[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone tried automating bees?

I had an idea I tried today before work, but I must have missed something. I tired to pull out of my apiaries using an emerald pipe with a basic gate with an autarchic upgrade set to energy pulse with no redstone signal (basically, always). However, I haven't been able to pull anything out of the apiary from the back, the sides or the bottom (haven't tried the top because I thought that didn't make any sense). It's been a really long time since I've used BC, but does the positioning of the gate on the pipe have any impact on its functionality (last time I used it, it "occupied" all sides of the block with the pipe)? I haven't tried redstone engines since I had to leave. The rest of the setup included apiarist pipes for bee/produce routing, clay pipes for the insertion of bees back into the apiary and gold pipes for transport of extra stuff to the chests. Any input is welcome.

Endless Bladez

Jul 29, 2019
Hey modpack dev I just recently put my server aside due to constantly crashing from enhanced chests bugging out and nei crashes on top of it all. I really love this pack and want to keep playing but currently my server of just 3 people can't stand all the crashes. I am aware of that you know of all these bugs and I was wanting to know when the next alpha version was releasing or when the pack will be in its official state and completely stable.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone tried automating bees?

I had an idea I tried today before work, but I must have missed something. I tired to pull out of my apiaries using an emerald pipe with a basic gate with an autarchic upgrade set to energy pulse with no redstone signal (basically, always). However, I haven't been able to pull anything out of the apiary from the back, the sides or the bottom (haven't tried the top because I thought that didn't make any sense). It's been a really long time since I've used BC, but does the positioning of the gate on the pipe have any impact on its functionality (last time I used it, it "occupied" all sides of the block with the pipe)? I haven't tried redstone engines since I had to leave. The rest of the setup included apiarist pipes for bee/produce routing, clay pipes for the insertion of bees back into the apiary and gold pipes for transport of extra stuff to the chests. Any input is welcome.

Are you sure you have your emerald pipe configured properly? I believe you need to set it to blacklist so it pulls everything out. My understanding of Apiaries is that the side shouldn't matter.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure you have your emerald pipe configured properly? I believe you need to set it to blacklist so it pulls everything out. My understanding of Apiaries is that the side shouldn't matter.

Nope, haven't configured anything on the emerald pipe, though I did take a look and it was set to whitelist, so I think that might've been the issue. I will take a look once I get home. Thanks!

Edit: in hindsight, it makes sense that an empty whitelist would allow nothing to pass, while an empty blacklist would allow anything; think I had a rage moment with "Y U NO WORK?!" and my brain just shutdown.

Last edited:

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, haven't configured anything on the emerald pipe, though I did take a look and it was set to whitelist, so I think that might've been the issue. I will take a look once I get home. Thanks!
I'm going to bet that's your issue. :)

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
I tried putting the Diamond Dolly with snowman spawner reward in a chest. Crash. When I logged back in the spawner was placed on top of the chest. I am assuming it is known.

On an unrelated note, going from Alumite to Manullyn pickaxes...the alumite to pig iron was gated by blood which was ok, and rutile to titanium was gated by having to do the limestone and water for magnesium so it was quick but felt a decent pace. But then once I had titanium it was like bam bam bam, back and forth to the nether 2 times to grab ardite and cobalt in pretty quick succession. I felt like there should have been some kind of gate there to slow it down between ardite and cobalt. More so so it wasnt like, mine, repair pickaxe to full for the loss of 2 - 4 durability i had incurred getting each ore I needed to progress to the next level. But then maybe its throwing a step in for the sake of a step.

In any case, great pack, I've been enjoying the hell out of it and Osmium here i come.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
I'm betting you used /hqm edit to complete most of your quests. I did that in a test world so I could see what unlocked what, and I had way fewer quests available than I should have had. Turns out I needed to hold things to get some quests to unlock.

Nope. I've been playing 100% legit (except the pasture seed I cheated in after 2 full MC days of breaking grass. RNG <> fun). Haven't even needed the HQM OP book yet. (/knocksonwood) I was down to the Wither killing quest and 1 or two quests in the machine section. I think the key is that I avoided making anything outside of the quest path (except maybe botania, love that mod). I play plenty of open sandbox MC, but I play HQM to follow the story and progression path. I was really hoping to get some positive feedback on what the intended direction is. If it's to blindly progress in hopes to unlock future quests, that's fine I'll do it. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something blatantly obvious. I could have opened HQM in edit and "see" what I needed to do next, but that kills all the fun and surprise.

You seem to be forgetting that the pack is a WIP. I can only write quests so fast. Also, witchery is the most covered mod in the pack - as others have said, get yourself some more resources available (especially the tier 3 ones) and the quests will appear.

TPL, no need to get defensive. I didn't forget it's WIP, I know this is in beta. I assumed the witchery and thaumcraft chapters were mostly complete, perhaps that was an invalid assumption. I tried to provide what I thought was constructive criticism. If it was not taken that way I'm really sorry. Really my primary intention was to gain feedback in case I missed something obvious in the quest progression. I'll try harder to just sit back and enjoy the ride. =D

Did I mention, LOVING the pack. Great work!

Reactions: Kmad

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Ok... I think the watch function on the forum is bugging for me, I haven't gotten any notifications about posts on this thread for the last several days.... Is this limited to me, or are other people having an issue here?

Anyway, I can confirm, if it has not been already, that the Botania Ring of Far Reach, while saying that it increases your attack range, does not in fact do so. It DOES increase your block placing range, but you can't hit mobs any further away than you could before.

Also, chisel stairs seem to be having an identity crisis....
http://imgur.com/KwywsSe
Specifically that I made and put down a brick limestone stair with no creeper face, but it was placed as one with the face in the design, and also broke as such.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So I'm running low on quests and kind of confused. I have 3/3 quests completed for Witchery and 2/2 quests completed for Thaumcraft. For the most part, I've only been making what quests lead me through, and I get the feeling I'm going to run out of quests before I get more Witchery/Thaumcraft quests. Am I supposed to be able to get into more Witchery/Thaumcraft just by completing quests, or am I going to have to do some crafting to unlock hidden quests?

Which three quests have you already done in Witchery? I know I've gone through at least 9, proceeding pretty much as you have (not assuming I'll 'need' something not specified) and might be able to tell you what will unlock the next batch.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Ok... I think the watch function on the forum is bugging for me, I haven't gotten any notifications about posts on this thread for the last several days.... Is this limited to me, or are other people having an issue here?

Anyway, I can confirm, if it has not been already, that the Botania Ring of Far Reach, while saying that it increases your attack range, does not in fact do so. It DOES increase your block placing range, but you can't hit mobs any further away than you could before.

Also, chisel stairs seem to be having an identity crisis....
http://imgur.com/KwywsSe
Specifically that I made and put down a brick limestone stair with no creeper face, but it was placed as one with the face in the design, and also broke as such.
Yep, Chisel stairs have had an issue for quite a while now. Easiest work around is to use carpenter's stairs with full chisel blocks. It saves you blocks anyway, with the 6 block to 4 stairs ratio.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously? They're not quests in that they're a task you're asked to do. They're there as logic to determine that you've actually obtained a resource necessary for the quests that require them. Obtain some more resources and the quests will open up quite happily.

I think one problem may be that there are some ways to collect resources that HQM won't detect. The most reliable way seems to be to open your questbook when the material is in your inventory, but sometimes if you just put stuff in chests as soon as you make it, it won't be detected.

I ran into this recently with aluminium - had stacks of the stuff made in a crucible furnace, but had never actually held the ingot - was confused for a bit because I couldn't get to the rolling machine quest. @thephoenixlodge -- maybe have the quests trigger on the completion of the seed instead of holding the material? I believe you can run into the same situation with shards and lapis - until you've crafted the actual material, there's nothing in the questline that encourages you to do so.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Which three quests have you already done in Witchery? I know I've gone through at least 9, proceeding pretty much as you have (not assuming I'll 'need' something not specified) and might be able to tell you what will unlock the next batch.
I'm assuming he's only done the witches oven, fume collector and the polynesia charm, which is the three I've completed and haven't unlocked any further ones.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I'm assuming he's only done the witches oven, fume collector and the polynesia charm, which is the three I've completed and haven't unlocked any further ones.
Be sure to make all the books in chapter 4! They are for more than just reference..

Reactions: An0nymuS

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
I ran into this recently with aluminium - had stacks of the stuff made in a crucible furnace, but had never actually held the ingot - was confused for a bit because I couldn't get to the rolling machine quest. @thephoenixlodge -- maybe have the quests trigger on the completion of the seed instead of holding the material? I believe you can run into the same situation with shards and lapis - until you've crafted the actual material, there's nothing in the questline that encourages you to do so.
IIRC, he originally had it triggering on the completion of the seed quest, and that was causing a lot of lag. Though detection task of the seed would probably work instead of having to hold ingots or lapis without bringing the lag back.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

It happens to me all the time for the last few months. I have to spend an hour to catch up on this thread. The biggest issue I have had with this forum in general is the log in issues. I pick the option to stay logged in, but every time I close my window I have to sign in every time. Even worse when I load this forum it continually refreshes and I have to time it right to stop it so I can sign in.

Wrulfy

Jul 29, 2019
Wanted to setup automated milk for producing cakes. I ended up using vanilla redstone for the first time, Botania, BC pipes, Railcraft liquid loader and unloader just to get the milk from cow to bucket to tank. There must be a simpler way but I either haven't unlocked it or have missed it Loving the pack and the interesting projects it's nudging me towards.
you could send the milk buckets to a BC advanced crafting table, and retrieve the empty buckets and the cakes. you will still need the botania setup to refill them, but can do the trick

Also, you can alternatively use a supercrafting frame, enclose a cow, bring a lot of buckets, place the crafting frame in a chest with the eggs, sugar and flour, and set the cake recipe in the frame.
basically spam right click on the cow with the buckets, once you run out of buckets, right click the frame, you can make a bunch of cakes really fast, as the buckets retrieve to stacks of 16 in your inventory. Not automated, but easy for winter runes

Reactions: Lambda57

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
you could send the milk buckets to a BC advanced crafting table, and retrieve the empty buckets and the cakes. you will still need the botania setup to refill them, but can do the trick

Also, you can alternatively use a supercrafting frame, enclose a cow, bring a lot of buckets, place the crafting frame in a chest with the eggs, sugar and flour, and set the cake recipe in the frame.
basically spam right click on the cow with the buckets, once you run out of buckets, right click the frame, you can make a bunch of cakes really fast, as the buckets retrieve to stacks of 16 in your inventory. Not automated, but easy for winter runes
Now this is genius, its got me wondering if we could do something like this with storage drawers....