[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

kalmondo

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the howling will be fixed when the next update comes out. I'd just grin and bear it until then.

Do we have an ETA on that, because if its not tonight, I might take McFrugals suggestion. These walls are not that thick, and my room mate sleeps on the other side of this wall. And that random howl is way too loud at times...

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
ETA's won't be given.
Simply because "it's done when it's done" and no person other than @thephoenixlodge has power over @thephoenixlodge and can force him to work quicker. Unpaid.
And by the way, if someone would say things like "release will be tonight" and it's not users will get upset. Just how it is.
And another side note "tonight" would be a very unprecise time to do something. In asia the day is nearly done, europe awakens from slumber and 'murica is in the middle of the night.

I configed direwolf and wither cat to 'false' myself because of the obnoxiously loud, in broad daylight spawning direwolves.

Nitro Poison

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so I can't seem to find any clues in the thread about a question that has risen to me:
are there any substitutes for infinite water generation like the Thermal Expansion Aqueous Accumulator/ Extra Utils Transfer Node that are fast and possibly tech related?
(I believe BC pump still shreds oceans?)
any help would be appreciated, I don't feel like making 20 railcraft water collectors, just to get a decent amount of water generation that can be piped.
EDIT: I can't correctly rewrite sentences

Mekanism pumps will drink any water block is connected if the correct circunstances are met (tick lag so it takes longer on refill the source block) everfull urn is fancy and compact but its pretty endgame in this pack due to the TC gating, and the BC pump will NOT drink any source block if connected to a 3*3 water pool, so the onky thing it is slower but safer for those boilers.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
well, I am pretty end game right now, I just researched the everfull urn last night, then realized that my TC setup was nothing more than a cauldron and the 2 tables, and I suppose I need to get silverwood before being able to get essentia distillation? Guess I'm off to do some magical crops grinding today :p

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
It is possible but kinda complex unmodded.

Wither killing device.
We can swap the septuple compressed cobblestone with any block we like and ward it via thaumcraft. Or warded glass from thaumcraft to see the wither dying ;)
We can swap the placers with normal dispensers and droppers as botania improves these suckers.
We can swap the redstone alloy wire with automagy redcrystals.
We can swap the timer with automagy magical hourglass.
We can swap the vacuum chest with botania hopperhock.
We can automate the filling of the dispensers with red string from botania.
We can autocraft TNT with multiple solutions including botania, buildcraft, automagy.

Without mod as said the player needs to find a bedrock structure with a 2x1 hole and the wiring is far more spacious/complex.

As shown in this design the drop can be wider than one block. That spawner has a dependancy on a mod we don't have in the modpack though, so killing with that method is not possible on a server. But it is possible to combine both wither killers ;)

Sadly, after testing the setup you've suggested, it appears that dispensers will not place skulls or sand at all, they'll simply drop as items. Anyone know of a different way to do this?

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly, after testing the setup you've suggested, it appears that dispensers will not place skulls or sand at all, they'll simply drop as items. Anyone know of a different way to do this?

I wanna say that use golems that are bottlenecked by a fetter or similar device can be substituted for the dispensers, but that would require either complex timing or being able to supply the golems with just enough to make one Wither at a time. As for the dispensers, I think they do work like that, but only in 1.8 and above, if I recall correctly; either way, they don't work like that in 1.7, obviously.

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
well, I am pretty end game right now, I just researched the everfull urn last night, then realized that my TC setup was nothing more than a cauldron and the 2 tables, and I suppose I need to get silverwood before being able to get essentia distillation? Guess I'm off to do some magical crops grinding today :p
Yup. You need alchemy to start infusing, you need silverwood to start alchemising and you need to reach extreme essence to craft a silverwood sapling. To reach extreme essence you need to craft rutile seeds. To craft rutile seeds you need to mine the nether for rutile ore. To mine rutile ore you need to have a better pick (steel level if I'm not mistaken) ...

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Yup. You need alchemy to start infusing, you need silverwood to start alchemising and you need to reach extreme essence to craft a silverwood sapling. To reach extreme essence you need to craft rutile seeds. To craft rutile seeds you need to mine the nether for rutile ore. To mine rutile ore you need to have a better pick (steel level if I'm not mistaken) ...
well, I have rutile already, just not the seeds, and I didn't realize that rutile essence was a requirement in the crafting recipe of the extreme infusion stone, I know creeper & spider essence are, which are the only ones I still have to make (if I'm not mistaken)

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I wanna say that use golems that are bottlenecked by a fetter or similar device can be substituted for the dispensers, but that would require either complex timing or being able to supply the golems with just enough to make one Wither at a time. As for the dispensers, I think they do work like that, but only in 1.8 and above, if I recall correctly; either way, they don't work like that in 1.7, obviously.
there is a botania flower that allows you to place blocks that you drop on it on blocks of colored wool nearby, you can then combine that with a redstone mana spreader+bore lens and possibly the relay, it's a complicated setup, but I believe it would work. (I saw direwolf20 do this last server play series to get automated livingwood/rock using almost only botania)
EDIT: the flower is the Rannuncarpus, direwolf20 video:
EDIT2: I don't know how well it handles placing it's own color of wool, but it's worth testing

Last edited:

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
there is a botania flower that allows you to place blocks that you drop on it on blocks of colored wool nearby, you can then combine that with a redstone mana spreader+bore lens and possibly the relay, it's a complicated setup, but I believe it would work. (I saw direwolf20 do this last server play series to get automated livingwood/rock using almost only botania)
EDIT2: I don't know how well it handles placing it's own color of wool, but it's worth testing
I've actually tried automating wither spawning with a Rannuncarpus before and became extremely frustrated. You need to have 3 of them, to start. One set on a block A that places the bottom middle soul sand. Then, disable that one and drop 1 soul sand for one sat on a piece of soul sand. Disable and drop 2 more for one sat on block B. That's just to place the soul sand and would require an insane amount of redstone trickery to get it working in the first place. I don't remember, but I believe I couldn't get them to place the heads. If you can get this working with minimal redstone, I'd love to see it, as I just got frustrated with the whole thing.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I've actually tried automating wither spawning with a Rannuncarpus before and became extremely frustrated. You need to have 3 of them, to start. One set on a block A that places the bottom middle soul sand. Then, disable that one and drop 1 soul sand for one sat on a piece of soul sand. Disable and drop 2 more for one sat on block B. That's just to place the soul sand and would require an insane amount of redstone trickery to get it working in the first place. I don't remember, but I believe I couldn't get them to place the heads. If you can get this working with minimal redstone, I'd love to see it, as I just got frustrated with the whole thing.
what if you were to work from top to bottom, placing a base of wool first to place the skulls (if possible) then using a bore lens to destroy the layer of wool below, and then placing the top layer of soul sand, ending with the bottom block

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019

Indeed, the rannuncarpus would be my first idea (which can place on any block you place below it's dirt btw, it's not limited to wools), but as far as I know that will only place blocks on top of other blocks, not to the sides, which would normally be what is needed to make sure the wither falls.

Otherwise you could possibly use sticky pistons to push and pull blocks into and out of place for the rannuncarpi to use as a platform, but that would require either micro management on the player's part, or some very well timed redstone, which would need to be sllllooooowww to make sure nothing screwed up. This would also be large and hard to keep from being blown up by the wither if something stopped it from falling.

And as TFA mentions above, it's possible that the ranni doesn't work with skulls at all, which would make sense since they aren't exactly normal blocks. They can't be placed on glass, they have several different positions in which they can be set, and they can't be placed on each other either.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, the rannuncarpus would be my first idea (which can place on any block you place below it's dirt btw, it's not limited to wools), but as far as I know that will only place blocks on top of other blocks, not to the sides, which would normally be what is needed to make sure the wither falls.

Otherwise you could possibly use sticky pistons to push and pull blocks into and out of place for the rannuncarpi to use as a platform, but that would require either micro management on the player's part, or some very well timed redstone, which would need to be sllllooooowww to make sure nothing screwed up. This would also be large and hard to keep from being blown up by the wither if something stopped it from falling.

And as TFA mentions above, it's possible that the ranni doesn't work with skulls at all, which would make sense since they aren't exactly normal blocks. They can't be placed on glass, they have several different positions in which they can be set, and they can't be placed on each other either.
I'm going to test the skulls in creative right now, but the fact that you can't place on the side doesn't really matter if you can use a redstone mana spreader with a bore lens, and yes it might need a lot of micro redstone/redcrystal setup, but once it's done, it should be garantueed to work, which is why we are trying to get it automated in the first place.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to test the skulls in creative right now, but the fact that you can't place on the side doesn't really matter if you can use a redstone mana spreader with a bore lens, and yes it might need a lot of micro redstone/redcrystal setup, but once it's done, it should be garantueed to work, which is why we are trying to get it automated in the first place.

Heh, fair enough. Please do post pics if you manage to get it up and running, I may try a setup myself at some point.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I have seen it being done with AE formation planes (those are enabled right?) and yes I suppose that's really end-game, but it's possible...
EDIT: I didn't find a way to do it with botania, but the skulls can definately be placed with AE2

Last edited:

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Fairly straight-forward to automate summoning the Wither with Witchery.. if the TC warded blocks are just as good as bedrock, anyway. (Seems the Witchery containment spells don't work on the Wither.. :()
Daffomill blows the items into the circle, redstone signal triggers the rite. Now onto how to automate the killing of said Wither..
2015-05-18_06.33.57.png

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Fairly straight-forward to automate summoning the Wither with Witchery.. if the TC warded blocks are just as good as bedrock, anyway. (Seems the Witchery containment spells don't work on the Wither.. :()
Daffomill blows the items into the circle, redstone signal triggers the rite. Now onto how to automate the killing of said Wither..
View attachment 19342
Can confirm that the wither cannot destroy warded glass/blocks and will go after TC golems if they're the nearest entity. Also, Botania's Bellethorne. Extremely cheap and will kill the wither one half heart at a time. :D

Reactions: JustHeyo

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. Since an explosion of TNT will most likely hurt the runes (but I'm not sure) how about some dispensers throwing spash potions of hurting or plain old arrows in the general direction of the wither? Or you could test if the Bellethorne from botania works on bosses ...

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Can confirm that the wither cannot destroy warded glass/blocks and will go after TC golems if they're the nearest entity. Also, Botania's Bellethorne. Extremely cheap and will kill the wither one half heart at a time. :D
Hmm. Since an explosion of TNT will most likely hurt the runes (but I'm not sure) how about some dispensers throwing spash potions of hurting or plain old arrows in the general direction of the wither? Or you could test if the Bellethorne from botania works on bosses ...
TNT does not hurt the Witchery circle.. but the Wither can (occasionally losing the one in the center.. and some on the corners when a Wither bomb slips through the diagonal.. hmmm). Bellethornes work like a charm.. just need a mana supply, wrap a few around the cage. I think the hardest part would be automating the charged attuned stones.
2015-05-18_07.17.31.png
Edit: Tried throwing a Gaia Guardian in there, but turns out he's immune to Bellethornes. :)
Edit 2: Turns out the Wither is stronger than the Lord of Torment.. *ponders other cage matches*
Edit 3: Wither beats on Leonard, but the attacks are ineffective. Leonard does not return fire.

Last edited:
Reactions: JustHeyo