[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, all of those things require a significant amount of work to obtain. Each mana tablet requires an ender pearl or diamond. Terrasteel requires an assload of mana generation, which takes a lot of time to set up. Add to all of that how extremely easy agricraft makes getting all of these things and fuel to power mana generation (basically unlimited coal for endoflames), and botania becomes much, much easier to play than it is alone or with pretty much any other mod pack.

Honestly, the quest rewards do offer a lot of things that are hard to obtain on your own, but what is really making botania entirely too easy is agricraft. Without agricraft, getting the items to craft botania items becomes a much larger hassle. With agricraft, you set up a few farms containing ender pearls, diamonds, iron, coal, and you've pretty much got every thing you need to infinitely create items and mana in botania.

Regrowth was my first time playing botania. I am now playing botania as part of a different mod pack, and it has taken me quite a bit more time to achieve the same things that I had in regrowth due to not having quest rewards and not having farms overflowing with items to pump into botania.

Part of me thinks that Regrowth is the only time you've played botania..
I was actually surprised just how many free mana tablets you are given as quest item rewards. I think personally you get too many and makes players lazy in improving mana generation

Reactions: fimbrethil

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
It's up to you whether you want to start a new world or not, but a prune of unused chunks might be worthwhile to you.
As for when it's coming out - I'm STARTING working on it tomorrow...
Dont ya just love people who ask when the next update is as soon as you release your latest update lmao. Not 2hrs pass and they are already asking.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
How soon till 0.8 is out? Is it worth starting a new world before resetting for new world gen?
This is an alpha pack, it is likely to have many updates. I reset my world every major update so that I can test nothing broke. Im not precious about my worlds, I constantly built and rebuild the same areas as I progress to get new decorative blocks. But thats just me.

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
So in complete idiocracy I was toying with saplings when I stumbled upon redwood(the 7x7 variety). I don't know why I thought it would be a small tree but alas I was not prepared for it. Is there any way to fell that sucker? because my lumber axe does nothing >.<
make a pool by the tree, nearby, place a torch, then dirt, then noob pole up with sand to get to the top of the tree. Now, find the center, and dig a hole all the way down, noob pole back up with TNT, and LIGHT IT UP!!!! Be sure to jump off the tree, land in the water, and walk away without looking at the explosion. Afterwards, cleanup is easy. Break dirt, watch sand fall, pick up torch.

This is an alpha pack, it is likely to have many updates. I reset my world every major update so that I can test nothing broke. Im not precious about my worlds, I constantly built and rebuild the same areas as I progress to get new decorative blocks. But thats just me.
I'm the same way. I reset for the update that broke the questbooks, and I have no regrets.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
make a pool by the tree, nearby, place a torch, then dirt, then noob pole up with sand to get to the top of the tree. Now, find the center, and dig a hole all the way down, noob pole back up with TNT, and LIGHT IT UP!!!! Be sure to jump off the tree, land in the water, and walk away without looking at the explosion. Afterwards, cleanup is easy. Break dirt, watch sand fall, pick up torch.

I'm the same way. I reset for the update that broke the questbooks, and I have no regrets.
Nope. Nope nope nope. It's all chunk cleanup and the like for me. I still try to keep myself up-to-date with the changes in the quests, though. Still, we'll see what happens when 0.8 rolls out. I may have a lot of cleaning up to do...

Nitro Poison

Jul 29, 2019
When I updated my server to .72 I started to get the following messages in the log once in a while.

[09:48:23] [Server thread/WARN]: Wrong location! EntityChicken['Chicken'/14140, l='ZealotCraft', x=0.00, y=0.00, z=0.00] (at 0, 0 instead of -157, 229)

Since they didn't seem to adversely affecting the server I ignored them. (Minecraft logs tend to be chock full of errors and warnings in my experience) However I getting them often now and in clumps.

Anyone know how I can kill a specific entity? Or barring that, kill all chickens. I normally use the cofh commands to do this which we don't have in regrowth.

Maybe just /cofh killall? It works in my single player

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
I am a parent who not only plays, but has an 8yo daughter who also plays. While we do not condone swearing, she will be exposed to it everywhere and needs to know how to deal with that. I have no issue with her seeing/reading "damn" or other such minor words - if she noticed it, she would be likely to show me and we would discuss it. If it were f^&* or similar, I would have more of an issue, but again, would discuss it with her. However, to be honest, she doesn't pay attention to the text of the quests very much.

By the age of 8, kids are quite able to distinguish between what they see and hear elsewhere, and what is acceptable at home. It is much better to have them exposed (in a controlled way) to bad language and discuss with them why it isn't accepted, and that others have different standards.
Although I like your parenting skills, I do however have to point out you are letting your daughter play a 10+ recommended game and you have to take the good and the bad that this brings.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
The detection quest of Such a Tool, now has blank graphics on the tools since the 0.7.3 upgrade (new world made)

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
I was actually surprised just how many free mana tablets you are given as quest item rewards. I think personally you get too many and makes players lazy in improving mana generation
I disagree. You wind up using a load of mana making terrasteel later for some quests, so the free mana tablets get mostly used up.

Reactions: JazParks

reesylou

Jul 29, 2019
Although I like your parenting skills, I do however have to point out you are letting your daughter play a 10+ recommended game and you have to take the good and the bad that this brings.
Hah, I think you missed my point. The entire point I was making was that there were good and bad things, and she need not be over-shielded from the bad things because that's life, and I am there to help her understand/process and develop her own views on that sort of stuff.

Nitro Poison

Jul 29, 2019
So either they do work, and Kelmey isn't aware of it... or they don't work, and you're speaking from experience with a different pack?

Own experience, i had a pack of direwolves inside mi house near the bed that killed me 10 times in a few secs, so i got rid of them that way

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
Hah, I think you missed my point. The entire point I was making was that there were good and bad things, and she need not be over-shielded from the bad things because that's life, and I am there to help her understand/process and develop her own views on that sort of stuff.
And you missed mine, if she was 10+ she would have already been exposed to Damn many times, its your choice to let her see them at 8 and you should deal with it not raise it as an issue. I also take it you havent taken her to church that has hell and damnation left right and centre.
Edit
While I think on the matter you have a very strange set of ethics, its not ok to use the word damn but its ok to expose your child to witchery and blood magic and killing. Id be more worried about those than the word damn.

Last edited:

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
So in complete idiocracy I was toying with saplings when I stumbled upon redwood(the 7x7 variety). I don't know why I thought it would be a small tree but alas I was not prepared for it. Is there any way to fell that sucker? because my lumber axe does nothing >.<

I chopped a natural one in a modpack that included Ars Magica, where you can spam ranged digging projectile spells. It took forever even with those spells. x.x Do not attempt with basic tools.

You can use the Rod of the Skies to jump on top of it, use Horn of the Canopy to get rid of the leaves. Use a Mana Blaster with a Potency+Entropy lens for the trunk. Stand a long way from the explosions, those things hit like nukes.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
I chopped a natural one in a modpack that included Ars Magica, where you can spam ranged digging projectile spells. It took forever even with those spells. x.x Do not attempt with basic tools.

You can use the Rod of the Skies to jump on top of it, use Horn of the Canopy to get rid of the leaves. Use a Mana Blaster with a Potency+Entropy lens for the trunk. Stand a long way from the explosions, those things hit like nukes.

you could add the lens of Bore if you wanted to keep the wood
edit wonders if the rod of hell would get rid of it lmao

Last edited: