[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
More trees analize in treealyzer + world anchor and loot of flowers to feed butterflies ( and analize butterflies so they start to bread )
They will start breeding if you analyze them? I didn't know that. I'll get them scanned them for sure :)

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Nice idea.
Already in use in the LP of PurpleMentat somewhere and the Toffman is using it in his, too. Alongside with many Lets Players on the Interwebs, particularly on Reddit.
PurpleMentat even showcased a further automated kind of oyster farm including hoppers on the back for sand and on the bottom which are pulling the pearls but not the sand.
You're not the first to discover the troll physics in minecraft :D

Yeah i figured, but i rarely watch LPs or google problems. Plus this setup requires nothing more then wood/clay fired water bucket to get going. :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Yeah i figured, but i rarely watch LPs or google problems. Plus this setup requires nothing more then wood/clay fired water bucket to get going. :)

It's got me considering replacing my tiny little oyster pond. I've got a 'rows of 9' theme going with my crops, except for my cacti and oysters, which are both currently in 3x3 squares for no good reason.

00Astal

Jul 29, 2019
Great work on the pack. I'm enjoying it immensely. So far I've come across 2 problems so far though.

1) I cant get the Garden Trowel from Garden Core to work so I'm unable to complete the quest Green Thumb.
2) One of the crashes I had caused my quest log to reset its self. (wish i was paying more attention so i could let you know which one caused it.)

But in the end still loving the mod.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any easy way to get feathers and wool???
Cotton from Natura is probably the easiest way to get wool, though you could also Botania altar-ize a sheep spawn egg.
I don't know of any way to grow feathers, mostly because I spawned some chickens early on, bred them, then let them wander the wastes, occasionally walking by with a magnetization ring on and throwing all their eggs whenever I picked them up. Since Botania adds a shedding mechanic that causes them to drop feathers at about the same rate they drop eggs, I never even had to kill any.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
easy way to get feathers:
1: have chickens
2: near the chickens, put a hopperhock
3: next to the hopperhock, put a chest
4: on the chest, put an item frame
5: in the item frame, put a feather
6: wait, and your chest will fill with feathers.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Chicken-jockey chickens won't drop eggs, but will drop feathers. Just be sure to kill the little ankle-biter riding it.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
1) I cant get the Garden Trowel from Garden Core to work so I'm unable to complete the quest Green Thumb.

There are actually two different ones, if you make the wrong one it will not trigger the quest. First time thru i made that mistake also. You need to make sure to make the "Garden Trowel" not the "Gardening Trowel."

ChemicalX68

Jul 29, 2019
could like an terrformer be added to start goring again or like since theres no plants u can't breathe like galactic craft where u fill the air tanks up etc and maybe u start out in an small airlock bunker and later on u find ruins with air tanks to go out father

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
could like an terrformer be added to start goring again or like since theres no plants u can't breathe like galactic craft where u fill the air tanks up etc and maybe u start out in an small airlock bunker and later on u find ruins with air tanks to go out father

Don't think that quite fits with TPL's concept here, but that does sound like it would make an interesting HQM.

Pyrocantaes

Jul 29, 2019
For both you need the botania quests..
Having got eggs I built a pen over a 9 hopper arrangement(5 in a cross shape covered with carpet, an 4 uncovered, all feeding into 1 hopper and then a chest). Used my batch of 16 eggs to get 5 chickens. After filling 1 chest with eggs/feathers I now have a void chest on the setup so I don't have to pay any attention to them any more.. They're also 30 blocks underground so I don't have to listen to the insessant clucking.
When creating the spawn eggs you get a second as a reward..
But until you can spawn sheep cotten can be used to create wool..
This is also true for after you get sheep as a significant number of recipes will only work with white wool, which is no use if you have gray, black, or brown sheep.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
i found something strange:
I bet there's lava under there...

I found this undersea oddity yesterday:
2015-05-28_18.25.14.png

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I bet there's lava under there...

I found this undersea oddity yesterday:
View attachment 19798

Not so odd. When the Abyssal Stone rings generate with any sort of irregularity to the floor, air blocks will fill the ring. I have a screen shot of a spider that spawned in one (right before it tried to jump at me, and ended up drowning before it could reach the surface.)

Reactions: MakakPL