[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Ronen101

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have been having just a bit trouble with this pack. For you see every time I try to get the uses or recipe for an NEI item I crash and so does my friend. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this and or do you know how to fix this. I was not sure if its a quest thing where it was trying to prevent me from looking at this for the sake of the adventure and not getting a head of myself in the pack. I also had the theory that maybe left and right clicking to get the uses and recipes is crashing it apposed to pressing the R and U button while holding my mouse over the item in NEI.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have been having just a bit trouble with this pack. For you see every time I try to get the uses or recipe for an NEI item I crash and so does my friend. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this and or do you know how to fix this. I was not sure if its a quest thing where it was trying to prevent me from looking at this for the sake of the adventure and not getting a head of myself in the pack. I also had the theory that maybe left and right clicking to get the uses and recipes is crashing it apposed to pressing the R and U button while holding my mouse over the item in NEI.

That's a known issue in .71, I've heard talk thrown around that it's something or other not being up to date, but I don't believe anything's been definitively pinpointed yet (I may be wrong, someone who knows more about this confirm or correct me?). What I'm doing is waiting a bit until all the .71 bugs get ironed out until I update from .65, which kind of sucks since I don't wanna get into Thaumcraft until I can do the quests for it.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
This is still 0.65, but I've just completed the elven mana spreader quest, and while the two mana tablets it gave me do indeed hold and can be emptied of mana, they have no durability bar. I suspect this is because they are originally the creative version, instead of the ones with a bar I was given for a previous quest.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
I just looked and my issue is no longer on the issue tracker.

I'll re add it tonight when I get home and reproduce it again. Been a couple of weeks since I've used the pipes so want to make sure my memory is correct.

Here is my repo for the BC fluid pipe issue

BC pipes lose liquid when different fluids mix in them.

Here is my repo.

This is a contrived example to showcase the bug. I have had this happen in more normal operations.

Smeltery drain. Wooden pipe output to casting table with warmed up redstone engine powering pipe. Put hopper under the table to pull out ingots as they are made.

Take ingot cast out of table.

Melt an ingot of 5 different metals that won't mix or pour into a table with no cast in it. I used for this test aluminum brass (made sure it melted last), iron, tin, bronze, and obsidian.

As the metals melt it fills the pipe but can't go anywhere. Once pipe is full place ingot cast in table. Watch ingots get made and wait for an ingot to not finish. In my test it was the second ingot that failed.

Wrench the pipe to reverse flow back into smeltery. Once in smeltery you can see how much of the ingots you have left.

In my test of the 4 metals piped back to smeltery I had the following quantities. 3 nuggets, 80 mB, 3 nuggets, and 1 ingot 4 nuggets 15 mB. So three metals were partially lost and one metal gained some volume.

I have submitted this to the BC github as my previous submission doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Seldron

Jul 29, 2019
i see nobody answered me questioooon :/ How does one output power from steam turbine from railcraft to mekanism's energy cube?!
Don't know if somebody answered you yet but the Steam Turbine from Railcraft is only producing EU power for Industrialcraft 2.
Since we don't have this mod in this modpack the Steam Turbine from Railcraft doesn't do anything for you.
The power system it would provide is just not even there.

I would even go so far as for phoenix to disable the reciepe of em to avoid confusion.

To generate power from the steam you produce you have to use the steam engines for example the industrial Steam Engines from Railcraft.
Those should feed normally into the mekanism pipes/energy cubes.

Reverse_Farsight

Jul 29, 2019
I have submitted this to the BC github as my previous submission doesn't seem to be there anymore.
Thanks for doing that. My current work around has just been to store my ores en masse close to the smeltery and only process for ingots one lot at a time. It would be nice to have a few going at once.

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
yep they are spawning for me to :p found a outta land "gas leak: sand block

Natural gas doesn't actually check for water so it's perfectly normal. It just checks that the biome that the natural gas wants to start generating in is 'salt water'. As for the gas leak block. It gets placed at the same x/z coordinate of the LAST natural gas block to be placed (just at the top of the world). (This means it would spawn on slime islands :p, in normal tinkers). So if natural gas started generating at a coastline or on an ocean island, then it's easy for it to appear on land, as the gas is quite likely to have generated landward.

Last edited:

Lunetouche

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know if somebody answered you yet but the Steam Turbine from Railcraft is only producing EU power for Industrialcraft 2.
Since we don't have this mod in this modpack the Steam Turbine from Railcraft doesn't do anything for you.
The power system it would provide is just not even there.

I would even go so far as for phoenix to disable the reciepe of em to avoid confusion.

To generate power from the steam you produce you have to use the steam engines for example the industrial Steam Engines from Railcraft.
Those should feed normally into the mekanism pipes/energy cubes.
While there isnt IC2 there IS however the electric locomotive. Unfortunately without IC2 its use is more limited since there arent battery carts so you need to plan your tracks much more carefully to ensure you dont run out of juice, since there is a loss over distance for both the cables and the tracks carrying power.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Having used BC pipes for this a couple of days ago I really wish I had other pipes.

I was emptying a smelter that had a ton of different ores in it and was not happy to find that it allowed multiple liquids in the same pipe. Reversed the pipe to put the stuff back in the smelter and discovered that some of my ores got destroyed somehow. Not much was lost but not a good experience.

I guess if you only ever have one liquid at a time in your smelter it works ok but I miss my redstone clock from open blocks.
Its funny how modded players get so used to the mods that they forget(or not even know) the good old vanilla ways! I present you a vanilla redstone clock that I used in my smeltery(mine as a few adaptations to be able to turn on and off but I leave that as an exercise and due the fact of not being able to take a screenshoot of mine at the moment)
2012-07-30_223634_3079572.jpg

Also, the redstone clock is from Extra utilities, not OpenBlocks

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
While I do like the idea in general that you are suggesting, that being user submitted quests, the actual quest you submitted I strongly don't. One of the things that I have really enjoyed about this pack is that, at least so far anyway, there haven't been any quests requiring the submission of 100s or 1000s of x random item just for the purpose of making people grind away at something.
Yeah, I think I'll try something else (This is Hard)
Title: Useless No more.
Availability: After the Tools Quest
Discription: While you go eating stacks of rotten flesh, there is a better option. Maybe if you can dry the flesh you could make it more edible. (Submitted by Baconus_Yum)
Crafting task: Make 1 Drying Rack
Crafting Task Discription: Make slabs by putting Dead Wood into the bottom 3 squares of the crafting grid. Then do the same with the slabs.
Detection task: 1 Monster Jerky
Detection task Discription: Right click on the drying rack once you place it on a wall. Wait for a while and you will get this edible, dried out rotten flesh called Monster Jerky
Rewards: 20 Monster Jerky

Edit: Changed availability and added a comma

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I think I'll try something else (This is Hard)
Title: Useless No more.
Availability: After the Tools Quest
Discription: While you go eating stacks of rotten flesh, there is a better option. Maybe if you can dry the flesh you could make it more edible. (Submitted by Baconus_Yum)
Crafting task: Make 1 Drying Rack
Crafting Task Discription: Make slabs by putting Dead Wood into the bottom 3 squares of the crafting grid. Then do the same with the slabs.
Detection task: 1 Monster Jerky
Detection task Discription: Right click on the drying rack once you place it on a wall. Wait for a while and you will get this edible, dried out rotten flesh called Monster Jerky
Rewards: 20 Monster Jerky

Edit: Changed availability and added a comma
User submitted quests will not be happening. Too much time required to manage it, and inevitably someone will get upset because their submission gets missed or turned down.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Its funny how modded players get so used to the mods that they forget(or not even know) the good old vanilla ways! I present you a vanilla redstone clock that I used in my smeltery(mine as a few adaptations to be able to turn on and off but I leave that as an exercise and due the fact of not being able to take a screenshoot of mine at the moment)
2012-07-30_223634_3079572.jpg

Also, the redstone clock is from Extra utilities, not OpenBlocks

If you have access to nether quartz, you can put a comparator next to a hopper under the basin. When a molten block solidifies in the basin and passes through the hopper the comparator puts out a redstone signal which can activate the faucet and start draining the next block.

As long as each ore is loaded in multiples of 9 and all the ore has been smelted first, you only need to punch the faucet once to get all the contents out.

ruIKRJw.png

Tried to find the video where I first saw this but no luck.

Reactions: Mindfeak926

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
If you have access to nether quartz, you can put a comparator next to a hopper under the basin. When a molten block solidifies in the basin and passes through the hopper the comparator puts out a redstone signal which can activate the faucet and start draining the next block.

As long as each ore is loaded in multiples of 9 and all the ore has been smelted first, you only need to punch the faucet once to get all the contents out.

ruIKRJw.png

Tried to find the video where I first saw this but no luck.
Another clever vanilla solution!
No need for nice blocks from mods to do stuff! Usually, redstone blocks dont bring nothing new, they just compact it to one block but, its still possible to do it with normal redstone!

And you can use this on the ingot caster, so you dont even need to smelt multiples of 9 ingots.

Reactions: SolManX

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
BUT doesnt mekanism's universal energy pipes transfer eu?! its shows it does, but it doesnt connect to my steam turbine!

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Another clever vanilla solution!
No need for nice blocks from mods to do stuff! Usually, redstone blocks dont bring nothing new, they just compact it to one block but, its still possible to do it with normal redstone!

And you can use this on the ingot caster, so you dont even need to smelt multiples of 9 ingots.

Using the ingot caster would also mean I wouldn't have to wait for it all to smelt before starting as well. That's an upgrade :)

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
BUT doesnt mekanism's universal energy pipes transfer eu?! its shows it does, but it doesnt connect to my steam turbine!
They would transfer EU, but I think the point to take from all this is that the underlying framework for the existence of EU is not present. Often mods with multiple power options are only active for a given power type if the base mod is present. In this case, there's no IC2, therefore no framework for EU for this to function on (or at least be recognized).

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
After wiping for a full day on the YouTube Technical Support boss (their intake servers were screwy and I couldn't up load to them despite being able to upload fine to other places) I finally have another LP episode out there. This was deals with some aspects of updating a world from 0.6.5 to 0.7.1. We ended up clearing quest data and I restore my progress using /hqm edit. Also, Project Firestone advances, with a very useful tip for increasing visibility through lava. Hope you folks enjoy!

Aaaaannnd now the thumbnail that is displaying on YouTube for me is not showing up here. I really hope that a competitor comes around.