[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, 100% less crashy is not the same as 100% no crashes. The actual reference aside, 100% less crashy is half as many crashes. People in general don't understand fractions, percents, and statistics.
Uh. No it isn't. 100% of something is all of that something. So 100% less means you have none left. 100% more would be twice as much, but the ratio does not work the same way in reverse. This is subtraction/addition, not fractions.

Just started playin 7.3 and I noticed a few things: When i started using garden soil and essence seeds - some weird frame-rate drop and lag appeared, any ideas why?

Crops do seem to be laggy. They are most laggy when there are crossbreeding failures going on- do not leave double-crops on soil that doesn't work for plants next to them.

Last edited:

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
So, has anyone figured out how to fix Witchery Garlic not actually producing garlic when right-clicked? I recall it being a problem, and now that I've got my garlic down, I'd like to stockpile a stack or so in case I ever really need it.
You can just fill a field, break it all but one, cross crop the field again, rinse and repeat.

Yes slower than being able to right-click harvest but garlic seems to grow really fast.

dakamojo

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered today that the cardboard box from mechanism will randomly change any node that is inside it when removed. Easy way to fix pale and fading nodes...not to mention one stop wand recharge if you don't mind a little extra work.

Easy way to create a hungry node.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Just started playin 7.3 and I noticed a few things: When i started using garden soil and essence seeds - some weird frame-rate drop and lag appeared, any ideas why?

Crops are pretty laggy. I find it somewhat common to have half a stutter every time I place a crop. It is better than it was a couple versions of Agricraft ago. So I have hopes of it getting even better in the future.

Mutandis is ridiculous !!! How on Earth am i supposed to get an oak sappling or ANY witchery items? All I get are extrabiomesXL flowers? Like seriously - why ?

You don't need an oak sapling. The quest states clearly you need 4 saplings of any type. It is quite easy to get your saplings and then for the quest reward you can choose an oak sapling if that is the type of wood you want to mass farm.

Getting the witchery plants.... that can suck. Or not, depends on random chance.

Also, I noticed cucumber and water artichoke just don't want to mutate? Also the berry seed, too ? Is something different from when you unlock garden soil or smth?

It is a random chance. Just make sure you are keeping the plants you are cross breeding fully mature and you are cross breeding onto the correct soil.

As a separate note, @thepheonixlodge 0.7.3 has 1 stick 1 coal = 4 torches, did you mean to change it back?

The torch recipe was never changed.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
took me 10 stacks to get all the witchery flowers.

As a separate note, @thepheonixlodge 0.7.3 has 1 stick 1 coal = 4 torches, did you mean to change it back?
Are the chances lower to get everything? Yes. Is it nicer if it's easier to get them? Certainly. Is it impossible/does your experience getting everything stand for everyone? Absolutely not. Nor does my experience stand for the majority. Just letting you know that it is possible. I think I only made a stack of mutandis and got all but one witchery sapling and saw in NEI that I only needed one type of vanilla sapling as I could later convert them in the mana pool with an alchemy catalyst to get the rest. Yes I got lucky and no, not everyone will have the same experience. But only having mutandis horror stories told is not the whole story of this.

Reactions: Kelmey

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Does any one know what the minimum setup would be to keep a Elven Portal open? Without any crazy setup, redstone, droppers, etc? My term crazy means setups like the ones on here that are cool, but I can't do or get my head around:p I'm just wondering if anyone has just made a little stand alone mana gen system for the portal.

JazParks

Jul 29, 2019
Does any one know what the minimum setup would be to keep a Elven Portal open? Without any crazy setup, redstone, droppers, etc? My term crazy means setups like the ones on here that are cool, but I can do or get my head around:p I'm just wondering if anyone has just made a little stand alone mana gen system for the portal.

I had about 16 of each dayblooms and nightshades plus 16 hydrangeas and four endoflames a few sparks and it was keeping it open nicely, nothing fancy and the only redstone was to automate the endoflames (which you don't have to do).

Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I had about 16 of each dayblooms and nightshades plus 16 hydrangeas and four endoflames a few sparks and it was keeping it open nicely, nothing fancy and the only redstone was to automate the endoflames (which you don't have to do).

Thank you:) The strange thing is my portal kept turning of, and I had loads of mana gen. The thing was even thou the portal was out the flowers were still producing mana even when the pools were full. I would tap the portal with the wand and it would activate, but wouldn't take that huge amount of mana to turn on.

JazParks

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you:) The strange thing is my portal kept turning of, and I had loads of mana gen. The thing was even thou the portal was out the flowers were still producing mana even when the pools were full. I would tap the portal with the wand and it would activate, but wouldn't take that huge amount of mana to turn on.

hmmm...that's weird I put dominant additions in my sparks that are over the mana pools; in front of my portal have you tried something like that?
That way any mana you do make goes straight there first.
How annoying that it turns off! that would certainly bug me lol

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Does any one know what the minimum setup would be to keep a Elven Portal open? Without any crazy setup, redstone, droppers, etc? My term crazy means setups like the ones on here that are cool, but I can't do or get my head around:p I'm just wondering if anyone has just made a little stand alone mana gen system for the portal.

My tests showed 8 hydros were not quite enough for each pool. With 12 have had a decent surplus. I occasionally toss a tablet in and take out half and feed it to one of my working pools. I just set up a stack 3 levels high on each side (and 'behind') feeding the pool on that side. Do need to remember to drop a world anchor though. I moved mine not realizing the portal stays active... but the hydros do not without an anchor. So portal is closed (pools drained) until I need it again.