[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I don't mind BC pipes. Sure they are primitive, but it fits nicely with this pack.

Anyway it's like a throwback to when I first played modded back on ftb ultimate.

Smebb

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to recover my travelling trunk inventory data? The reason I ask is because I had progressed pretty far before going to the Spirit World and I put all of my important stuff in my travelling trunk, then when the nightmares inevitably mauled my face off and I woke back up - she was gone along with my owl, imp and coven witches.

I can understand not being able to take the travelling trunk through with you because you can just take all your items through with you, but I would have expected my trunk to be still there when I came back. Is my trunk gone forever or am I going to have to cheat in the XP(enchants)/items to get them back because there's no way I'm remaking all the stuff I had in there. Not to forget recrafting all the Thaumcraft-type items I carry around in my trunk.

Any help with how to get them back or where entity data is stored would be helpful.

Thanks!

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
It could be a power issue, if you see the contents flash grey you do not have enough power. Each operation, inserting, extracting, crafting all use up a little power.

To remedy this, craft some energy cells to have a buffer of power.

Nope, no flashing. Nor should there be, since I have it energy acceptor'd to a full tier 2 energy cube with advanced cable.

I should also mention that the exact number it will craft before clearing the recipe is 22, every time.

Yup, that was it, thank you very much for the tip! Full apiarist's clothes, here I come! (those Silk Wisps are sooooo slow, even with impregnated frames)

Tip; go look at Thaumcraft's bee magic stuff, some of those frames have interesting effects.... ;)

I am using tropical bees to get the silky combs in a magical (forest?) biome (Botania altar recipe for the Modest hive and then just keep tossing that into a Mana Pool to get the one you want - the tropical one is the first or second "mutation", you can get about 7 or 8 basic hives this way). I took the easy way for changing biome type: silverwood tree with a pure node, since I can't get any witch to speak with me to get them into my coven (I haven't really looked too much into that since I started the tech quests once I was really deep into Witchery - actively avoiding the Spirit world for now).

Coven witches need to register you with your familiar nearby before they'll talk to you. So once you get a owl, toad, or cat and have them possessed by a demon, you'll be good. XD

Reactions: An0nymuS

jamesem23

Jul 29, 2019
Ive watched so many videos about it and I'm loving this pack, doe when i try to send it it says "ERROR! error extracting native libraries" I'm on mac not sure if its about that?

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
All conduits fit in the same blockspace. There's no need to route to three sides of a block that needs energy, produces fluids and items like say an ender quarry. Plus the conduits are perfectly hideable short of WAILA.
That is very easy no matter how you see or argument. :p

Oh I thought you were saying buildcraft was fantastic and easy. You'll get no argument from me that EnderIO does a better job with pipes. :)

I'm saying buildcraft is archaic and clumsy, and playing what pipe do I need to put here so my stuff doesn't spray all over the world, is not what I call fun. Of course YMMV.

The flaws in Buildcraft's piping system is probably the reason why we have mods such as Thermal Expansion and EnderIO. :)

Reactions: RehabOholic

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019

Oooohhhh, thanks very much for the tip with the familiars! I am currently postponing restarting Thaumcraft after a power failure corrupted my data and I had to delete/edit some stuff, but I will be going into *scan ALL THE THINGS* mode soon.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
That's also why valves come in handy if you have a big garden, but only work in small areas at a time. Once seeds get to 10 it really doesn't need faster growth. Over kill is still an option though :p
One day I will setup a bunch of agricarnations, sprinklers, and lamps of growth, whatever the Blood Magic ritual is, and see if it's possible to make them grow instantly. ;)

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
It seems 2 railcraft wooden tanks generated enough water to supply 4 sprinklers.

I was really disappointed with Railcraft wooden tanks being suggested as a water source myself. 2 simple options:
1) Set them up in an Ocean biome, where they will generate WAY more water passively.
2) Use a single sluice to fill your agricraft water tank. my 1 sluice is easily keeping up with 24 sprinklers running 24/7.

Once you get access to redstone you can build a BC pump which works well too.

Reactions: sqitchy

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Yea the tanks are cool, but unless you let them sit FOREVER they are not very efficient.

I found it odd that the only way to generate enough water is to have 2 and let the water flow from one into the other, then into the agricraft tank. Like I mentioned the only way it will work is if you stack them on top of one another, and use 1 wood 1 iron fluid pipe between them transferring water.

Now power is needed which is nice.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
That's also why valves come in handy if you have a big garden, but only work in small areas at a time. Once seeds get to 10 it really doesn't need faster growth. Over kill is still an option though :p

I agree with this, there is so much to do in this pack that while you're doing one other task your garden grows so quickly, that it's almost not worth the effort to try and speed up growth. :)

Reactions: An0nymuS

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
There are actually a few things, Hoppers, RF producing engines, etc. Even thou I added EnderIO I still made and used BC pipes. I still am using them, and am replacing them as I go with conduits. Again, just don't see it. You say that Pneumaticraft adds things that are not in the pack, I can say the same about enderio. It doesn't matter because I don't have any issue with what mod you added just the fact that you dismiss one that someone else has added. I like Pneumaticraft buy the way.
The generators pneumaticraft adds are nothing more than converters. Simply because it is possible to convert energy to pressure and it is possible in real life.
But it is not efficient. Not at all. Producing pressure for the single purpose of producing energy is not a viable option in most cases.
And by 'adding something' I was talking about the door, cannon, helmet, the elevator... The hopper from pneumaticraft is more of an improvement of the vanilla hopper than a new thing.
Now let's recap what EnderIO brings to the table what is not already in the pack.
Energy creation? We have Railcraft, Mariculture, Mekanism, and Buildcraft. Hell even Botania has energy conversion.
Energy storage? Applied Energistics 2, Mekanism, Mariculture and Buildcraft have you covered. Unless you want another one there's nothing new.
Painting of a block? Ever heard of the sagmill from Mariculture which does a similar job? Different painted sides possible.
Inventory sorting? AE2, Buildcraft and Thaumcraft have you covered.
Ore doubling mechanic? Tinkers Construct, Mariculture, Mekanism and Buildcraft has it in varying height.

And lastly solely to not be misunderstood. By 'breaking the pack' I did not mean "I don't like xyz so don't you use it!". EnderIO, Big Reactors and the Computer mods alongside with many less known mods just don't fit the theme of the pack and/or do the same things that are already covered by mods in the pack. Pneumaticraft brings things with it that are not yet covered and is not against the pack theme. Regrowth has AE2 ...

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
The generators pneumaticraft adds are nothing more than converters. Simply because it is possible to convert energy to pressure and it is possible in real life.
But it is not efficient. Not at all. Producing pressure for the single purpose of producing energy is not a viable option in most cases.
And by 'adding something' I was talking about the door, cannon, helmet, the elevator... The hopper from pneumaticraft is more of an improvement of the vanilla hopper than a new thing.
Now let's recap what EnderIO brings to the table what is not already in the pack.
Energy creation? We have Railcraft, Mariculture, Mekanism, and Buildcraft. Hell even Botania has energy conversion.
Energy storage? Applied Energistics 2, Mekanism, Mariculture and Buildcraft have you covered. Unless you want another one there's nothing new.
Painting of a block? Ever heard of the sagmill from Mariculture which does a similar job? Different painted sides possible.
Inventory sorting? AE2, Buildcraft and Thaumcraft have you covered.
Ore doubling mechanic? Tinkers Construct, Mariculture, Mekanism and Buildcraft has it in varying height.

And lastly solely to not be misunderstood. By 'breaking the pack' I did not mean "I don't like xyz so don't you use it!". EnderIO, Big Reactors and the Computer mods alongside with many less known mods just don't fit the theme of the pack and/or do the same things that are already covered by mods in the pack. Pneumaticraft brings things with it that are not yet covered and is not against the pack theme. Regrowth has AE2 ...

You sound like you're taking a difference of opinions mighty personally. And what's more, you're claiming your opinion on what breaks the pack as fact, which is a massive logical fallacy in and of itself. If your justification for Pneumaticraft is that AE2 is in the pack, then that can also reasonably justify EnderIO, Big Reactors, and virtually any other tech mod.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

The engine it adds "Pneumatic EngineThe Pneumatic Engine is like any other BuildCraft engine. But this one runs on compressed air." is the same mechanic as a steam powered engine.lol

Its funny that you list things that are not in the pack for the reason you added pneumaticraft and then tried to say that ender io has little to offer that's already in the pack. I would like to list Ender IO, Staff of Travelling, Travel Anchor, Ender Rail, Experience Obelisk, Experience Rod, Powered Light, Inverted Powered Light, Light, Inverted Light, Quite Clear Glass, Enlightened Clear Glass, Dark Pressure Plate, and Zombie Generator to name a few.

The almighty truth is if you were really complacent with "What this pack is about" as you say you wouldn't have added anything at all:p The only person that can say what the vision is"has the right" is the person who created it. Again, just saying:p

Koraima

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere... but is there an ETA for when the next botania update is going to be added? I'm super excited about magnetic interdiction flower :D

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
So I have a 4x4 low pressure steam boiler feeding a commercial steam engine and a hobbyist steam engine. Its not filling the steam buffers to the max, but they are both to about halfway. The weird thing is they both only seem to be outputting 10RF/t. Are they autothrottling because there isnt enough steam or am I messing something up in the set up. Im pretty sure the Commercial should be able to do about 40RF/t and the Hobbyist 20Rf/t.

Edit:

Looks like a bit of both. I was only connecting 1 pipe to the boiler. I hooked up 4 gold pipes to the boiler and they both jumped up to max.

Last edited:

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
I'm giving up. To argue with two or more persons that are only understanding what they want to understand is pointless at best.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm giving up. To argue with two or more persons that are only understanding what they want to understand is pointless at best.

I only have a tiny amount of contact with either Pneumaticraft or EnderIO. I'm arguing against your logic. The only thing I'm understanding in this whole argument is logic. If you don't want to debate on a logical platform like I am, then you're completely invalidating your side of this. May you have a good day, sir. :D

Reactions: RehabOholic

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
I only have a tiny amount of contact with either Pneumaticraft or EnderIO. I'm arguing against your logic. The only thing I'm understanding in this whole argument is logic. If you don't want to debate on a logical platform like I am, then you're completely invalidating your side of this. May you have a good day, sir. :D
Try understanding what you're reading instead of thinking you understand what you're reading before posting.
Might help.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

I'm not arguing, just a simple conversation:) The truth is you or I can not say what breaks the pack, only what we think can add to it. As a matter of fact since you mentioned pneumaticraft I've been thinking how cool it would be to have drones in this pack. You also need to be willing to see others points as well as I see yours. You said that "The hopper from pneumaticraft is more of an improvement of the vanilla hopper" that it is the same thing for EndeIO pipes? They improve on the BC pipes?

Sorry if you thought I was arguing:( That was not my intention at all. Happy Gaming.