[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

kasbarak

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I made different chisel.... and I have the same trouble with them all.. when I try to use one, it looks like I want to eat the chisel, same animation.... an idea ?

Yutang

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I made different chisel.... and I have the same trouble with them all.. when I try to use one, it looks like I want to eat the chisel, same animation.... an idea ?
That will be the tinkers construct chisel. The eating animation is normal and to chisel a placed block you want to hold right click on the block, causing the animation and when its finished the block will be changed to a chiseled variant.
It is recommended to use the tinkers construct chisel in a crafting table as it is quicker. Also I think most TCon chiseled blocks can be made with the Chisel 2 chisel tool (1 stick and 1 flint).

Yutang

Jul 29, 2019
I found that disabling VSync had more impact than OptiFine when I has having similar issues.
Thanks i tried that as per your sugestion but that seems to make it worse for me as the spikes are more noticeable and the screen tears like mad.
I did some googling and played with my settings a bit more: 1) Reducing my overgenerous ram allocation did nothing. 2) Turning off optimization arguments did nothing. 3)Turning down render distance etc... did nothing. 4) Turning off smooth lighting fixed it.
So apparently it was Minecraft's lighting system giving me grief.
Now I have to choose between nice lighting and smooth playing. :(

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks i tried that as per your sugestion but that seems to make it worse for me as the spikes are more noticeable and the screen tears like mad.
I did some googling and played with my settings a bit more: 1) Reducing my overgenerous ram allocation did nothing. 2) Turning off optimization arguments did nothing. 3)Turning down render distance etc... did nothing. 4) Turning off smooth lighting fixed it.
So apparently it was Minecraft's lighting system giving me grief.
Now I have to choose between nice lighting and smooth playing. :(
Did you try uninstalling Optifine? I installed Optifine a while ago and it messed up so much stuff I got rid of it straight away for a much better game experience.

firereaction

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone help me? My game keeps crashing like 2 minutes into playing, giving me an error: "A fatal error has ocurred: this connection is terminated" and If I start the world again it says 3 modifications were stuck, and that mekanism.zs is null

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Can anyone help me? My game keeps crashing like 2 minutes into playing, giving me an error: "A fatal error has ocurred: this connection is terminated" and If I start the world again it says 3 modifications were stuck, and that mekanism.zs is null

It would really help if you could upload the crash-log to pastebin and link it in.

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
So I've recently discovered the Library in Enchiridion 2. It has my three most used books (quest book, thaumanomicon, lexica botania) but it's missing quite a few. It has 1 from Mariculture (isn't it supposed to have them all..?) and 1 from Tinker's Construct. All of Witchery's seem to be there at first glance. I've crafted the missing books, read them and have them on bookshelves. But they don't show up in Enchiridion's library. Additionally, trying to access the agricultural journal from this interface crashes the client.

Edit:I can only seem to craft bibliocraft items as oak (and third party plugin woods). Is this intended?
Strike that. I was trying to make a birch case with red lining. It accepted white wool so I'm going to guess the issue with wool is still in effect.

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
So I've recently discovered the Library in Enchiridion 2. It has my three most used books (quest book, thaumanomicon, lexica botania) but it's missing quite a few. It has 1 from Mariculture (isn't it supposed to have them all..?) and 1 from Tinker's Construct. All of Witchery's seem to be there at first glance. I've crafted the missing books, read them and have them on bookshelves. But they don't show up in Enchiridion's library. Additionally, trying to access the agricultural journal from this interface crashes the client.

Edit:I can only seem to craft bibliocraft items as oak (and third party plugin woods). Is this intended?
Strike that. I was trying to make a birch case with red lining. It accepted white wool so I'm going to guess the issue with wool is still in effect.
The way I have it set up is so that books are added to it as they are obtained. Problem lies with Ench2 being unable to detect books being dumpe straight into your inventory such as is done by Mariculture and Tinkers. Lexica Botania is detected upon opening it, and updates in the library to include Alfheim knowledge when you first open one with that knowledge. Thaumonomicon shows up because you craft it in world then pick it up, and in fact, any books that aren't showing up that you've got should get added if you drop them on the ground then pick them up. Witchery's books are all added when you craft them.

Also, Bibliocraft added 'Framed' variants to each piece of furniture a while ago, which lets you skin them with any block.

Yutang

Jul 29, 2019
Did you try uninstalling Optifine? I installed Optifine a while ago and it messed up so much stuff I got rid of it straight away for a much better game experience.
Nope made no difference. I tried every combination of with/without optifine and texture packs but nothing seemed to make any difference to the spikes apart from turning off smooth lighting.

[Update] Turns out turning off smooth lighting only reduces the spikes instead of solving the problem. Updating Java, driver etc. hasn't helped either.

[Update2] I have narrowed the cause of the spikes to be when there is a block update in an area with lots of crop sticks which explains why I get this lag in my crop tower but not when im elsewhere say mining for sand underground or working at my smaller area where I raise my plants up to 10 10 10.

Last edited:

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
[Update2] I have narrowed the cause of the spikes to be when there is a block update in an area with lots of crop sticks which explains why I get this lag in my crop tower but not when im elsewhere say mining for sand underground or working at my smaller area where I raise my plants up to 10 10 10.

This is just a wild stab in the dark, but do you coincidentally have a lot of sprinklers in your area with a lot of crop sticks? IIRC, there was some discussion around their particle effects hampering performance when stacking; maybe try lowering particles and see how that works?

Yutang

Jul 29, 2019
This is just a wild stab in the dark, but do you coincidentally have a lot of sprinklers in your area with a lot of crop sticks? IIRC, there was some discussion around their particle effects hampering performance when stacking; maybe try lowering particles and see how that works?
I only have one sprinkler going which is in the small area where i breed up my plants.
I did try removing all of my crop sticks and found out that the spikes were largely reduced but still present. Its strange though because i cant remember having this problem on my first time playing this pack quite a while ago.

nailfor

Jul 29, 2019
where can i find attuned bee? This bee "can be found in Deep Hive", but they only appear in Plain biomes. I can do a change biome, but World gen don't remake chunks...

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
where can i find attuned bee? This bee "can be found in Deep Hive", but they only appear in Plain biomes. I can do a change biome, but World gen don't remake chunks...

I've been pondering this too. There's a Witchery thing called 'Rite of Nature's Power' that 'releases nature on a barren area' that I was considering.

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
I've been pondering this too. There's a Witchery thing called 'Rite of Nature's Power' that 'releases nature on a barren area' that I was considering.

I don't know if there is a recipe for the deep hive or if the attuned bees can be obtained via breeding in this pack, but even by changing the biome, wouldn't you need to have those chunks re-generated for the hives to spawn?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
They cannot be obtained by breeding or recipe as far as I have been able to find. There are three hives that don't show up in the 'Alchemy Catalyst' sequence: Deep, Oblivion, and Infernal. I know that the Oblivion hives are out there, and I'm guessing that the Infernal hives are, by extension. I'm not sure what the mechanics are for the Rite of Nature's Power (it could do something code-wise to re-generate something?), so that was one possibility I was looking at.

Another thing that occurred to me is that certain materials are available in the Spirit Realm that don't spawn in the Overworld (grout, and apparently ores are available). I've been considering this as an avenue for Apatite Ore, but it strikes me that the 'parallel' nature of the Spirit World could also extend to biomes. Change an area to Plains that you haven't explored in the Spirit World, and then nap on over?

On a somewhat separate note, I've discovered that Furtive Combs (5116:7) are so furtive that they don't even show up in NEI, but do show up in my Apiary. Hoping that this doesn't cause some sort of issue when I go to centrifuge them.

Reactions: An0nymuS

LunarDarkAngel

Jul 29, 2019
The thing with Attuned bees is that they only spawn (very rarely) in large clusters of redstone ore. unless that still exsists in the spirit world or the pack creator changed it, they won't spawn.
On another note, this pack is awesome!

Reactions: OniyaMCD