[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

JazParks

Jul 29, 2019
My tests showed 8 hydros were not quite enough for each pool. With 12 have had a decent surplus. I occasionally toss a tablet in and take out half and feed it to one of my working pools. I just set up a stack 3 levels high on each side (and 'behind') feeding the pool on that side. Do need to remember to drop a world anchor though. I moved mine no realizing the portal stays active... but the hydro do not without an anchor. So portal is closed (pools drained) until I need it again.

Good point, I always forget about dang world anchors ha ha

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes... when I don't know what I want to do next... I just stand in front of my pure node and watch it pulse. It's so pretty. Too bad it's just a pretty node and won't turn my base biome to magical.

tTIyART.png

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you:) The strange thing is my portal kept turning of, and I had loads of mana gen. The thing was even thou the portal was out the flowers were still producing mana even when the pools were full. I would tap the portal with the wand and it would activate, but wouldn't take that huge amount of mana to turn on.
If the pools still had mana in them, the portal was probably still on. I noticed once the portal seemed to have turned off, but when I came back later it was on again. It's a display bug!

I found that 8 endoflames are more than enough to keep up with the portal's drain. I didn't experiment to see how many you need to break even. Maybe 6?

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
Uh. No it isn't. 100% of something is all of that something. So 100% less means you have none left. 100% more would be twice as much, but the ratio does not work the same way in reverse. This is subtraction/addition, not fractions.
Like I said people don't understand percentages, lol. I think I stand corrected.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes... when I don't know what I want to do next... I just stand in front of my pure node and watch it pulse. It's so pretty. Too bad it's just a pretty node and won't turn my base biome to magical.

tTIyART.png
I've tried that with a few gaps in my magic forest recreation, but like yours, dosnt do a thing

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
I figured out what the diving helmet does to your vision. It reduces the fog, but it doesn't make things brighter. So you can dive with it I guess, you just need some jack o lanterns for light, or the ring of chordata for its underwater night vision.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
10-10*100/100=10-10=0 if you want the long way to express it.
Having re read what the actual initial phrase you were saying was you are not saying 10 -100% you were saying 10 less 100% which is entirely different to 10 minus 100% which correctly stated would be 5% because its 10 - -10*100/100=10+10 expressed as a percentage would be 20/100*100=5%

Last edited:
Reactions: Reverse_Farsight

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, bit of a minor bug with 7.3:
You can no longer shift-click items to place them back into a bagginses bag.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
When I updated my server to .72 I started to get the following messages in the log once in a while.

[09:48:23] [Server thread/WARN]: Wrong location! EntityChicken['Chicken'/14140, l='ZealotCraft', x=0.00, y=0.00, z=0.00] (at 0, 0 instead of -157, 229)

Since they didn't seem to adversely affecting the server I ignored them. (Minecraft logs tend to be chock full of errors and warnings in my experience) However I getting them often now and in clumps.

Anyone know how I can kill a specific entity? Or barring that, kill all chickens. I normally use the cofh commands to do this which we don't have in regrowth.

Honestly, that line looks a lot like the corrupted chunk errors I saw a lot in DW20's forum recently. Have you used MCEdit or similar to check and see if you have any? (In MCEdit, they'll be blank chunks with no detail as opposed to everything else.)

Does any one know what the minimum setup would be to keep a Elven Portal open? Without any crazy setup, redstone, droppers, etc? My term crazy means setups like the ones on here that are cool, but I can't do or get my head around:p I'm just wondering if anyone has just made a little stand alone mana gen system for the portal.

I honestly don't even leave my portal on unless I'm currently using it. While the book says it takes much more mana to turn it off and on again, I've found it's simply easier and maybe even more efficient to only keep it open when I need it, and it only seems to take as much mana as making a couple mana pearls/diamonds, so not exactly hard to replace.

Side note; Took someone's advice on making thaumium grafters, so now lots of silverwood trees. To the point where one of them spawned with two pure nodes in the same trunk. XD

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Well, my latest episode is out. This one I fool around a bit with the witchery circles. Testing a couple of rites out I had not tried before. The Rite of Moving Earth and the Rite of Natures Grotto are tested and with some interesting results.

Reactions: CraftsmanChris

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
I think a good title for blood magic quests could be "What the World Flows With" and mekanism "What the World is Changed For"

adracamas

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an issue with this pack... This is what the wood looks like and what it drops. Any clue what's up?upload_2015-4-2_21-38-31.png

It's like the no matter what texture pack I use (including none)

Reverse_Farsight

Jul 29, 2019
And you missed mine, if she was 10+ she would have already been exposed to Damn many times, its your choice to let her see them at 8 and you should deal with it not raise it as an issue. I also take it you havent taken her to church that has hell and damnation left right and centre.

I get the feeling that you misread who has been behind which part of this conversation. The person you replied to about this post wasn't the person who posted it, the person who wanted to censor the word damn was someone else. I might be wrong, maybe you meant to say what you did to the person who you aimed it at, but from my understanding this person has a very mature and responsible view of censorship (ie. no point overprotecting the child when they're going to be exposed to it eventually, not like we can censor the whole world, may as well develop and foster the childs own ability to decide what she thinks about life instead of trying to make up her mind for her) which pretty obviously and clearly reflects that this person is not the one who is hurting about protecting children from the word damn etc.

Last edited: