[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Yup. You need alchemy to start infusing, you need silverwood to start alchemising and you need to reach extreme essence to craft a silverwood sapling. To reach extreme essence you need to craft rutile seeds. To craft rutile seeds you need to mine the nether for rutile ore. To mine rutile ore you need to have a better pick (steel level if I'm not mistaken) ...

You don't need rutile for the extreme essence.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I haven't found rutile yet, and I have three silverwoods growing. Although I'm probably going to switch over to some nether quests, now that I've gotten thoroughly frustrated with configuring my Natural Gas pump.

Found the gas block, have a tank, a fluid pipe, and an air pump adjacent to the block. I click like a mad-thing to get the pump up to 2000/2000 RF, and nothing. I've tried it with and without the pipe, putting the pump on various sides of the block, even trying various orientations of the pump (since there is a distinct 'front' to it) relative to the source block.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't found rutile yet, and I have three silverwoods growing. Although I'm probably going to switch over to some nether quests, now that I've gotten thoroughly frustrated with configuring my Natural Gas pump.

Found the gas block, have a tank, a fluid pipe, and an air pump adjacent to the block. I click like a mad-thing to get the pump up to 2000/2000 RF, and nothing. I've tried it with and without the pipe, putting the pump on various sides of the block, even trying various orientations of the pump (since there is a distinct 'front' to it) relative to the source block.
I think you may have forgotten the redstone signal it now requires. ;)

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019

It needs a redstone signal, plop a lever down next to it. Don't need a pipe, just tank next to pump. *doh, ninja'd*

kalmondo

Jul 29, 2019
ETA's won't be given.
Simply because "it's done when it's done" and no person other than @thephoenixlodge has power over @thephoenixlodge and can force him to work quicker. Unpaid.
And by the way, if someone would say things like "release will be tonight" and it's not users will get upset. Just how it is.
And another side note "tonight" would be a very unprecise time to do something. In asia the day is nearly done, europe awakens from slumber and 'murica is in the middle of the night.

I configed direwolf and wither cat to 'false' myself because of the obnoxiously loud, in broad daylight spawning direwolves.

Please, don't misunderstand me. I was not pushing for a faster release, I was saying that just ignoring them till the next release was impractical...unless that release is tonight (EST) sorry if I was misunderstood.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
It needs a redstone signal, plop a lever down next to it. Don't need a pipe, just tank next to pump. *doh, ninja'd*
do you have to have full RF in the pump? because I just gave up when I saw nothing happening and I cheated in the bottle #IAdmit

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
Please, don't misunderstand me. I was not pushing for a faster release, I was saying that just ignoring them till the next release was impractical...unless that release is tonight (EST) sorry if I was misunderstood.
No I didn't.
Should have said clearer the first part was a general rule to many other players asking for ETA's of whatever mod/modpack they want. You sounded like one of them initially but that's not the point.
And I agree, ignoring those 'suckers' is impractical.

You don't need rutile for the extreme essence.
Yup, just saw that myself. Strange. I remember having to have a rutile essence on the altar for the infusion stone recipe. Must have tricked my mind somehow oO

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
do you have to have full RF in the pump? because I just gave up when I saw nothing happening and I cheated in the bottle #IAdmit
Nope. A single click on the pump gave me 10 buckets worth. Make sure the pump is in the natural gas pocket?
2015-05-18_11.33.18.png

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
is there some sort of average number of blocks below the gas leak block that the pocket should be? because the only thing I came across while digging down was a lava pit, and it definately didn't give my poison effects...

Reactions: Mindfeak926

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
is there some sort of average number of blocks below the gas leak block that the pocket should be? because the only thing I came across while digging down was a lava pit, and it definately didn't give my poison effects...
Dunno about average, but I've dug down 30-40 blocks before I've hit it before.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Dunno about average, but I've dug down 30-40 blocks before I've hit it before.
guess I didn't dig deep enough :p oh well, it's not like I feel that I have a need for natural gas in my playtrough, it's not gated into anything non-mariculture right?

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
guess I didn't dig deep enough :p oh well, it's not like I feel that I have a need for natural gas in my playtrough, it's not gated into anything non-mariculture right?
I think the quest for the advanced diving gear is a pre-req to unlock another..

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
the one for which you need to make the 2-part compressed air pump? It doesn't state that it unlocks another quest elsewhere...
Yup, I just checked, doesn't lead to any others, and I don't think there's much other use for natural gas.. but that diving gear is a real fun time. :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I'm just going to say that I hate invisible important things. It still took some jockeying around to get things lined up properly, *and* I still had to click like a mad-thing even with the lever on, but it did finally pump. Hopefully that reward pack will supply me for a while. -_-