[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
I understand that if you have a good PC and if your pack runs at 150 FPS without fastcraft, you will not notice much of a difference with fastcraft but... even when I have good PC and see my FPS going from 150 FPS to 300 FPS I cant ignore that it does help! Specially when its proved that 1.7.10 as some very big performance issues that were addressed in 1.8 and fastcraft just implements the same improvements with, as far as I know, no side effects! The mod creater was even careful to not authorize the distribution in packs until he was sure that the mod would not cause unwanted behaviours.

And even if you dont see an improvement in performace, its seen by most of players that play minecraft and if its going to help many players that doesnt have so good pc's, then maybe it should be in the pack, since not all people playing minecraft have a good 'PC kung-fu' and will not know how to manually add the mod... And if it caused performance issues to someone... if 1% has issues is it a reason to deny benefits to the other 99%? Plenty of mods also cause issues to some players but they are still in packs.

Also... Jaded reasons.... lets just say that sometimes she is wrong, but she will never accept that... like she never accepted that AG needed a little fix on ExU recipes to allow transfer nodes and make the pack playable, specially on servers. Server admins didnt forgot the huge issues that happened with clogged pipes!
but he didn't see an improvement he seen a decline hence why he lets it be up to the individual

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
I understand that if you have a good PC and if your pack runs at 150 FPS without fastcraft, you will not notice much of a difference with fastcraft but... even when I have good PC and see my FPS going from 150 FPS to 300 FPS I cant ignore that it does help! Specially when its proved that 1.7.10 as some very big performance issues that were addressed in 1.8 and fastcraft just implements the same improvements with, as far as I know, no side effects! The mod creater was even careful to not authorize the distribution in packs until he was sure that the mod would not cause unwanted behaviours.

And even if you dont see an improvement in performace, its seen by most of players that play minecraft and if its going to help many players that doesnt have so good pc's, then maybe it should be in the pack, since not all people playing minecraft have a good 'PC kung-fu' and will not know how to manually add the mod... And if it caused performance issues to someone... if 1% has issues is it a reason to deny benefits to the other 99%? Plenty of mods also cause issues to some players but they are still in packs.

Also... Jaded reasons.... lets just say that sometimes she is wrong, but she will never accept that... like she never accepted that AG needed a little fix on ExU recipes to allow transfer nodes and make the pack playable, specially on servers. Server admins didnt forgot the huge issues that happened with clogged pipes!
Got to love people who quote 150FPS, My usual FPS is around 20 and I play regrowth with little problems with fastcraft otherwise I couldnt play it at all. So I understand why people want it in.
Edit I also would argue there are more people it helps than it doesnt help. Including it in the pack mods disabled atleast gives us the opportunity to enable it or not

Last edited:

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I'm walking around looking for a nice place to build. I hear a distant explosion, and an enderman sound. Suddenly there's a zombie with a sword right behind me...

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
Got to love people who quote 150FPS, My usual FPS is around 20 and I play regrowth with little problems with fastcraft otherwise I couldnt play it at all. So I understand why people want it in.
Edit I also would argue there are more people it helps than it doesnt help. Including it in the pack mods disabled atleast gives us the opportunity to enable it or not
im not sure if 3rd party packs have access to recommended mods or not i cant see why but it seems like i can remember someone saying it earlier in the forums

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is Java Sucks!! Java will only use your onboard GPU by default and never even bother to look for a dedicated one. I have a fairly good laptop that can run most games, but minecraft/java I only get an average of 30-40fps. After I followed this guide, well and a few others, but this one is what I used this time It bumped my fps to around 90+.

This video is NOT mine, I just did a search for Nvidia Control Panel Mincraft Settings, and this was what showed up. I help greatly, but I can't say it will work for everyone just that it did for me.
Just wanted to say thanks for posting this, it's really pretty simple and has definitely improved my performance in areas where I had previously noticed my computer having some difficulty.

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with flowers. They don't grow. I set up crossbreeding and never got flower seeds to mutate. So I cheated in some flower seeds and none of them can be planted on crops. The soil doesn't seem to matter, weather it's garden soil, tilled garden soil, dirt, sand, or farmland - right-clicking a crop with a flower seed of any type does nothing at all. This is for all flowers, mystical or not.

I haven't found anything that says other people are having this issue, so maybe it's something I've done. The only thing I can think of is that when transitioning from .6 to .7 I selected "back up configs". But then I made a new world.
Also, I added this: FastLeafDecay

My guess is that there's a config somewhere that should have changed with the new version, but didn't. Can anyone offer some insight?

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
So in my 0.7.1 playthrough I just did the Diamond Dolly quest. I may have ended up with the Ghast spawner.

WELL PLAYED, YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, WELL PLAYED. :<

(I have the last laugh, though. Haven't even gotten ghast seeds yet, but did just make my Crystal Bow. Come at me, Ghastbros.)

laod

Jul 29, 2019
My final plan is to have one of every crop with irrigation, agricarnations, and golems to harvest. Some experimentation shows that will be more than enough for most things. I may keep a few 3x3 plots for things I need lots of.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
on version .6.5 of the pack I was keeping a 5x5 plot of every one that I got to 10,10,10. But now I am going to, but I'm stuck on how/what I want to build.
One of my current goals is to finish a 13ish story building, with each floor housing 8 5x5 plots, and auto-harvesting everything. Definitely a longer-term goal.

Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
One of my current goals is to finish a 13ish story building, with each floor housing 8 5x5 plots, and auto-harvesting everything. Definitely a longer-term goal.

That sound cool! I have been in a creative rut lately. It seems that any pack I play I just build a wall and slap stuff down, trying to keep it somewhat clean looking. I have spent the better part of two days staring at the screen trying to figure out what, how, and where i should build. Let's just say I'm sad.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
So... I'm having trouble with Blood Magic's 'Ritual of Binding' ... Ritual is constructed properly, use (bound) Weak Activation Crystal on the Master Ritual Stone, Spinny red glyph thing comes up, throw sword on, and nothing... I'm not sure what's missing here, because it's definitely been changed a lil since last time I used Blood Magic.

edit: Annnd I forgot rule number 1... NEI is my friend. Use and Elementium Sword!

Last edited:

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
I did the initial breeding-up-while-actually-using period the seeds in 4x4s (no snake-pattern hoohah from me... I want my seeds working for me as they level up, for one) but I've been converting all the 10/10/x's I have 6+ of into interlocking 3x4s inside a 7x7 (center hole is for plopping in Agricarnations and hovering the sprinklers when I get to those). Beginning research in Thaumcraft now so I'll have my little guys presently, but I probably won't set them loose until I have better storage logistics going on.... which comes after finishing the last tier and a half of seeds and getting some stronger Botania generation going.

Layout in progress (Warning, not for the aesthetically inclined; I won't even bother giving the area a proper floor until my Equal Trade focus, not to mention TORCHES EVERYWHERE):

2015-03-23_19.59.07.png

Reactions: JustHeyo