[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
I've never relied too heavily on golems... but I think I want to give it a try. I'm almost actively avoid AE2 at the moment (and giving my wife a chance to build the power supply and ME system) and trying out different ways to get things done.
Same here. AE is so satisfying and poweful and makes so much sense to me that I always go down that road. Thaumcraft is strange and beautiful - I've always been fascinated with it. This time I'm actually for
you could send the milk buckets to a BC advanced crafting table, and retrieve the empty buckets and the cakes. you will still need the botania setup to refill them, but can do the trick

Also, you can alternatively use a supercrafting frame, enclose a cow, bring a lot of buckets, place the crafting frame in a chest with the eggs, sugar and flour, and set the cake recipe in the frame.
basically spam right click on the cow with the buckets, once you run out of buckets, right click the frame, you can make a bunch of cakes really fast, as the buckets retrieve to stacks of 16 in your inventory. Not automated, but easy for winter runes
I stood next to a cow and used the assembly halo to make cakes. It's pretty easy.

jackcraft57

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone !
First sorry for my english I'm french. ^^
I just write here because I can't understand how to grow food and how to place crops.
Please help me !
Sincerely,
Jack,

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone !
First sorry for my english I'm french. ^^
I just write here because I can't understand how to grow food and how to place crops.
Please help me !
Sincerely,
Jack,

You have to till the land first with the mattock. Then you make crop sticks (2x2 sticks in a crafting grid) and place one down if you want to place a seed down. Put down two stick together and that is how you cross breed plants. You also need to make sure you are using the right soil type as some seeds require different types of base soil. NEI will show you what it needs to be planted on.

Reactions: jackcraft57

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I ran into this recently with aluminium - had stacks of the stuff made in a crucible furnace, but had never actually held the ingot - was confused for a bit because I couldn't get to the rolling machine quest. @thephoenixlodge -- maybe have the quests trigger on the completion of the seed instead of holding the material? I believe you can run into the same situation with shards and lapis - until you've crafted the actual material, there's nothing in the questline that encourages you to do so.

IIRC, he originally had it triggering on the completion of the seed quest, and that was causing a lot of lag. Though detection task of the seed would probably work instead of having to hold ingots or lapis without bringing the lag back.
Correct, I did previously have quests triggering off seed quests and the total number of requirements any one quest could have if it was depending on the tier 3 seeds even was enough to grind the client to a halt with the book open. It also meant that quests wouldn't be available if the player got those resources from the nether. I am intending to tweak some of the resource detections to be the likes of ores rather than ingots though, but as it stands this is the most reliable way of getting the quests to unlock when they should.

jackcraft57

Jul 29, 2019
You have to till the land first with the mattock. Then you make crop sticks (2x2 sticks in a crafting grid) and place one down if you want to place a seed down. Put down two stick together and that is how you cross breed plants. You also need to make sure you are using the right soil type as some seeds require different types of base soil. NEI will show you what it needs to be planted on.
Thank you for the help ! :)

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Correct, I did previously have quests triggering off seed quests and the total number of requirements any one quest could have if it was depending on the tier 3 seeds even was enough to grind the client to a halt with the book open. It also meant that quests wouldn't be available if the player got those resources from the nether. I am intending to tweak some of the resource detections to be the likes of ores rather than ingots though, but as it stands this is the most reliable way of getting the quests to unlock when they should.

If I can throw my two cents in, I'd say maybe have the quests trigger off of the essences, at least for lapis and the shards since those don't really have an ore block or much reason to make one if you follow the questbook.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
If I can throw my two cents in, I'd say maybe have the quests trigger off of the essences, at least for lapis and the shards since those don't really have an ore block or much reason to make one if you follow the questbook.
Shards I do intend to change to trigger off either essence or seed, but lapis does have a nether ore...

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Be sure to make all the books in chapter 4! They are for more than just reference..

Thanks rivvest this was what I was missing. There were a few books I hadn't made yet in Chapter 4 that unlocked the rest of the witchery chain. PHEW! The Witchery quest line then seems to unlock the Thaumcraft questline. All is well. =D

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Shards I do intend to change to trigger off either essence or seed, but lapis does have a nether ore...
See what happens when you give people options! :D I've updated the FAQ with Thaumcraft and Witchery questions, at your leisure, TPL.

- How do I progress in Witchery? Only the first few quests have opened up.
Craft the Witchery books from Chapter 4, this will open up quests at the beginning. You'll also need have held a piece of Lapis Lazuli in your inventory for some of the later quests.

- How do I get started with Thaumcraft?
An Arcanist reputation of 60 is need to start Thaumcraft, but you're going to need an Arcanist reputation of 85 before you can get most of the quests. This can be done by completing Witchery quests in Chapter 10, one of which is also a requirement for opening up many of the Thaumcraft quests. Look out for the Thaumonomicon quest in Chapter 4. You'll also need to have held an iron ingot, a gold ingot and any of the basic shards.

TheClaus

Jul 29, 2019
So since Thursday my friends and I (3 people only on the server) are having issues with connecting. We get login and then it immediately disconnects. I have tried everything I could think of on the server itself(using Java7 instead of Java8), disabling mods we don't use(Mekanism Voice Server), etc... and still having intermittent issues. Here is a pastebin of the server when he tries to login.

http://pastebin.com/Z2FMaigA

Any help would be appreciated

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019

Ahh, I forgot about the nether ore. I was thinking more along the lines of "no intermediary ore between essence and usable product." But yeah, I get what you're doing.

lblackburn

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone please help me by telling me which config setting in which config file needs to be changed in order to get the eldritch obelisks to retro gen.

I have tried editing Thaumcraft.cfg world_regeneration B:structures (changed false to true)
Then restarting the minecraft client
Then I create a world with the seed 7460461476064025775 and fly to the coordinates of -765, 100, 608
I cannot find the obelisk that is supposed to be there based on the post #4031 by @Desman

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone please help me by telling me which config setting in which config file needs to be changed in order to get the eldritch obelisks to retro gen.

I have tried editing Thaumcraft.cfg world_regeneration B:structures (changed false to true)
Then restarting the minecraft client
Then I create a world with the seed 7460461476064025775 and fly to the coordinates of -765, 100, 608
I cannot find the obelisk that is supposed to be there based on the post #4031 by @Desman
I'm not saying this is the problem, but typically "world regeneration" takes place in a world that had previously been generated...

That said, I've not had luck with the regeneration myself.

lblackburn

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not saying this is the problem, but typically "world regeneration" takes place in a world that had previously been generated...

That said, I've not had luck with the regeneration myself.

Well, in any case I am just looking for which config setting to change to get the obelisks to generate in either new or previously generated chunks.

If that does not make any sense, perhaps someone could post a seed and coordinates for a obelisk that was generated the first time on world gen, please?

Last edited:

Eskordok

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys,

just wanted to share my Shade of Leonard Kill in my last video of my Regrowth Series.

I explain everything that I use and how I use it to defeat this guy.

I hope you enjoy:

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Well, in any case I am just looking for which config setting to change to get the obelisks to generate in either new or previously generated chunks.

If that does not make any sense, perhaps someone could post a seed and coordinates for a obelisk that was generated the first time on world gen, please?
As far as I can tell you were using the correct config setting.

Reactions: lblackburn

lblackburn

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I can tell you were using the correct config setting.

The Thaumcraft.cfg world generation { B:generate_structures is also already set to true.

So I think that if I keep exploring, I should be able to find one...

The whole point of this conversation was to determine if I have my config settings correct in order to eventually encounter one.

I was referencing the post from @Desman because I thought that would be a valid smoke test for my config settings, but I think I just ended up proving how little I actually understand about playing modded minecraft :)

Thanks!

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
is the wooden water tank setup from argicraft bugged?

I'm putting water in the tank but its not showing up. I looks empty, but It says it has water in it but the sprinkler is not working.

Mystara

Jul 29, 2019
What I've found out about the NEI crashes.. I did not find any differences between clicking or using 'u'/'r', so I don't think there's anything to do with that.
The crash log shows:
codechicken.nei.PositionedStack.setPermutationToRender(PositionedStack.java:95)
at yuuto.enhancedinventories.compat.nei.RecipeStoneCraftingHandler$CachedStoneCraftingRecipe.getCycledIngredients(RecipeStoneCraftingHandler.java:114)
- When Enhanced Inventories tries to put together the "Inventory Crafting" page from the Wool or Wood blocks, it crashes. This doesn't happen with cobblestone (the other ingredient in the Improved Stone Chest), so I think there's a problem with the way it's putting the list of all the woods/wools together for this screen. Easily replicated by looking at uses for any color of wool or any type of wood planks, and moving to "right" of the assembly tables page. The problem does not happen when looking at that recipe directly, just when it is generated from the wood or wool component. The only way I've found to fix it is to remove the mod. :( Alternatively, don't look at the uses for wool or wood planks. :)

The crash log shows:
appeng.integration.modules.NEIHelpers.NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.java:98)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:327)
This has been explained previously, but for posterity- if you load a world, everything is fine, but when you exit back to the Minecraft Main Menu and load any world again, you will hit the AE2 NEI crash when you look at a recipe you had previously looked at. This seems to be fixed by setting S:NotEnoughItems=OFF in the modIntegration section of the AppliedEnergistics2.cfg (not sure what impact this has - maybe disables shift-click into AE2 crafting interfaces?) Alternatively, reload the client between world loads.
If anyone has other reliable ways to crash via NEI, let us know!

Steps to recreate this crash.

Open game.
Look at ANY item recipe in NEI.
Exit game to menu.
Enter game.
Look at ANY recipe in NEI
Crash...

It's 100% reproducible.