[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if someone might help me considering something about mekanism:
Anyone knows what exactly the "Redstone sensivity" on the pipes does?
(I tried a setup where I use the mechanical pipes for my smeltery to automatically pull out stuff into the caster. I wanted to make it, so I can turn it off with a lever, but I kinda can't get it to work. So I wonder what that setting actually does)

(tried googling for finding an answer but couldn't find one :/ )

[edit]
Ah, and anyone knows a website or so, where it's explained which mariculture-machine actually works with which upgrade?
It's so damn difficult to find any informations about how mariculture works. And most youtube-tutorials are only about very very old versions.

never really cared to use the redstone senstivity, always assumed it worked like you'd expect, but i tried it just now in creative and it seemed broken, just like you're hinting at. Graphically wierd tho... I would set sensitivity on, and then apply a signal (which you would expect to allow items thru), and the pipe would actually respond by graphically cutting itself off, as if to block transfers... but then it would still allow items thru no matter what the redstone was doing. I can tell you that the redstone controls work with the logistical sorter, but at that point you may just want to use buildcraft.

Mechanical pipes, however, do seem to work. They follow the same pattern as the item pipes do - graphically disconnecting when you apply a signal - but in their case, they do actually stop the transfers when that happens.
Both situations were tested with 2 pieces of vanilla redstone pointed at the pipe segment, with a lever on the other end.

As far as mariculture goes, yeah, documentation is a bit lacking. A few of the machines say what upgrades they take if you find their respective entries in one of the mariculture books, but then, others dont. Maybe someone should make a new mod spotlight for it... perhaps I'll try to put something together.

Last edited:

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
never really cared to use the redstone senstivity, always assumed it worked like you'd expect, but i tried it just now in creative and it seemed broken, just like you're hinting at. Graphically wierd tho... I would set sensitivity on, and then apply a signal (which you would expect to allow items thru), and the pipe would actually respond by graphically cutting itself off, as if to block transfers... but then it would still allow items thru no matter what the redstone was doing. I can tell you that the redstone controls work with the logistical sorter, but at that point you may just want to use buildcraft.

Mechanical pipes, however, do seem to work. They follow the same pattern as the item pipes do - graphically disconnecting when you apply a signal - but in their case, they do actually stop the transfers when that happens.
Both situations were tested with 2 pieces of vanilla redstone pointed at the pipe segment, with a lever on the other end.

As far as mariculture goes, yeah, documentation is a bit lacking. A few of the machines say what upgrades they take if you find their respective entries in one of the mariculture books, but then, others dont. Maybe someone should make a new mod spotlight for it... perhaps I'll try to put something together.

Alright, thanks for testing it and telling me what you noticed.
Guess I was focused too much on how thermal dynamic pipes work with a lever (once you have a servo in) so I thought it would be the same with mekanism-pipes.
Guess I stay with the BC-pipe system I set up afterwards... and actually made it to work while playing around with gates :D

And yeah, I tried using the books for getting to know what upgrades can be used where, but it seems the book is kinda outdated, too. Like the Fish Feeder actually 'does' take the speed-upgrades (or that is a bug...) or the incubator takes the purity-upgrade (book says it's limited to certain upgrades, purity was not in the list) to give you a higher chance for actually fish hatching (found that information in a reddit after 30 minutes of trying to google for informations considering fish-breeding and how to get more fishes).
Well I guess, since I don't really 'need' fishes in Regrowth I just make it a "Maybe I will figure it out one day..."-project for now. Especially since I cannot figure out how to get "pure" fishes. Like all my angel-fishes are hybrids and whenever I try to get more by breeding 2 angelfish together, the incubator kinda makes a joke and downgrades me again to one of the fishes that the angelfish was bred from x.x

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
One tip on getting purebreeds (at least, it works with the other breeding mechanics): Let's say that you're breeding Cod and Stingrays to get Damsels (I'm using this because it's the one fish-pair I remember well). You get something that looks like a Damsel, but is listed as a Damsel/Cod. To better your chances of getting a pure Damsel in a later breeding, match that one with a Damsel/Stingray, or a Stingray/Damsel. You may still get some hybrid Damsels, but you won't get back any pure Stingrays or Cod.

Millicent Oak

Jul 29, 2019
I gave up on fish breeding after catching (from what remains in my chests, so discounting those I smelted along the way) 471 fish, of which three were female minnows and none were male minnows, and so far as I could tell, those were the fish I needed to be able to do anything in the wasteland biome. Eventually I got to the stage where I had enough silverwood saplings that I could spam them around my fish tank, and converted the area to magical forest. Then I stuck some other fish in just to get some fish eggs for the quest :p

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I was able to fish up live Cod and Stingrays in the ocean. Both of them were fairly content in the Beach biome, so I got eggs that way. I didn't get into Minnows until later.

Also, if you make a blue bucket hat (Pearl farming), everything you fish up will be male. Pink is for female fish.

Millicent Oak

Jul 29, 2019
I was able to fish up live Cod and Stingrays in the ocean. Both of them were fairly content in the Beach biome, so I got eggs that way. I didn't get into Minnows until later.

Also, if you make a blue bucket hat (Pearl farming), everything you fish up will be male. Pink is for female fish.

Ohhhhhhhhh, now I know XD

Thanks!

Ramjak

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know if this has been posted but don't plant Redwood Saplings (of either 537:5 or 1261) near your witchery altar unless you want a giant tree growing and/or possibly replacing other plants/altar blocks/items and hard work planned out for nothing. I had 20 of each sapling planted 20 of one on the ground, a dirt block directly on top with no spacing (so it "couldn't" grow) and the other 20 on that dirt. One of the 7x7s(1271 7x7 planting pattern) grew which I didn't think would happen (I was thinking you needed to plant 49 of them to grow one of those trees and they were planted in a 1x20 row with dirt on top so I am confused there and not sure it maybe the 4x4 Redwoods(537:5) somehow contributed to that growth. I cleared the first tree jumped down into the ocean and went back under to fix my cactus/vines/ferns and the poof another tree shot up and I suffocated(yay!). Think I might make a witchery spreadsheet on what works for upping your altar power plant wise. I know there is a really good one by https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yYsLU-07vTtWRfWT2QAh070MAnJGzfu4oX4shcl74ys/edit#gid=0 however some of the plants on that spreadsheet don't work/exist in this pack and the amount of some of the plants that give power is a larger number of plants allowed. Also I have hit 32k altar power not that I need that much, I just would like to see how high I am able to take it :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Yeah, the Natura Redwood is sorta notorious. I was mostly aware of its size, and deliberately planted it one sapling a 'safe' distance' away from my farm. It ended up with the trunk actually adjacent to my fence instead of a few blocks away from it. I've hollowed it out and put farm animals in it.

Dread_Boy

Jul 29, 2019
I have trouble progressing because it seems I can't do any of available quests.
I cannot create Liquid fueled boiler since I don't have tituanium
I can't get titanium because I can't mine nether rutile ore because I have only alumite pick
I cannot create void pipe because I don't have redstone (again thaumium)
I can't create strong infusion stone because I don't have essence of experience and seed of experience requires a ton of other essences I don't have
I can't spawn villagers or silverfish because I don't emeralds, and I can't spawn creepers because I don't have essence of creeper

What am I missing?

Shamporo19951989

Jul 29, 2019
I think there is a bug with the spawn chicken. The NEI doens't show an recipe, Does anyone know the recipe ? I totally forgot and strangly i can't find it anywhere.

Shamporo19951989

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get titanium because I can't mine nether rutile ore because I have only alumite pick
I can't create strong infusion stone because I don't have essence of experience and seed of experience requires a ton of other essences I don't have
I can't spawn villagers or silverfish because I don't emeralds, and I can't spawn creepers because I don't have essence of creeper

What am I missing?

Did you already try to make a better pickaxe, I'll say start going up till you have manyullun. Otherwise i can't help you

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Are you referring to the experience bottles? They can be made with 3x3 skeleton soul essences in a crafting grid (or from fishing). The NEI recipe is confusing since any combination of soul essences works. Once you have that, you can use a diamond increase the alumite pickaxe mining level, or use the emeralds for pig iron. You can also go straight to a Terra Shatterer if you use your Botania rewards right.

I think there is a bug with the spawn chicken. The NEI doens't show an recipe, Does anyone know the recipe ? I totally forgot and strangly i can't find it anywhere.
Look under 'Egg' :)

Shamporo19951989

Jul 29, 2019
Are you referring to the experience bottles? They can be made with 3x3 skeleton soul essences in a crafting grid (or from fishing). The NEI recipe is confusing since any combination of soul essences works. Once you have that, you can use a diamond increase the alumite pickaxe mining level, or use the emeralds for pig iron. You can also go straight to a Terra Shatterer if you use your Botania rewards right.

Look under 'Egg' :)

yes, i know that :p But i need feathers -.- And it easier to just have chickens around.

Stuwik

Jul 29, 2019
I finally found what was causing the crashes I experienced when installing the Sphax resource pack. By trial and error I found that it was the textures for Forbidden magic that made the game crash, removing them and using the mod's own textures fixed the issue. Now, the only question is why?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

What am I missing?

How much have you gotten into Witchery?

Ramjak

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the Natura Redwood is sorta notorious. I was mostly aware of its size, and deliberately planted it one sapling a 'safe' distance' away from my farm. It ended up with the trunk actually adjacent to my fence instead of a few blocks away from it. I've hollowed it out and put farm animals in it.
One sapling hatched a ginormous tree? Well then I had been thinking that to counter the tree from growing by planting the 2 saplings to get the extra altar power by spreading them very far apart. I guess I wont since I don't want to have all my plants and things grown through and replaced. So thanks for that info OniyaMCD.

Also to (Rivek?) If your going to do that video I have some information I can toss your way that you may or may not know. Not to volunteer anyone but OniyaMCD could probably give you some info as well. :)

Dread_boy Experience bottles can be fished up. Or grow any of these Essences of (Skeleton, Slime, Spider, Creeper, Wither, Ghast) and put 9(Essence of _________)one essence into each empty space in the crafting grids 3x3 space and get 3 Bottle O' Enchanting
Also toss a diamond on your Alumite Pick. Also Completing the Reclamation Quest(Chapter 5, Bottom Left) give you 24 Nether Osmium Ore/24 Nether Rutile Ore. Rutile is a mining level of Thaumium, which you can get by using a Diamond on a Alumite pickaxe. Might I also suggest adding a Silky Jewel if you don't already have a silk touch book that you can copy legitly(Bibliocraft Printing Press) as far as I know from having watched Purple Mentat. The Silky Jewel work the same a Silk Touch book except it takes up a modifier slot. The silk touch/silky jewel will allow you to mine with out the ores exploding and the agro of the Zombie Pigmen.