[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Valacar

Jul 29, 2019
I also noticed that it will crash if you accidentally right click on a chest with a cardboard box in your hand. When you go back on the chest is inside the cardboard box. so you can shift-right click to remove the box. So just be cautious of whats in your hand when you click on stuff. I keep forgetting about the cardboard box on my bar and kept clicking my chest with thaumcraft stuff in it to open it.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
The Thaumcraft.cfg world generation { B:generate_structures is also already set to true.

So I think that if I keep exploring, I should be able to find one...

The whole point of this conversation was to determine if I have my config settings correct in order to eventually encounter one.

I was referencing the post from @Desman because I thought that would be a valid smoke test for my config settings, but I think I just ended up proving how little I actually understand about playing modded minecraft :)

Thanks!

I tried that seed again, and it doesn't generate that obelisk this time. I'm guessing they might not be tied to world seeds.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if wooden engines are just bugged in general. After resorting to the Hobbyist's Steam Engine to power my Forestry machines, I got to the Big Daddy quest, where the quest book specifically says that 'three wooden engines' should power the air pump. I made the engines, set them up on three sides of the pump with the blue parts pointing in, flipped the switches to turn them on, and the animation started. Absolutely no Rfs were generated. I let them go until they went green - still nothing. I even tried connecting one engine to the pump with a wooden kinetic pipe and let it go to green. Nada. Finally ended up using the combustion engine, which worked from the minute I powered it up.

I don't particularly mind needing to use the 'bigger engines' (although making the hobbyist steam engine just showed up as a new quest), but I thought that I should mention the issue so that if it is me, I can figure out what I'm doing wrong, and if it's a problem with the engines, it could be dealt with - at the very least by adjusting the quest text.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if wooden engines are just bugged in general. After resorting to the Hobbyist's Steam Engine to power my Forestry machines, I got to the Big Daddy quest, where the quest book specifically says that 'three wooden engines' should power the air pump. I made the engines, set them up on three sides of the pump with the blue parts pointing in, flipped the switches to turn them on, and the animation started. Absolutely no Rfs were generated. I let them go until they went green - still nothing. I even tried connecting one engine to the pump with a wooden kinetic pipe and let it go to green. Nada. Finally ended up using the combustion engine, which worked from the minute I powered it up.

I don't particularly mind needing to use the 'bigger engines' (although making the hobbyist steam engine just showed up as a new quest), but I thought that I should mention the issue so that if it is me, I can figure out what I'm doing wrong, and if it's a problem with the engines, it could be dealt with - at the very least by adjusting the quest text.

Doesn't the air pump need a certain number of air blocks around it to even function?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019

Well, green isn't the highest the redstone engine can go, rather I think a kind of orange red is. Also you can just use a redstone signal for the air pump as far as I know.

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
Well, green isn't the highest the redstone engine can go, rather I think a kind of orange red is. Also you can just use a redstone signal for the air pump as far as I know.
Nah.
I encountered a similar problem earlier. Namely I tried to power the three forestry machines (carpenter, squeezer, centrifuge) with a wooden engine.
The engine was connected via BC pipes so it saw the need to 'step up'. I waited for the engine to go to the red/orange sweetspot with absolutely no power generation.

is the wooden water tank setup from argicraft bugged?

I'm putting water in the tank but its not showing up. I looks empty, but It says it has water in it but the sprinkler is not working.
The water inside the water tank does not seem to render. Nevertheless the tank is working perfectly fine. You should keep in mind the channel does not connect to the bottom of the tank wall, so water enters the channel at the point where the bottom layer of the water tank is ~ 1/4 filled with water.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019

I feel like you're getting two quests mixed together. I'm pretty sure I make no mention of wooden engines in the Big Daddy quest, while I probably do in the quest for the BC pump, which can run off wooden engines. In general though, the only things wooden engines are used for is on pipes - they produce effectively 0 RF/t

Reactions: meritoc

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism Gas-Burner Generators cause a crash whenever I place the block, re-loading shows the block placed & functional in the world but duplicated in your inventory. No work around that I could figure out yet, except delete duped item & take the re-loads on the chin (thank you ssd gods). Not sure if anyone else is having the same problem, I did search around but couldn't find anything.

pastebin

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Finally remembered to post about this. XD
I've been using my simple ME system for quick crafting things by using the Crafting terminal. But often I'll have more than enough resources to craft a full stack of something, but it'll only give me about twenty, and then clear the crafting grid, causing me to need to reset the recipe and shift click the result again, which will only give me about twenty more....

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Finally remembered to post about this. XD
I've been using my simple ME system for quick crafting things by using the Crafting terminal. But often I'll have more than enough resources to craft a full stack of something, but it'll only give me about twenty, and then clear the crafting grid, causing me to need to reset the recipe and shift click the result again, which will only give me about twenty more....
It could be a power issue, if you see the contents flash grey you do not have enough power. Each operation, inserting, extracting, crafting all use up a little power.

To remedy this, craft some energy cells to have a buffer of power.

Wrulfy

Jul 29, 2019
Steps to recreate this crash.

Open game.
Look at ANY item recipe in NEI.
Exit game to menu.
Enter game.
Look at ANY recipe in NEI
Crash...

It's 100% reproducible.

I have a problem pretty similar to this, like 50% of the first recipe I look at nei lends to a crash, even if is just after launching the pack

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I feel like you're getting two quests mixed together. I'm pretty sure I make no mention of wooden engines in the Big Daddy quest, while I probably do in the quest for the BC pump, which can run off wooden engines. In general though, the only things wooden engines are used for is on pipes - they produce effectively 0 RF/t

I went back and checked - I did have the two quests conflated. It's the oil pump that says it can work with 'a few wooden engines'.

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I need help with buildcraft pipes and scanning seeds. Using a chest to wooden pipe to analyzer to wooden pipe to chest, powered by 2 wooden engines my seeds get spit all over the ground while the seed analyzer does it's work. I tried to buffer the input with 5-6 cobblestone pipes but it is still too fast for the analyzer.

How do you set up your early game auto-analyzing?

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I need help with buildcraft pipes and scanning seeds. Using a chest to wooden pipe to analyzer to wooden pipe to chest, powered by 2 wooden engines my seeds get spit all over the ground while the seed analyzer does it's work. I tried to buffer the input with 5-6 cobblestone pipes but it is still too fast for the analyzer.

I just use vanilla hoppers into and out of the scanner once I get iron. Manually until that time. I'm sure you could build a loop into your pipes that would prevent the seeds dropping.

Reactions: Sawney

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019

Vanilla hoppers.

Reactions: Sawney