[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
Lessee if I get this right..
- How do I get started with Thaumcraft?
An Arcanist reputation of 60 is need to start Thaumcraft, but you're going to need an Arcanist reputation of 85 before you can get most of the quests. This can be done by completing Witchery quests in Chapter 10, one of which is also a requirement for opening up many of the Thaumcraft quests. Look out for the Thaumonomicon quest in Chapter 4. You'll also need to have held an iron ingot, a gold ingot and shard essence.

Thanks. I think I'll start Witchery then.

Ria

Jul 29, 2019
Someone said there was a really good Let's Play of Regrowth. I watched Direwolf20's vids, but I don't think that's the one that was meant. Is there another good one?

Rahsidap

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Ok, I read my post and decided it was reasonably spastic in its delivery, so I scrapped it and am going to try again to see if I can be more coherent.

I haven't read all of the posts to see if this has been reported because this thread is really long, so I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed.

I am attempting to complete the repeatable essence quests requiring the regular essences. The timer for the specific quests I am doing is 5 days (gold essence and blaze essence). When they become available, I have no trouble manually submitting the items and claiming the reward. The trouble is waiting for the reset. I've double checked several times that I am not just getting distracted and missing something. After waiting for the timer to count down, the quest does not open back up for submission. The timer resets back to 5 days, but it acts as if I have already handed in the quest items and I can not submit new items. It will do this in a non-predictable way. Sometimes it works as expected, sometimes it will reset two or three times before actually making submission possible.

Last edited:

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
Someone said there was a really good Let's Play of Regrowth. I watched Direwolf20's vids, but I don't think that's the one that was meant. Is there another good one?

I'd like that too, Direwolf is fine but I'd better watch more advanced let's play of Regrowth, I Have no interest in watching someone struggling with the early grindfest with resources crops.

EDIT : alright, this thread is too quick to respond. Don't mind me.

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
Raetac's LP series is also great, though he takes a 'roleplay' approach to the pack.

Does this pack have any protection against Withering? Am I just blind?

Last edited:
Reactions: DeathOfTime

Kryllyk

Jul 29, 2019
Shameless self promotion coming.
I'm on Episode 40 of my Let's Play and getting into a Hanging Gardens Mega Build and some of the automation.
Here is my First Episode of it.
Here is my latest episode of it (released today).

And of course there is an entire playlist of all 40 episodes here. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcrFan80a3K9M-JHS4FN51-VW6wNlS3o_

Hope you enjoy my style, I am pretty relaxed, but tend to just enjoy the packs I play.

Mr Muggles

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else had any issues with the Eye of the Flugel at all, with the interface for it not showing up? I noticed that it had been labelled as a Botania specific issue a long while ago, but supposedly Vazkii fixed it, so I'm not sure now

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else had any issues with the Eye of the Flugel at all, with the interface for it not showing up? I noticed that it had been labelled as a Botania specific issue a long while ago, but supposedly Vazkii fixed it, so I'm not sure now
Eye of the flugel was changed a while ago. It now only binds one location rather than the twelve it did before, but it also allows extended flight time of the flugel tiara.

Reactions: Yarma92

Mr Muggles

Jul 29, 2019
Eye of the flugel was changed a while ago. It now only binds one location rather than the twelve it did before, but it also allows extended flight time of the flugel tiara.
Oh is that so? Fair enough then. All it seems to be doing at the moment though is sparkling when I hold right click, guess I'll have to look up the actual controls for it in its current form. Doesn't seem very intuitive at least, and Botania documentation is so... sparse :D

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Oh is that so? Fair enough then. All it seems to be doing at the moment though is sparkling when I hold right click, guess I'll have to look up the actual controls for it in its current form. Doesn't seem very intuitive at least, and Botania documentation is so... sparse :D

Need to hold right click for a bit.

Direct from the lexica botania: "Shift-right clicking with this eye somewhere will bind it to that position. After that, holding right click for a while will recall the user back to the aforementioned location.
This teleportation ability not only costs Mana but can not be executed across two different dimensions, sadly enough."

Mr Muggles

Jul 29, 2019
Need to hold right click for a bit.

Direct from the lexica botania: "Shift-right clicking with this eye somewhere will bind it to that position. After that, holding right click for a while will recall the user back to the aforementioned location.
This teleportation ability not only costs Mana but can not be executed across two different dimensions, sadly enough."
Yeah, I found that out myself after a little digging. It was the "shift+right click" part that I was missing out

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
What!?!?!?

Botania is probably the most documented mod!!!

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

Mr Muggles

Jul 29, 2019
What!?!?!?

Internally maybe; The Lexica Botania is a great resource, but there's a lot that it doesn't tell you, and finding out that other information is difficult, because other places document it so poorly

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
Internally maybe; The Lexica Botania is a great resource, but there's a lot that it doesn't tell you, and finding out that other information is difficult, because other places document it so poorly

I'll need specific example to believe you.

lunakm

Jul 29, 2019
If I wanted to update the Agricraft mod manually to correct the golem interaction issue, is that the only mod that would need updating to make that fix or are there other dependencies?

What version of Agricraft first implemented the fix so that I can be sure to get the right one?

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
What!?!?!?

My thoughts as well the only thing Vazkii omits are hard numbers in most cases. I was actually surprised to see the Luminizer range in the lexica.

The new way it lays out multiblock layouts is amazing. She out did herself there.

Also there is a web page with the text of the current (so not the one in regrowth but close) Lexica at http://botaniamod.net/lexicon.php

Now there are fewer third party web guides for Botania than some other mods but part of that is the fact that Lexica does such a good Job. Most things in botania work just like you'd expect from the Lexica.

Guids would be more of a list of tricks. Redstone for flower feeders and such. The complicated parts of botania are mostly limited to things that other mods do easier. Auto crafting, farming quarries and such. Pure botania crafting, quarries and treefarms are out there but mostly just quick proofs of "hey i did the complicated thing Vaz said we could with this" not useful guides.

Reactions: Draconicrose

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
If I wanted to update the Agricraft mod manually to correct the golem interaction issue, is that the only mod that would need updating to make that fix or are there other dependencies?

What version of Agricraft first implemented the fix so that I can be sure to get the right one?

I got the current version from http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/agricraft yesterday golems work hapily. All i did was remove teh old agricraft jar and put the one from the DL at that site in. i changed no other files or mods.

Reactions: Draconicrose