[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Gentlebeings;

Once again, I humbly seek advice from the collected wisdom of this assembly. I have a couple of vexing issues concerning the game:

1. My FTB launcher has 2 entries for Regrowth, one for 7.4 and one for 8.0. The launcher wants to load from the 7.4 entry unless I manually select the 8.0 one. My question: How do I make one of those entries go away (or change the default to 8.0) so that I don't have to manually select each time I want to play?

2. Botania has started to nag that it is out of date. Already! How do I make it stop this? I am a little reluctant to try changing the version in the pack since I presume that @thephoenixlodge intended the pack to run with the current version and who knows what a new version may (or may not) break. (45 years in the computer/IT industry, oh the nightmares from how badly some minor little change (that wasn't supposed to have anything to do with anything) broke something. Shudder.)

I apologize for the wall of text, and remain,

Your Humble and Obedient Servant,

Yobur Brassbar

Pein

Jul 29, 2019
Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 8.57.08 PM.png

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Yea okay that's new.
Options is the second button from the bottom, could you go in there and fiddle with the video settings? See if anything in there fixes it?
Gentlebeings;

Once again, I humbly seek advice from the collected wisdom of this assembly. I have a couple of vexing issues concerning the game:

1. My FTB launcher has 2 entries for Regrowth, one for 7.4 and one for 8.0. The launcher wants to load from the 7.4 entry unless I manually select the 8.0 one. My question: How do I make one of those entries go away (or change the default to 8.0) so that I don't have to manually select each time I want to play?

2. Botania has started to nag that it is out of date. Already! How do I make it stop this? I am a little reluctant to try changing the version in the pack since I presume that @thephoenixlodge intended the pack to run with the current version and who knows what a new version may (or may not) break. (45 years in the computer/IT industry, oh the nightmares from how badly some minor little change (that wasn't supposed to have anything to do with anything) broke something. Shudder.)

Yobur Brassbar
1. I have no idea what's going on there.
2. Botania is notorious for updating really frequently. The new version is already in my development instance for 0.8.1, but it won't do any harm if you want to install that update manually.

Also, I had a bit of a eureka moment after getting sick of people getting confused by "You Sap" using an oak sapling as its icon, and thinking they specifically needed oak saplings.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
2. Botania has started to nag that it is out of date. Already! How do I make it stop this?
You can disable update checks in the botania.cfg, set:
B:versionChecking.enabled=false

Also, I had a bit of a eureka moment after getting sick of people getting confused by "You Sap" using an oak sapling as its icon, and thinking they specifically needed oak saplings.
Genius! It was frustrating to watch the 'tubers struggle with that. :D

Reactions: Draconicrose

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
@jaquadro, is the bloomery furnace intentionally unable to be automated? Looks like piping in from any side will only ever insert into the input slots, making it impossible to automate insertion of fuel.
I never tried it, so I guess it's a bug. Quick testing shows it will accept fuel (which IS limited to charcoal), but it always checks the fuel slot last for placement.
I'll put a fix together.

Reactions: thephoenixlodge

robert_s12

Jul 29, 2019
Gentlebeings;

Yobur Brassbar
Open the add a private pack window and enter Regrowth, then click the remove button. That should remove the 1.7 instance

DaHui

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having issues completing the Blood Soaked Mail quest. I got the book but its not detecting it, and manual detection is not working either.

Also, is anyone else having issues with upgrades for Enhanced Inventories not upgrading chests? It upgrades the chest for a brief moment and then reverts back to the old level. Only by emptying it and crafting it in a table will it work.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having issues completing the Blood Soaked Mail quest. I got the book but its not detecting it, and manual detection is not working either.

Also, is anyone else having issues with upgrades for Enhanced Inventories not upgrading chests? It upgrades the chest for a brief moment and then reverts back to the old level. Only by emptying it and crafting it in a table will it work.
Blood Soaked Mail is bugged in 0.8.0, as is the sanguimancy book quest that follows it. Already fixed for 0.8.1.
As for the upgrades, you aren't the first person to report this, but I can't seem to reproduce in my dev instance, they're working fine for me. Could you provide a little more info on what's happening, such as what the chests are made of, are they placed as a double chest, what tier they are etc.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, not just you. I've got the same issue.
Out of curiosity, does it actually stay as oak slabs when actually crafted or does it turn into greatwood slabs? And does this occur with silverwood too?
If not, would it bother anyone much if I removed greatwood planks from the planks oredict entry? It would prevent them from having the default to oak slab recipe loading first

DaHui

Jul 29, 2019
Blood Soaked Mail is bugged in 0.8.0, as is the sanguimancy book quest that follows it. Already fixed for 0.8.1.
As for the upgrades, you aren't the first person to report this, but I can't seem to reproduce in my dev instance, they're working fine for me. Could you provide a little more info on what's happening, such as what the chests are made of, are they placed as a double chest, what tier they are etc.

Yea I was the one that originally posted it no one said anything so wasnt sure if it got overlooked... The chest is just single stone chest from 1.7.4 with lime green color. Trying to upgrade it to iron chest using the upgrade system...

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I was the one that originally posted it no one said anything so wasnt sure if it got overlooked... The chest is just single stone chest from 1.7.4 with lime green color. Trying to upgrade it to iron chest using the upgrade system...
Ahhhh, that might be why. There were quite a few changes to enhanced inventories between 0.7.4 and 0.8, and I replaced the quest reward ones with fresh ones just in case. If you can upgrade them in the crafting table at least then I'm not too worried, it just comes down to being a slight incompatibility from the update to the mod.

Edit: I've now added a bunch more quests to the botania quest line too

Last edited:
Reactions: fimbrethil

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
I submitted an update to Garden Stuff. It's been in queue for about an hour, but should show up at some point.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Out of curiosity, does it actually stay as oak slabs when actually crafted or does it turn into greatwood slabs? And does this occur with silverwood too?
If not, would it bother anyone much if I removed greatwood planks from the planks oredict entry? It would prevent them from having the default to oak slab recipe loading first

yes, it stays oak when crafted, and yes, happens to silverwood too.

nope, i dont really mind the un-oredict.