[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
I know i am about 2 pages late to this discussion :oops:, But the sluice works perfectly for creating infinite water. It only requires one bucket of water to start it up, and it comes before the pump if memory serves?

I actually use one Sluice to run my entire sprinkler system (close to 30 sprinklers now spread out, 1 main reserve tank hooked up to the Sluice 24k mb wooden water tank). I use a single valve connected to the tank to turn the system on and off (yes i have other valves for separate branches). When i flip the switch it can drain the reserve tank down to half. But the Sluice will kick on, and refill the reserve tank and keep the entire system running forever.

I use another Sluice to power all my machinery and smelting needs underground, mostly because i was being lazy and did not feel like piping it all the way underground.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
You possibly need to dig out some of that gravel to give the pump some room.

EdIt: Actually this wasn't for rivvest, it was for OniyaMCD!

No gravel to worry about here. And the pump had plenty of space. Once I found the pocket, I'd determined that coming up from the bottom was too hazardous, so I made a nice dry cap above it and cleared my way back down to the source blocks. Apparently you can get effects even if just your feet are in the block (apparently, I breathe with my feet?), so my pump was also a block too high.

Might revisit that cave system later to try to scope out some oreberries, light the place up with mana glass and cart off all the lava.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm mining in the nether (to get ardite and cobalt for the seeds, why oh why can't they just be another "repeatable quest for essence") I come to a dead end (no I don't generally strip-mine), turn around and there's like 4 nitro creepers on the path back to the portal

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I don't really tend to light up the nether as I look for ores, I actually don't bother going to the nether unless there's no other option (if only I had a way of flight...)
also, note to self: don't try to stay in the nether and encounter a firebat while experiencing a strange bug ("bug"report: minecraft gets stuck in a loop of reloading the ResourceManager, sometimes giving me half a second of playtime before freezing again. Additional info: happening in the nether, did not yet go back to the overworld, probably dead now)
off topic: anyone having issues with ftb forums not being online today?
Edit: yep, I'm dead, apperently fireballed by a ghast

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got any tricks for farming owlet wings? For breeding, a Pollidisiac seems sufficient, though I think you have to tame the owls yourself before they will breed. I attempted a wrath cage.. but you can't imprint owls. For killing, I tried golems.. but the owls fight back. Since the golems leave 2 owls alive, they end up getting maimed. I tried using a Dreadthorne.. but after spawning a couple hundred owls, not one of them dropped a wing. I see there's a robot called a butcher, so I'm going to have to check that out. Any other breeding/slaughtering techniques I can try?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got any tricks for farming owlet wings? For breeding, a Pollidisiac seems sufficient, though I think you have to tame the owls yourself before they will breed. I attempted a wrath cage.. but you can't imprint owls. For killing, I tried golems.. but the owls fight back. Since the golems leave 2 owls alive, they end up getting maimed. I tried using a Dreadthorne.. but after spawning a couple hundred owls, not one of them dropped a wing. I see there's a robot called a butcher, so I'm going to have to check that out. Any other breeding/slaughtering techniques I can try?
I think there's a flower that takes things down to half a heart so you can "farm exp". Maybe use that, then hit all the owls once with a looting 3 sword?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
No gravel to worry about here. And the pump had plenty of space. Once I found the pocket, I'd determined that coming up from the bottom was too hazardous, so I made a nice dry cap above it and cleared my way back down to the source blocks. Apparently you can get effects even if just your feet are in the block (apparently, I breathe with my feet?), so my pump was also a block too high.

Might revisit that cave system later to try to scope out some oreberries, light the place up with mana glass and cart off all the lava.

As usual, got mixed up - glad you sorted it.

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
Ftb Launcher has a big memory leak , rgrowth java is 1.6 GB and javaw ( launcher mabe maybe it's because i have a android sdk installed ) 2,4GB + ( shooting down launcher is fixing lag )
After Guardian of Gaia fight i have Dark Node and Eerie biome :

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Ftb Launcher has a big memory leak , rgrowth java is 1.6 GB and javaw ( launcher mabe maybe it's because i have a android sdk installed ) 2,4GB + ( shooting down launcher is fixing lag )

Sounds like a problem I had. Check your log. If it is spamming something about mariculture and/or buildcraft, break all of your wooden and emerald fluid pipes that are connected to any mariculture blocks and then place them back. However, the problem could come back later. Still not exactly sure what triggers this issue.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
I know i am about 2 pages late to this discussion :oops:, But the sluice works perfectly for creating infinite water. It only requires one bucket of water to start it up, and it comes before the pump if memory serves?

I actually use one Sluice to run my entire sprinkler system (close to 30 sprinklers now spread out, 1 main reserve tank hooked up to the Sluice 24k mb wooden water tank). I use a single valve connected to the tank to turn the system on and off (yes i have other valves for separate branches). When i flip the switch it can drain the reserve tank down to half. But the Sluice will kick on, and refill the reserve tank and keep the entire system running forever.

I use another Sluice to power all my machinery and smelting needs underground, mostly because i was being lazy and did not feel like piping it all the way underground.

I too have made heavy use of the sluice for early water production, as it's availability comes earlier in the progression than the BC well (redstone). However, BE VERY CAREFUL. I've learned recently that if you remove the tank that receives the output, it will create pressurized water in the open, and that stuff is NASTY! ALWAYS break the sluice before removing the output tank. You have been warned!

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
I too have made heavy use of the sluice for early water production, as it's availability comes earlier in the progression than the BC well (redstone). However, BE VERY CAREFUL. I've learned recently that if you remove the tank that receives the output, it will create pressurized water in the open, and that stuff is NASTY! ALWAYS break the sluice before removing the output tank. You have been warned!

That's why i only use the one water source. I just pull it up before i mess with the system.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I think you might want to get an Arthana with Looting on it to increase your drop rate, as for automating with that weapon I dont know. Nice to know the Pollidisiac works, that was the one thing that put me off mass farming owls and frogs...the hand feeding

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
So i just got far enough thru Thaumcraft to get golems. I setup two straw golems with harvest cores to auto harvest my essence of coal for my endoflame setup. I am using 3x crafty crates to convert the essence into coal, then 3x crafty crates to convert them into blocks before sending them via bspace barrel to my endoflame setup.

When i afk for more then 2 hours the game will crash, and from i can tell it is the NEI lookup crash (i get the chisel block not found error everytime). Now i used to get this crash when i was using NEI, but i never saw it happen while i was AFK. Does this have something to do with the crafty crates auto-creating the coal and coal blocks ?

Side note, when i was manually harvesting it never crashed on me. It only happens when i am AFK for several hours.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I think you might want to get an Arthana with Looting on it to increase your drop rate, as for automating with that weapon I dont know. Nice to know the Pollidisiac works, that was the one thing that put me off mass farming owls and frogs...the hand feeding
With the owls, definitely need a kill chamber.. those things are vicious when they swarm. Hmm.. maybe I throw a Wither at them....

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get forersty farms to work with crop sticks and magical crops? Whst tubes and circuit board do i need?