[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Here's my most current one, forgot to add mob spawners to the last one I posted. Cardboard boxes are too easy for that.

I considered blacklisting chests and barrels... but the whole point of cardboard boxes, to me, is to pack and and move house. So the storage items stay :).
Why not blacklist aura nodes?

Mind if I use that blacklist on my server?

Nasch

Jul 29, 2019
So i was wondering how do we begin the Applied Energistic type stuff because I know you need certus quartz seeds but I am not seeing any way of getting essence in the quest line up yet.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
I've read horror stories and exploits about the spirit world. Haven't gotten to it yet, but are we supposed to be stranded there for a long time and re-tech back up yo get back?

I don't know if we are "supposed to" tech back up, or if we're supposed to be smart and use what's in the mod to avoid a long process when we basically need to complete a couple quests (one of which will not be trivial in any case," but I am going with "be smart." There are some tools in the pack to allow a quicker process. I used one and have an ender chest set up to pass things back and forth.

Still have to manage to get set up to avoid nightmares in order to grow enough wispy cotton to progress the quests, so will be messing around in spirit world some time still.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Two quickies about Mariculture, if anyone knows.. I was thinking about using crucible furnaces as my primary smelters, and looking into the upgrades. Is there any that will increase output? I tried the purity upgrades, but they didn't seem to have any effect. Is there any way to increase the max temperature of a given fuel? Ideally, it'd be powered by lava, but with an upgrade to get it up hot enough to melt iron. Throwing another fuel in there is no big deal, but was curious if such a thing existed.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
So i was wondering how do we begin the Applied Energistic type stuff because I know you need certus quartz seeds but I am not seeing any way of getting essence in the quest line up yet.
The seed gets unlocked after you have the Extreme Infusion Stone and a Mechanist reputation of 70. This will require you to complete most of the quests in Chapter 5.

Nasch

Jul 29, 2019
Also I have tried placing the blood magic altar in the world and the texture does not seem to show, is there a reason for this by chance?

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Also I have tried placing the blood magic altar in the world and the texture does not seem to show, is there a reason for this by chance?
[10.4] [v0.7.2 only] The Blood Magic Altar becomes invisible when I approach.
[BUG] Known issue with WAILAPlugins-MC1.7.10-0.0.1-14. Remove that mod, or downgrade to WAILAPlugins-MC1.7.10-0.0.1-12.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I guess hydroangeas don't search randomly for water anymore. Now they just choose randomly from available water blocks. Having more than one water block near a hydroangea does not speed it up.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
No I feel bad that no one commented on my pictures I posted. I know that my build is not that good, but come on. :p http://imgur.com/a/U1yME

Anyways:) Besides the Witchery broom, and the Thaumcraft Harness, what if any other types of flight are in this pack?
Botania tiara, Mekanism jetpack, Mariculture F.L.U.U.D.. Guessing blood magic has something but can't think of it right now.

Your witchery building looks good from the outside. Inside seemed a bit empty. But I build lots of big empty buildings myself. =)

Reactions: RehabOholic

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Your mechanist rep has to be 70 and you need to have made an extreme infusion stone to get the certus seed quest. It has fairly expensive requirements to make as well so you better have a high mining level pick. =)

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Dang it, I never thought of that. What tier tech is that? Is it before gold and aluminum?
it uses lots of iron. If i remember right it is mostly a water rune. a pufferfish. a salmon. 4 manasteel. The highest level thing to attain is the iron and the hardest things to attain are the fish. If i remember right that is.

Edit: just looked it up in NEI
chordata - 1 water rune, 4 manasteel, 1 pufferfish, 1 salmon.

Last edited:

djcosmic2

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be having some issues getting my assembly table and integration table to work. I have an emerald kinesis pipe connected to a mana fluxfield, and lasers connected to quartz kinesis pipe, connected to the emerald pipe. Any thoughts?

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be having some issues getting my assembly table and integration table to work. I have an emerald kinesis pipe connected to a mana fluxfield, and lasers connected to quartz kinesis pipe, connected to the emerald pipe. Any thoughts?
Mana fluxfield won't output to pipes.

You have to place it adjacent to what you want to power. Or place it next to a mechanism energy cell and pipe out of that.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
is the mana fluxfield connected into your network and if so could you take ascreenshot of the setup :) also i think the lasers have to be connected to from the bottom

Mana fluxfield won't output to pipes.

You have to place it adjacent to what you want to power. Or place it next to a mechanism energy cell and pipe out of that.

also this is not true, i am using b/c pipes connected to my fluxfield just fine