[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Mushrooms will only grow on mycellium now with no light at all. Just confirmed it with both red and brown spores planted with crop sticks on mycellium. This appears to be the same bug that netherwart suffered in .7.
The netherwart bug was actually sunlight, not all light.

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding hydroangeas, has anyone found a good early game solution for their refusal to drink from a infinite water source? Rapid clicking with a bucket is no fun. If we've already discussed this I missed it and can't find it in a search. When I say early game, I mean pre-metal.

EDIT: everything about this question was completely wrong. I'm a very confused individual.

Last edited:

maddyn99

Jul 29, 2019
Making steel is now a PITA - As far as I can tell you cant automate the bloomery furnace. Any attempt to auto feed materials into the furnace bleeds over into the other inventory slots. Not only is slower its much more cumbersome.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding hydroangeas, has anyone found a good early game solution for their refusal to drink from a infinite water source? Rapid clicking with a bucket is no fun. If we've already discussed this I missed it and can't find it in a search. When I say early game, I mean pre-metal.

Wonder why they don't work with an infinite water source now? There is nothing in the Changelog that was, well changed.

Guyiome

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried slabs on the top half for the 2nd block? Doesn't count as full, but won't let mobs spawn. If not slabs, take a saw and cut one in half, maybe that will do it.

Does not work, even with the smallest "microslab" :/
There might be a way to build a secure farm :/

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
Wonder why they don't work with an infinite water source now? There is nothing in the Changelog that was, well changed.

I can't be completely sure on this, since my memory sucks, but iirc vazkii was talking about making that change to hydroangea's function and when it worked one way and not the other I assumed that's been implemented at this point. I have to say, both that and the withering is sort of depressing, they don't feel very passive if a source block has to be manually placed each time. Granted, it's pretty simple to automate once I have higher tier crops, but usually I use the passive flowers to fill my mana needs while creating the early seeds, and watching crops grow is less fun without the promise of mana when I need it.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
I have to ask what is the point of the Hydro then ? If it withers after 5 days AND requires you to manually place a water block, then it has absolutely no use. I have been wondering why they have not been sipping, and now i understand.

If this is correct it needs to be one OR the other, not AND. If it remains the way it is currently there is no reason to use the flower period. It is consuming both the source block to create the mana, and the flower itself because it is passive. Having to manually place a water block is not a passive system. This is no different then a endoflame where you have to feed it. So why does the Hydro wither and the endoflame does not ?

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
I have to ask what is the point of the Hydro then ? If it withers after 5 days AND requires you to manually place a water block, then it has absolutely no use. I have been wondering why they have not been sipping, and now i understand.

If this is correct it needs to be one OR the other, not AND. If it remains the way it is currently there is no reason to use the flower period. It is consuming both the source block to create the mana, and the flower itself because it is passive. Having to manually place a water block is not a passive system. This is no different then a endoflame where you have to feed it. So why does the Hydro wither and the endoflame does not ?
If you want to ask that, it is better to ask the creator of the mod, not the user of it. Also, endoflames need a lot of coal. all you need is just a bit of water and it is fueled forever.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
My hydros pulled fine from a 2x2 source, they certianly made mana from it. They are smart enough to simply not remove the water block if it's a part of an infinite source. Does mean the 2x2 don't dry up and can help with mana (EDIT: and lag).

Last edited:

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
My hydros pulled fine from a 2x2 source, they certianly made mana from it. They are smart enough to simply not remove the water block if it's a part of an infinite source. Does mean the 2x2 don't dry up and can help with mana.

So what you're saying is, I should have actually looked into the change vazkii made instead of going off half cocked based on a memory from a month ago. I have to say, you're not wrong.

I really appreciate the correction.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly have no idea where you're getting that they need each bucket placed manually. They're working perfectly fine with an infinite source for me.
I tried, but it need to be 2 block height or the mushroom seed won't grow :/
I've made them now accept any light level for 0.8.1.
Making steel is now a PITA - As far as I can tell you cant automate the bloomery furnace. Any attempt to auto feed materials into the furnace bleeds over into the other inventory slots. Not only is slower its much more cumbersome.
@jaquadro, is the bloomery furnace intentionally unable to be automated? Looks like piping in from any side will only ever insert into the input slots, making it impossible to automate insertion of fuel.