[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, in a new botania update, they added "Decay" to some of the flowers. Is this "Decay" being disabled for this modpack?

LunarDarkAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, in a new botania update, they added "Decay" to some of the flowers. Is this "Decay" being disabled for this modpack?
The "Decay" is for all passively generating flowers, aka Dayblooms, Nightshades and Hydroangeas. it makes them disappear after two or three days(or something like that).

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
The "Decay" is for all passively generating flowers, aka Dayblooms, Nightshades and Hydroangeas. it makes them disappear after two or three days(or something like that).

Which would make a number of the mana-gen 'batteries' I've seen useless, which I would assume is Baconus's reason for asking the question. A 10-level Hydroangea stack doesn't do much good if you have to replace 40 Hydroangeas every three MC days.

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
Well, that's Vazkii's design decision, but a) existing installations shouldn't be affected unless you want them to be and b) there's a config option to turn it off. In the new pack I made for SMP with my daughter and my friends, I'm the only one using Botania, so I left it on. I decided I should try running it like that before I complain. I fully expect to hate it and turn it off, but I'm giving it a try.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Well, that's Vazkii's design decision, but a) existing installations shouldn't be affected unless you want them to be and b) there's a config option to turn it off. In the new pack I made for SMP with my daughter and my friends, I'm the only one using Botania, so I left it on. I decided I should try running it like that before I complain. I fully expect to hate it and turn it off, but I'm giving it a try.

Point a) is relevant because many people are considering starting new worlds with 0.8. The question with point b) is whether TPL is going to make Decay=False the default in the config for Regrowth.

As for actually living with it: did a little poking in NEI, and the three mentioned flowers are all created with a simple petal recipe - the Hydros do require Blue and Cyan Mama petals, though. Production of these could possibly be automated, resulting in barrels full of 'replacements' to draw from.

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
I'm seriously thinking of restarting myself, painted myself into a corner as it were

Yep, that's why I've had this world on an extended hold, though discussion about it keeps tempting me to pick it up again. If I went much further, I think I'd feel I needed to start over.

Guerin78

Jul 29, 2019

It'd be more accurate to ask if it's being enabled for this pack; it's off by default. (In fact, that config option is already in the version of Botania used by 0.7.4--if you search the config file for passiveWither.time, it's already there.)

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
It'd be more accurate to ask if it's being enabled for this pack; it's off by default. (In fact, that config option is already in the version of Botania used by 0.7.4--if you search the config file for passiveWither.time, it's already there.)

It's not off by default on newer versions. Per the patch notes for Botania 193:
Hardcore Passive Generation is now enabled by default at 2 days (24000 ticks). This is the config that makes passive flowers decay after some time. Old configs won't be affected, but you should change yours to reflect this, especially if you're a modpack author (please D:).
I guess you could mean that since TPL didn't say there'd be config changes to Botania in the running changelog, we can assume it will use the existing one, which has that off. But because of the request from Vazkii, maybe that change will be put in later. Who knows. :)

Guerin78

Jul 29, 2019
It's not off by default on newer versions. Per the patch notes for Botania 193:
Hardcore Passive Generation is now enabled by default at 2 days (24000 ticks). This is the config that makes passive flowers decay after some time. Old configs won't be affected, but you should change yours to reflect this, especially if you're a modpack author (please D:).

Hm. I must have updated my personal pack (which is currently running 198) from an older version without regenerating the configs.

Still, I don't honestly see it as that big a hardship, at least in Regrowth, where between Skeleton Soul Seeds (and dumping bonemeal into your mana pool for cheap fertilizer), and the Agricraft flowers, you will very, VERY quickly have more Botania petals than you know what to do with. The only tricky part may be keeping up with the demand for seeds; I can't remember if pumpkin seeds work in the petal apothecary or not, but those are generally my go-to for other purposes (like creating the garden soil needed in the early game to get a decent essence farm going)

Reactions: Tairgire

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
The only tricky part may be keeping up with the demand for seeds; I can't remember if pumpkin seeds work in the petal apothecary or not, but those are generally my go-to for other purposes

Pumpkin seeds confirmed.

EDIT: By which I mean that they work.

Last edited:

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
@thephoenixlodge I am not sure if this is with how you made everything use RF or if its in AE2. Despite the storage cells listing their capacity and contents in RF the level emitter has to be set in AE to work right. It's 2 to 1 so it isn't hard to work with but had me frustrated for a bit.

sicariusaf

Jul 29, 2019
When I try to launch the pack it crashes after about 5-10 seconds and the console closes at the same time so I can't work out what the problem is. I've tried re-installing the pack but that won't work either, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, sicariusaf.

EDIT: I've managed to look at the console but that doesn't show any problems, it just seems as if minecraft randomly closes

Last edited:

cestislife

Jul 29, 2019
When I try to launch the pack it crashes after about 5-10 seconds and the console closes at the same time so I can't work out what the problem is. I've tried re-installing the pack but that won't work either, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, sicariusaf.

EDIT: I've managed to look at the console but that doesn't show any problems, it just seems as if minecraft randomly closes

Perhaps you could post the log here and we'll have a look at it. Setting it to "debug" instead of "minimal" may show more information.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019

Also, are you running a 32 or 64 bit OS?

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Trisscar - 64 bit
Cestis - that shows more, but I don't really know what it means link here http://pastebin.com/4Dsed894
One of the dependencies is corrupt:
Code:
[15:24:59] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: Zip file scala-library-2.11.1.jar failed to read properly, it will be ignored
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
Since this library is not part of the modpack, it doesn't get downloaded when you update the pack. Really, any of your newer packs should fail to launch at this point. If you delete this file, it should re-download it when you launch. You can find it under <FTB Launcher Directory>/libraries/scala-lang/scala-library/2.11.1

Reactions: OniyaMCD