[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
After going through the buildcraft pipes quests in the quest book I have a Tier 2 bag full of different pipes. Why Buildcraft! Why must you have so many pipes! Stop the Pipe madness! :)
A Tier 2 Bagginses Bag should not be enough for every pipe.
Buildcraft has:
10 types of 'normal' pipes.
7 types of waterproof pipes.
7 types of kinetic pipes.
Plus technically structual pipes and pipe wires.
Add the 14 types of gates and you should struggle with 2 tier 2 bags :p

But it's refreshing having to refrain from EnderIO cabeling the whole of my base ;)

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, that was it, thank you very much for the tip! Full apiarist's clothes, here I come! (those Silk Wisps are sooooo slow, even with impregnated frames)
Just out of curiosity what biome did you do your breeding to get silky producing bees?

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I need help with buildcraft pipes and scanning seeds. Using a chest to wooden pipe to analyzer to wooden pipe to chest, powered by 2 wooden engines my seeds get spit all over the ground while the seed analyzer does it's work. I tried to buffer the input with 5-6 cobblestone pipes but it is still too fast for the analyzer.

How do you set up your early game auto-analyzing?

As people have said hoppers work best, buildcraft piping requires you to create feedback loops to prevent spillage. Not worth your effort when a hopper can get the job done. :)

Reactions: Sawney

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
A Tier 2 Bagginses Bag should not be enough for every pipe.
Buildcraft has:
10 types of 'normal' pipes.
7 types of waterproof pipes.
7 types of kinetic pipes.
Plus technically structual pipes and pipe wires.
Add the 14 types of gates and you should struggle with 2 tier 2 bags :p

But it's refreshing having to refrain from EnderIO cabeling the whole of my base ;)

You are correct, the quests didn't require me to build every type of pipe thankfully! Right about now I'm wishing I had ender IO. :)

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of curiosity what biome did you do your breeding to get silky producing bees?

I am using tropical bees to get the silky combs in a magical (forest?) biome (Botania altar recipe for the Modest hive and then just keep tossing that into a Mana Pool to get the one you want - the tropical one is the first or second "mutation", you can get about 7 or 8 basic hives this way). I took the easy way for changing biome type: silverwood tree with a pure node, since I can't get any witch to speak with me to get them into my coven (I haven't really looked too much into that since I started the tech quests once I was really deep into Witchery - actively avoiding the Spirit world for now).

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
It's not hard at all to add EnderIO into your client side Regrowth Pack. But it would destroy the purpose of the pack. There would be absolutely no point in BC Pipes and coming up with a working logistics network with their fantastic but very easy piping.
Other mods are not that restrictive. I added Pneumaticraft myself because I love that mod. And because the mod needs Lapis for all addons and the agricraft lapis plant is the only source for it the mod is bumped from low-/mid game to mid-/late game by itself.
Plus it adds functionalities that are not implemented by another already present mod ;)
Big Reactors or ComputerCraft/OpenComputers/NedoComputers on the other hand are the same category as EnderIO. Plain Nope!

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
It's not hard at all to add EnderIO into your client side Regrowth Pack. But it would destroy the purpose of the pack. There would be absolutely no point in BC Pipes and coming up with a working logistics network with their fantastic but very easy piping.
Other mods are not that restrictive. I added Pneumaticraft myself because I love that mod. And because the mod needs Lapis for all addons and the agricraft lapis plant is the only source for it the mod is bumped from low-/mid game to mid-/late game by itself.
Plus it adds functionalities that are not implemented by another already present mod ;)
Big Reactors or ComputerCraft/OpenComputers/NedoComputers on the other hand are the same category as EnderIO. Plain Nope!

What you call fantastic and easy, I call clumsy and archaic. Po-tay-toe, Po-TA-toe. :)

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still pretty early game, I think (just built and walked through a Nether portal), and was just relocating my farms. After setting up the crops and planting the seeds for quite a few, then stepping away for a while, I realized I'd forgotten to irrigate, but the plants had managed to grow anyway (copper, tin, iron, coal). Does tilled garden soil not need irrigation, or do 10/10/10 seeds overcome the limitation (but would grow faster with water), or is there some other mechanic at work? I'm not terribly familiar with the mods involved (Agricraft, Magical Crops, maybe Garden Stuff?) and don't know what's tweaked for this pack versus what would normally be expected from the farming related mods.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

I'm finding it hard to understand how EnderIO would destroy the pack and Pneumaticraft does not.lol That mean the Drones that are in that mod would make Thaumcraft golems no point, and golems are the main automation. I for one added EnderIO. I just think its odd you would say that the mod you added is ok, but if you add this mod it breaks the pack. Just saying.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still pretty early game, I think (just built and walked through a Nether portal), and was just relocating my farms. After setting up the crops and planting the seeds for quite a few, then stepping away for a while, I realized I'd forgotten to irrigate, but the plants had managed to grow anyway (copper, tin, iron, coal). Does tilled garden soil not need irrigation, or do 10/10/10 seeds overcome the limitation (but would grow faster with water), or is there some other mechanic at work? I'm not terribly familiar with the mods involved (Agricraft, Magical Crops, maybe Garden Stuff?) and don't know what's tweaked for this pack versus what would normally be expected from the farming related mods.
Garden soil does not require hydration, default Garden Stuff behavior.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the help with the agricraft tank info. Seems the only problem was lack of water.

I tried for hours trying to get a decent setup. I'm only mid game but really wanted to run 8 sprinklers. I figured lots out though. Iron fluid pipes don't transfer water in a straight line, only gold does. It will however transfer water straight down. I have 2 railcraft wood tanks stacked above eachother with 1 wooden, and 1 iron fluid pipe. It seems 2 railcraft wooden tanks generated enough water to supply 4 sprinklers. They have to be stacked above eachother unless you have a way to get gold however.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting. And so people use sprinklers just to accelerate growth then? There's a quest for them and I've seen them in a couple Youtube vids.
Right-o. Sprinklers accelerate growth and hydrate regular tilled dirt. Garden Soil provides a small growth boost as well. Personally I plant everything on garden soil, and only sprinkler the part of the farm for up-breeding and things I currently need in quantity.

Reactions: Tairgire

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
That's also why valves come in handy if you have a big garden, but only work in small areas at a time. Once seeds get to 10 it really doesn't need faster growth. Over kill is still an option though :p

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
What you call fantastic and easy, I call clumsy and archaic. Po-tay-toe, Po-TA-toe. :)
All conduits fit in the same blockspace. There's no need to route to three sides of a block that needs energy, produces fluids and items like say an ender quarry. Plus the conduits are perfectly hideable short of WAILA.
That is very easy no matter how you see or argument. :p

I'm finding it hard to understand how EnderIO would destroy the pack and Pneumaticraft does not.lol That mean the Drones that are in that mod would make Thaumcraft golems no point, and golems are the main automation. I for one added EnderIO. I just think its odd you would say that the mod you added is ok, but if you add this mod it breaks the pack. Just saying.
Yeah okay. Forgot about the drones a second.
Point is if you added EnderIO you have basically two mods that add the same functionality.
When was the last chance to hook some piping to a block in your playthrough? And when was the last time you used a BC Pipe for that?
What I meant was exactely that. EnderIO does what Buildcraft does, just with a different approach. The pack is built around Buildcraft and a lot of quests involve these. If you circumvent a mod altogether because some other mod does the same thing the way you prefer that mod 'breaks the pack'.
Pneumaticraft has drones, but I don't see them as the main part. As you could see I tend to forget about them altogether. Without the drones (that are techbased and far more complex than golems for that matter) the mod does add unique amenities which are not provided by an already present mod. And thus the mod is not 'breaking the pack'.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
the mod does add unique amenities which are not provided by an already present mod. And thus the mod is not 'breaking the pack'.

There are actually a few things, Hoppers, RF producing engines, etc. Even thou I added EnderIO I still made and used BC pipes. I still am using them, and am replacing them as I go with conduits. Again, just don't see it. You say that Pneumaticraft adds things that are not in the pack, I can say the same about enderio. It doesn't matter because I don't have any issue with what mod you added just the fact that you dismiss one that someone else has added. I like Pneumaticraft buy the way.

xilni

Jul 29, 2019
All conduits fit in the same blockspace. There's no need to route to three sides of a block that needs energy, produces fluids and items like say an ender quarry. Plus the conduits are perfectly hideable short of WAILA.
That is very easy no matter how you see or argument. :p

This alone justifies ender IOs presence in any modpack I enjoy. +1 for including it since I don't see as being any more breaking than the Mekanism content (which I've really come to love as well, factories and the depth it offers is incredible).

Reactions: RehabOholic