[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
yes, it stays oak when crafted, and yes, happens to silverwood too.

nope, i dont really mind the un-oredict.
Okay, next could you see if its happening with other non vanilla woods other than the TC ones?

Also, Witchery is now split into two chapters, which should help relieve the fps lag when approaching completion of it.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, next could you see if its happening with other non vanilla woods other than the TC ones?

Also, Witchery is now split into two chapters, which should help relieve the fps lag when approaching completion of it.
seems to affect witchery trees as well. botania, forestry, extra trees, natura all fine.

Warplord

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having the super annoying problem when trying to log in 4 out of 5 times the launcher dies on "Render Global Interface" and I have to restart it over and over and over again..... Anyone know what might help me reduce the times it crashes at that stage?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having the super annoying problem when trying to log in 4 out of 5 times the launcher dies on "Render Global Interface" and I have to restart it over and over and over again..... Anyone know what might help me reduce the times it crashes at that stage?
Posting the crash log might help

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

Warplord

Jul 29, 2019
[11:54:27] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Holder lookups applied
[11:54:27] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Injecting itemstacks
[11:54:27] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Itemstack injection complete
[11:54:28] [Sound Library Loader/INFO] [STDOUT]: [paulscode.sound.SoundSystemLogger:message:69]:
[11:54:28] [Sound Library Loader/INFO] [STDOUT]: [paulscode.sound.SoundSystemLogger:message:69]: Starting up SoundSystem...
[11:54:28] [Thread-18/INFO] [STDOUT]: [paulscode.sound.SoundSystemLogger:message:69]: Initializing LWJGL OpenAL
[11:54:28] [Thread-18/INFO] [STDOUT]: [paulscode.sound.SoundSystemLogger:message:69]: (The LWJGL binding of OpenAL. For more information, see http://www.lwjgl.org)
[11:54:28] [Thread-18/INFO] [STDOUT]: [paulscode.sound.SoundSystemLogger:message:69]: OpenAL initialized.
[11:54:28] [Sound Library Loader/INFO] [STDOUT]: [paulscode.sound.SoundSystemLogger:message:69]:
[11:54:28] [Sound Library Loader/INFO]: Sound engine started

this is where the launcher always stops... doesn't crash but never resumes loading further

Guyiome

Jul 29, 2019
Just a little question...
I saw Millenaire was in the Modpack
I don't really understand why, but... well I don't care :p

It's just that, on singleplayer there is the main Millenaire quest showing, but nothing show up on server.
also Millenaire shortcuts don't seems to do anything on the SMP (village detect and millenaire help)
they work fine on singleplayer.

Did I need to set up something on my SMP or is it normal ?

(I don't specially want Millenaire up, I just want it to be as thephoenixlodge planned it ;) )

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Just a little question...
I saw Millenaire was in the Modpack
I don't really understand why, but... well I don't care :p

It's just that, on singleplayer there is the main Millenaire quest showing, but nothing show up on server.
also Millenaire shortcuts don't seems to do anything on the SMP (village detect and millenaire help)
they work fine on singleplayer.

Did I need to set up something on my SMP or is it normal ?

(I don't specially want Millenaire up, I just want it to be as thephoenixlodge planned it ;) )
The quests for it aren't there yet, but you don't encounter the villages at worldgen - You'll need to craft a village spawn wand.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Having the same issue. Already fiddled with Memory settings and checked/unchecked use instructions for fast computers, to no avail.....
By any chance you added CoFHTweaks to the pack? Sometimes it cause weird issues like you described.
I always had chunk rendering issues with it.

Invernom

Jul 29, 2019
By any chance you added CoFHTweaks to the pack? Sometimes it cause weird issues like you described.
I always had chunk rendering issues with it.

Nope, mods are exactly the ones as per the FTB launcher ( BTW, already deleted everything and downloaded again 2 times )

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, mods are exactly the ones as per the FTB launcher ( BTW, already deleted everything and downloaded again 2 times )
Is it a new world or a previous one? If the later, does it also happen on a new world?

It might be some item that got 'corrupted' when updating to a new mod version... I remember Mekanism having something like this when it was updated from version 5 to version 6 I believe

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Open the add a private pack window and enter Regrowth, then click the remove button. That should remove the 1.7 instance
Thank you kind Sir, that worked a treat (after smacking the FTB launcher between the eyes).

Re: Updating the pack. I tried to update Daybreaker (for the same reason, annoying nag that a mod was out of date) and failed. Edited the client using the launcher, that was fine. Connected to the server and the server had kittens over the mis-matched versions. Went to server, stopped it, renamed old version, copied new version, and restarted server. Server went catatonic and required accupressure (finger applied to power button with moderate force and held for some time). Backed everything out and all is well (although still annoying). I obviously missed something, but this old dragon is a bit nervous about spelunking in the depths of code without a spirit guide. (Machine language, on the other hand...)

Which brings us to: When @thephoenixlodge updates to 0.8.1, what has to change on the server side and how do you do it without wiping the player progress?

YH&OS

P.S. Anyone want a kitten. <grin>

Invernom

Jul 29, 2019
Is it a new world or a previous one? If the later, does it also happen on a new world?

It might be some item that got 'corrupted' when updating to a new mod version... I remember Mekanism having something like this when it was updated from version 5 to version 6 I believe

Is an old world. I just checked by creating a new one and it seems the issue is not present in the new one. So there must have been some item from Mekanism in the old one.
I will switch back to 0.7.x and the world backup, unload the Mekanism module, save and re-import the world in 0.8.0. Hope this works as i really have no idea where to look in-world for items causing the corruption. Thanks a lot for your heads-up: i notice the warning about Mekanism but having not used any item from the module i believes safe to update ....

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Random thoughts for Devs, Modders, and better Java coders than I. Barley seems to have no other use than bread, can we have a way to turn it into beer? Pretty please? Sitting on my veranda, watching the lovely sunsets over the sea and wondering...would it be possible to implement the Green Flash?

YH&OS

Reactions: An0nymuS

Zedrik

Jul 29, 2019
After some testing on the old world that the x-ray vision was happening on, and a new world started in 0.8.0, it seems to be caused by mariculture tanks in the Storage Drawers slots. I've tried the Mekanism portable tank and the Tinkers Construct, both of which render the liquid they contain, but neither one of those causes the x-ray vision when slotted in a Storage Drawers slot.

Reactions: Invernom

Invernom

Jul 29, 2019
After some testing on the old world that the x-ray vision was happening on, and a new world started in 0.8.0, it seems to be caused by mariculture tanks in the Storage Drawers slots. I've tried the Mekanism portable tank and the Tinkers Construct, both of which render the liquid they contain, but neither one of those causes the x-ray vision when slotted in a Storage Drawers slot.

I can confirm Mariculture tanks stored in drawers seem to be the cause. Removing it from drawers in 0.7.4 and updating to 0.8.0 fixed the transparency glitch and some other weird effects with sprinklers.

Piliphar

Jul 29, 2019
so my regrowth crashes when its loading on initilazing cofh core
last line in crash log is :
[16:45:40] [Client thread/TRACE] [CoFHCore/CoFHCore]: Sending event FMLPreInitializationEvent to mod CoFHCore
and then the game stops working
can somebody help me

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
so my regrowth crashes when its loading on initilazing cofh core
last line in crash log is :
[16:45:40] [Client thread/TRACE] [CoFHCore/CoFHCore]: Sending event FMLPreInitializationEvent to mod CoFHCore
and then the game stops working
can somebody help me
99% of the times the crash reason and the last line of the log are not related... So, upload the full log and link it