out. the ceiling is only two blocks thick so the hopperhawk above will pick up what drops out of the crates (also picks up the occasional item that pops when the pipe tries to put more than 8 essence in a crate). Unfiltered items (ie the products from the crates) pass thru the center diamond pipe down thru the floor to the controller of a large storage draw setup. Double duty one the hopperhwak significantly simplifies the piping for essence processing. One branch for each 7x7 is easy to add.

the golems range is actually 9x9 so i end up lining the edges of the fields with essence berry bushes, i just don't have any yet.

Edit: i just to golems in thaumcraft. i'll update agricraft tomorrow. no more chopping trees for charcoal!

Second edit. Looking at the screenshot i messed up my redstone essence it is part into the fire essence's space

Last edited:
Reactions: RehabOholic

creative_username1

Jul 29, 2019
I kind of broke my world, I ate a tainted fruit from forbidden magic and as soon as the debuffs applied, I crashed and I have not been able to get back in. Does anyone know anything I can do to fix this?

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
http://imgur.com/g4kQYxJ

the two plots with the spirals are for leveling seeds, i described that a few pages back.

Golems will go on the center spots. the hopperhawk drops into an open crate with an obsidian pipe below it. (with air gap or the crate won't work).

obsidian pipe leads to: http://imgur.com/Oh5p6R8

the center diamond pipe sends essences to each branch. the diamond pipe in each branch sends one essence type into each donut pattern crafty crate, when there is 8 a diamond, ores, redstone, ect, falls out. the ceiling is only two blocks thick so the hopperhawk above will pick up what drops out of the crates (also picks up the occasional item that pops when the pipe tries to put more than 8 essence in a crate). Unfiltered items (ie the products from the crates) pass thru the center diamond pipe down thru the floor to the controller of a large storage draw setup. Double duty one the hopperhwak significantly simplifies the piping for essence processing. One branch for each 7x7 is easy to add.

the golems range is actually 9x9 so i end up lining the edges of the fields with essence berry bushes, i just don't have any yet.

Edit: i just to golems in thaumcraft. i'll update agricraft tomorrow. no more chopping trees for charcoal!

Second edit. Looking at the screenshot i messed up my redstone essence it is part into the fire essence's space
Actually for people who wish to wait for the update rather then manually updating agricraft, there is an alternative solution to autofarming and autocrafting. Buildcraft adds robots (which seem daunting at first but are actually quite handy). I started yesterday with producing the robots and they are currently servicing my boilers supplying the chain with coal essence. (coal coke and creosote for 720+480 rf/t) all the harvest is picked up by a hopperhock and sent to my autocrafting benches from buildcraft through mekanism pipes.(MUCH easier then buildcraft pipes, but more expensive) The coal is then transported to 14 coke ovens which produce creosote and coalcoke which then get automatically send to buffers which lead to the boilers. Ill post a pic in a few minutes, currently on my phone

edit:
jaNd6Na.png

Rbk3UD6.png

SueIbCq.png

lhcT5q1.png

http://imgur.com/a/4haaE

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One_M8 met Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Actually for people who wish to wait for the update rather then manually updating agricraft, there is an alternative solution to autofarming and autocrafting. Buildcraft adds robots (which seem daunting at first but are actually quite handy). I started yesterday with producing the robots and they are currently servicing my boilers supplying the chain with coal essence. (coal coke and creosote for 720+480 rf/t) all the harvest is picked up by a hopperhock and sent to my autocrafting benches from buildcraft through mekanism pipes.(MUCH easier then buildcraft pipes, but more expensive) The coal is then transported to 14 coke ovens which produce creosote and coalcoke which then get automatically send to buffers which lead to the boilers. Ill post a pic in a few minutes, currently on my phone

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One_M8 met Tapatalk

Robots are a good alternative to the golems that i hadn't considered.
For the donut essence recipes i find the crafty crate far simpler to set up and use than the auto workbench. They can be made to be faster as well. The biggest buildcraft headache is items popping out of pipes but having the entire works inside the range of the hopperhawk removes that since it will just put items back in. Storage drawer controller handles sorting for the bulk storage and plays very nice with both AE2 and botania corporea sparks.

I find the advantages of being able to set up essence processing relatively early to be considerable. I'll have to give the mechanism pipes another shot tho. Last world i was invested enough into BC that it never seemed worth it to change once i got to being able to make them.

The second phase of my system will be using corporea sparks to deliver items where they need to be. Quick trip to the end with only an enderchest and a stack of bottles removes the need to kill the dragon before setting that up. One chest and a spark every 10 blocks is faster to set up than any piping net work and easier to hide and adjust.

Corporea's biggest drawback is that it is only takes things out of inventories. Putting stuff back in central storage will likely be by way of magic mirrors. Or i will get over the whole "giant central storage" idea and store things near where they are made and use sparks to pull them to their place of use as needed.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I kind of broke my world, I ate a tainted fruit from forbidden magic and as soon as the debuffs applied, I crashed and I have not been able to get back in. Does anyone know anything I can do to fix this?
Back up your save. then go into the original and delete the "playerdata" folder. Or everything in it. not for sure which. Going to lose a lot of data this way. Might be able to keep the world though.
If you have a recent backup of the save you can backup this save. The restore the previous backup.
Might be something you can do in configs to temp disable that effect too. Not for sure.

Unata

Jul 29, 2019
Since the update (I delayed a bit) I can't shift-click items into the bags (from Bagginses), Anyone know if I can edit some config or something to allow it? worked fine in the earlier version.

Korenn

Jul 29, 2019
First off, thanks for the great modpack!

I'm playing with a group of friends on a new game we just started last night (using 0.8.2) and it was all working swimmingly.
Then suddenly all clients crash at the same time, and on reload they crash a couple of seconds after game entry. Resetting player data did nothing, but we did notice that the game was okay until we walked from spawn to our base area, then immediate crash. The crash is just a permanent screen freeze, no errors in the log. It's client side too, the server has no issue (other than the clients that keep timing out after they crash ;) ).

It would appear we had something occur in a chunk near our base that causes instant client-side crash on load. help?

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
First off, thanks for the great modpack!

I'm playing with a group of friends on a new game we just started last night (using 0.8.2) and it was all working swimmingly.
Then suddenly all clients crash at the same time, and on reload they crash a couple of seconds after game entry. Resetting player data did nothing, but we did notice that the game was okay until we walked from spawn to our base area, then immediate crash. The crash is just a permanent screen freeze, no errors in the log. It's client side too, the server has no issue (other than the clients that keep timing out after they crash ;) ).

It would appear we had something occur in a chunk near our base that causes instant client-side crash on load. help?
Make a back up of the world.
Go through what everyone was doing when the game crashed.
If anything was placed in the world it might be possible to recover the world in MCedit. Might be possible to recover it that way either way actually. I only know of this one fix. I have had to do it multiple times in different modpacks. It is a pain for me. I can never remember how MCedit works. Basically you load the world in MCedit. You find and delete whatever block was causing the problem. You save the world. Then try using it again and see if it helped any. I have yet to destroy a world this way. Still the backup should keep that from happening.

creative_username1

Jul 29, 2019
Back up your save. then go into the original and delete the "playerdata" folder. Or everything in it. not for sure which. Going to lose a lot of data this way. Might be able to keep the world though.
If you have a recent backup of the save you can backup this save. The restore the previous backup.
Might be something you can do in configs to temp disable that effect too. Not for sure.
I tired both of those steps and didn't get it to work, and I'm pretty sure there aren't any config settings to outright disable potion effects. Thanks anyway, though.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I tired both of those steps and didn't get it to work, and I'm pretty sure there aren't any config settings to outright disable potion effects. Thanks anyway, though.
Been researching this. Seems like the single player character might still be stored in level.dat and that it overides the other player dat files in single player. It seems Mojang hasn't gotten around to making the server and client two separate things. I thought they did it years ago. If they did the it still needs completing.

I think there are two possible solutions to this, well OK there may be 3.

#1:
If you know the seed that was used to make the world and the other world settings that were set then this might work. Create another world with the exact same parameters and seed as the first one. Copy its level.dat to your old world. Start the world up and see if it worked.

OK, maybe there is only one. You might be able to move it over to a server and play it that way. Without the seed though there would be chunk issues. Like sudden changes in terrain between the explored and unexplored areas. Guess I will go look for a way to find a seed without getting into the save. Be back later. Possibly. Maybe. I don't know.

Edit:
I donn't actually know if the above will even work. Still if you need to know your seed. There are two programs I have found so far. The easiest one to use, and the one I have used before is MCedit. I don't know about the 2.0 version. In the 1.0 version you open the level.dat of the world. from within MCedit. It will load it. First chance you get try pressing CTRL. + I . This should bring up the world information which will show you the seed. If it doesn't go to the far left word "MCedit" and look for the word "world info". Click on that and it should show you the seed.

Or use Chunky. You will need to select a minecraft install directory for it. For some reason. Then select the save folder your save is in. The select your save. It will show you the world infor then. Including the seed.

Both these tools are reference on the minecraft forums in the "minecraft tools" section. On Curse.

Last edited:

mellamokb

Jul 29, 2019
i'm playing on the pack but i have a problem : I can't craft the carpenter !!! please help me !!!

I'm having the exact same problem. I put 6 bronze and sturdy casing in crafting bench, and there is no output. How do I fix it? This is on the latest version of the pack (0.8.2)

EDIT: Nvm, I figured it out . derp. I'm using 32x32 faithfulpack texture and for some reason, glass is invisible :S

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
What's required to unlock Thaumcraft quests ?
Lessee if I get this right..
- How do I get started with Thaumcraft?
An Arcanist reputation of 60 is need to start Thaumcraft, but you're going to need an Arcanist reputation of 85 before you can get most of the quests. This can be done by completing Witchery quests in Chapter 10, one of which is also a requirement for opening up many of the Thaumcraft quests. Look out for the Thaumonomicon quest in Chapter 4. You'll also need to have held an iron ingot, a gold ingot and shard essence.

creative_username1

Jul 29, 2019
Been researching this. Seems like the single player character might still be stored in level.dat and that it overides the other player dat files in single player. It seems Mojang hasn't gotten around to making the server and client two separate things. I thought they did it years ago. If they did the it still needs completing.

I think there are two possible solutions to this, well OK there may be 3.

#1:
If you know the seed that was used to make the world and the other world settings that were set then this might work. Create another world with the exact same parameters and seed as the first one. Copy its level.dat to your old world. Start the world up and see if it worked.

OK, maybe there is only one. You might be able to move it over to a server and play it that way. Without the seed though there would be chunk issues. Like sudden changes in terrain between the explored and unexplored areas. Guess I will go look for a way to find a seed without getting into the save. Be back later. Possibly. Maybe. I don't know.

Edit:
I donn't actually know if the above will even work. Still if you need to know your seed. There are two programs I have found so far. The easiest one to use, and the one I have used before is MCedit. I don't know about the 2.0 version. In the 1.0 version you open the level.dat of the world. from within MCedit. It will load it. First chance you get try pressing CTRL. + I . This should bring up the world information which will show you the seed. If it doesn't go to the far left word "MCedit" and look for the word "world info". Click on that and it should show you the seed.

Or use Chunky. You will need to select a minecraft install directory for it. For some reason. Then select the save folder your save is in. The select your save. It will show you the world infor then. Including the seed.

Both these tools are reference on the minecraft forums in the "minecraft tools" section. On Curse.
So that didn't work out, but the result was pretty great; it turned all of the cracked sand into oak tool racks and trees into pumpkins. I got the seed from the recreate world option, so I don't think I'll need MC edit or anything. I can try to figure out the servers, but I couldn't get it to work earlier.
2015-10-15_21.12.49.png
2015-10-15_21.18.40.png
2015-10-15_21.18.57.png