[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Vagaprime

Jul 29, 2019
OK I just tried to download the pack and I am only getting vanilla minecraft. anyone know what is going on?

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
I did the initial breeding-up-while-actually-using period the seeds in 4x4s (no snake-pattern hoohah from me... I want my seeds working for me as they level up, for one) but I've been converting all the 10/10/x's I have 6+ of into interlocking 3x4s inside a 7x7 (center hole is for plopping in Agricarnations and hovering the sprinklers when I get to those). Beginning research in Thaumcraft now so I'll have my little guys presently, but I probably won't set them loose until I have better storage logistics going on.... which comes after finishing the last tier and a half of seeds and getting some stronger Botania generation going.

Layout in progress (Warning, not for the aesthetically inclined; I won't even bother giving the area a proper floor until my Equal Trade focus, not to mention TORCHES EVERYWHERE):

your setup is nicer then mine :p when i breed up i puts 4x4 behind my starting seed and also snake pattern off of that so they still work for me but still is a leave and forget :)

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
That sound cool! I have been in a creative rut lately. It seems that any pack I play I just build a wall and slap stuff down, trying to keep it somewhat clean looking. I have spent the better part of two days staring at the screen trying to figure out what, how, and where i should build. Let's just say I'm sad.

I tend to have similar issues. So this time I just did my research island to start, with no prettying it up (well, a little now and then) and put off any real building. My ocean base has two floors complete, one at surface level and one underwater, and the second lower level is about half drained. Just working on the lighting in there now, before I do any real building inside. Need more neon tetras. I'm sinking those into the ceilings.

But I decided I needed to work on a Witchery grove so I can progress to thaumcraft. Also need to (I hate the nether!) mine more ardite & cobalt to finish up my seeds. I got certus certified, but don't have the metals to get the seed done. That's because I have no ardite or cobalt seeds yet. :( I spawned into a not great nether, though there is a huge fortress there. Just the lava and open space situation makes mining tricky. Haven't died yet, but the nether tends to be my bane. That and the first hungry node I run into... yeah, into.

I have relatively little farm space. So I am doing a lot of just in time farming. Most of my seeds are 10'ed up though, so they both grow fast and produce a lot. Once I do settle a bit more, I will probably automate coal or something for power, but just in time isn't bad. Keeps fps up since there are fewer growing entities.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I've now submitted 0.7.2
Mod Changes:
- Updated Applied Energistics 2 to rv2-beta-14
- Updated Botania to 1.5-170
- Updated Buildcraft to 6.4.4
- Updated Buildcraft Compat to 6.4.1
- Updated Enchiridion 2 to 2.0e
- Updated Forbidden Magic to 0.562
- Updated Garden Stuff to 1.5.3
- Updated Iguana Tinker's Tweaks to 2.1.4
- Updated Storage Drawers to 1.3.4
- Updated WAILA to 1.5.10
- Updated WAILA Plugins to 0.0.1-14
Config Changes:
- Agricraft
- Added two more crops for growing Cinnabar and Amber
- Ender Zoo
- Lower attack damage of direwolves to 6 (3 hearts) from 10 (5 hearts)
- Lower Spawn rates of direwolves to 2
- Minetweaker Scripts
- Fixed Sheep and Bat Spawn egg recipes
- Make Nether Wart grow in any light level
- Added a research and crucible recipes to make cinderpearl and shimmerleaf
- Nerfed the Magical Food recipe. Now requires 1 of each MC standard crop so takes a bit more effort to get
Quest Changes:
- Fixed Quest "...Has a Silver Lining" accidentaly not having been quite finished, meaning it had been incompletable before.
- Fixed requiring 2 Mystical Lime flower seeds for quest "Mystical Flowers Tertiary"
- Added info to quest "A Sight For Sore Eyes" regarding TC Node Tracker and how to use it
- Added a quest on moving nodes in jars
- Added a quest introducing Wand Foci
- Added quests for the two new essence seeds
- Added quests on Compartments and the Drawer Controller
- Added a quest on Flower pots
- Added a third cartography quest regarding waypoint compasses

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
I've now submitted 0.7.2
Mod Changes:
Config Changes:
- Agricraft
- Ender Zoo
- Minetweaker Scripts
- Nerfed the Magical Food recipe. Now requires 1 of each MC standard crop so takes a bit more effort to get
Quest Changes:
- Fixed Quest "...Has a Silver Lining" accidentaly not having been quite finished, meaning it had been incompletable before.
- Fixed requiring 2 Mystical Lime flower seeds for quest "Mystical Flowers Tertiary"
- Added info to quest "A Sight For Sore Eyes" regarding TC Node Tracker and how to use it
yay good job :)

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
I've now submitted 0.7.2
Mod Changes:
Config Changes:
- Agricraft
- Ender Zoo
- Minetweaker Scripts
Quest Changes:
Yayy!

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Finally killed that 'expletive' Gaia Guardian II! Mmmmm that feels good. Got 2 overgrowth seeds for my trouble, 16 Gaia Spirits, and a "Will of Verac" Terrasteel Helmet augmentation. I owe my success to Steadfast Spaulders, lowering knockback against me by 60%.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
I've now submitted 0.7.2
Mod Changes:
Config Changes:
- Agricraft
- Ender Zoo
- Minetweaker Scripts
Quest Changes:

Did you change the config for Enchiridion 2 for servers or is that not needed anymore with the version update?

And That You! This is the best modpack I've played I think. If not the best it is good enough for me to not be able to think of a better one. =)

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if Floating Dayblooms/Nightshades can see though each other? Say if I have a floating Daybloom with a floating Nightshade on top, will the Daybloom still work?

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I gave up on looking after 30+ new worlds. I spent awhile in each world flying around just to see if I could find one and never did. I also tried retrogen on several worlds, several times. I finally gave up, and used Mcedit to put a few in my world. Then loaded up my test world to make sure it still worked. It did, so I just have to do all the work to enter it.
If you place one with Mcedit or even in creative when you go into the portal you will just fall into the void! Only the one the spawn with the world will have a maze on the other side... Unless it was changed :)

Edit: Is 0.7.2 out yet or do we have to wait a little longer? Not seeing it on FTB.

Last edited:

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
If you place one with Mcedit or even in creative when you go into the portal you will just fall into the void! Only the one the spawn with the world will have a maze on the other side... Unless it was changed :)

Edit: Is 0.7.2 out yet or do we have to wait a little longer? Not seeing it on FTB.
its submitted its up to the ftb team as to when its available to dl. its probably a case of them being asleep :p

Reactions: Mindfeak926

lblackburn

Jul 29, 2019
I am having problems with regrowth 0.7.1 and could use some explanation please because all of these mods are practically still brand new to me.

I have been getting deeper into Thaumcraft and I completed the research for Obsidian Totems which is dangerous forbidden knowledge.

Once right clicked the game told me that I gained some permanent warp.

After completing a few more research notes I geared up and went into the nether.

There I started mining around with my silky manyullyn pickaxe and I received a message from the game: "Strange whispers reveal secrets to you" followed by gaining what I considered a random research point for aqua.

Internally I believed that this was my first experience with warp and I shrugged it off and continued mining.

Almost immediately I discovered something that I thought was wrong. After mining away two blocks of netherrack, I pressed the movement keys to move my player in the space that they has previously occupied and I found that I met an invisible barrier. The result was no matter how hard I tried, I could not move my character into that space.

I started doing some reading on the thaumcraft wiki and came across some things that I thought might resolve the problem. First, I used the in-game command /thaumcraft warp <myplayername> set 0 PERM. I tried to move into the space with no luck.

Next I closed the minecraft client and feed the beast client and edited the thaumcraft.cfg file.
I changed the line B:wuss_mode=false to B:wuss_mode=true
I restarted minecraft and tried to move into the space again with no luck.

Still in game I went back through my nether portal into the overworld and mined some limestone blocks close to my portal. I moved into the space they had occupied with no problem at all.

Still in game I went back into the nether and started punching netherrack with my hand. I broke two new blocks and tried to move into the space with no luck.

I am stumped at this point, does anyone know why after I mine up netherrack I cannot move into the space those blocks had occupied?

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
@lblackburn I dont think warp is contribution to your problem in the nether, I think your problem in the nether is a symptom of block lag. Your client thinks you have mined the block, yet the server thinks otherwise and will not allow you to pass. Used to happen quite alot with TC mining hammers to me on servers with a great deal of lag

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I am having problems with regrowth 0.7.1 and could use some explanation please because all of these mods are practically still brand new to me.

I have been getting deeper into Thaumcraft and I completed the research for Obsidian Totems which is dangerous forbidden knowledge.

Once right clicked the game told me that I gained some permanent warp.

After completing a few more research notes I geared up and went into the nether.

There I started mining around with my silky manyullyn pickaxe and I received a message from the game: "Strange whispers reveal secrets to you" followed by gaining what I considered a random research point for aqua.

Internally I believed that this was my first experience with warp and I shrugged it off and continued mining.

Almost immediately I discovered something that I thought was wrong. After mining away two blocks of netherrack, I pressed the movement keys to move my player in the space that they has previously occupied and I found that I met an invisible barrier. The result was no matter how hard I tried, I could not move my character into that space.

I started doing some reading on the thaumcraft wiki and came across some things that I thought might resolve the problem. First, I used the in-game command /thaumcraft warp <myplayername> set 0 PERM. I tried to move into the space with no luck.

Next I closed the minecraft client and feed the beast client and edited the thaumcraft.cfg file.
I changed the line B:wuss_mode=false to B:wuss_mode=true
I restarted minecraft and tried to move into the space again with no luck.

Still in game I went back through my nether portal into the overworld and mined some limestone blocks close to my portal. I moved into the space they had occupied with no problem at all.

Still in game I went back into the nether and started punching netherrack with my hand. I broke two new blocks and tried to move into the space with no luck.

I am stumped at this point, does anyone know why after I mine up netherrack I cannot move into the space those blocks had occupied?

Sounds like something other than TC to be honest.

Is there any block in this pack that will kill and mob and class as a player kill?

Golems maybe?

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
Golems maybe?

I have just got in to Thaumcraft so i don't have them unlocked. I need a way to kill blaze and get the rods without me doing it! But if golems are the only way in the pack then i should get to work! Thanks for the help

lblackburn

Jul 29, 2019
@lblackburn I dont think warp is contribution to your problem in the nether, I think your problem in the nether is a symptom of block lag. Your client thinks you have mined the block, yet the server thinks otherwise and will not allow you to pass. Used to happen quite alot with TC mining hammers to me on servers with a great deal of lag

Thank you for your reply @Raetac. However I failed to mention that I am not playing on somebodies server. I am running 0.7.1 locally. So whatever server the game is using in running locally.

I don't intend to think that the problem I am experiencing is coming from any single mod. I just don't have enough experience with everything this modpack includes to offer any kind of opinion in that regard.

My intent in giving all the details that I did is to help others be able to repeat what I experienced and hopefully that can lead to some kind of resolution.