[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
be better to run a plugin wouldn't it? quick google search i found this one i cannot comment on if its any good or not http://www.curse.com/bukkit-plugins/minecraft/minebackup
I'm not willing to try to run bukkit. It is a PITA and I need basically none of its features. If I was running a server for hundreds of people maybe but for 6? Not worth my time.

I did just run across McMyAdmin which I will look at. I would prefer to do this from the console but the windows version of Minecraft doesn't allow easy command sending from scripts.

Thanks for the suggestion though. =)

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Is YAMPST not configured correctly? It seems to fail every time it tries to upload stuff.

[16:59:12] [Timer-0/INFO] [yampst/yampst]: Dumping stats!
[16:59:12] [Timer-0/INFO] [STDOUT/yampst]: [com.voxio.yampst.common.StatsManager:post:353]: [YAMPST] Data posted to YAMPST server follows:
[16:59:12] [Timer-0/INFO] [STDOUT/yampst]: [com.voxio.yampst.common.StatsManager:post:354]: {mcversion=1.7.10, version=0.7.0, trackid=45770e5e05542178bda343ca21518bec260fcef7a7ec45bb7fad3380, platform=server, install=0, launch=1, uptime=3600, yampstver=1.3.5}
[16:59:13] [Timer-0/INFO] [STDOUT/yampst]: [com.voxio.yampst.common.StatsManager:post:367]: [YAMPST] Sending POST to YAMPST server
[16:59:13] [Timer-0/INFO] [STDOUT/yampst]: [com.voxio.yampst.common.StatsManager:post:368]: [YAMPST] Response code : 500
[16:59:13] [Timer-0/INFO] [STDOUT/yampst]: [com.voxio.yampst.common.StatsManager:post:383]: [YAMPST] post-failed;arc-failed

If this pack isn't making use of it it would be nice to be disabled.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Is YAMPST not configured correctly? It seems to fail every time it tries to upload stuff.

[16:59:12] [Timer-0/INFO] [yampst/yampst]: Dumping stats!
[16:59:12] [Timer-0/INFO] [STDOUT/yampst]: [com.voxio.yampst.common.StatsManager:post:353]: [YAMPST] Data posted to YAMPST server follows:
[16:59:12] [Timer-0/INFO] [STDOUT/yampst]: [com.voxio.yampst.common.StatsManager:post:354]: {mcversion=1.7.10, version=0.7.0, trackid=45770e5e05542178bda343ca21518bec260fcef7a7ec45bb7fad3380, platform=server, install=0, launch=1, uptime=3600, yampstver=1.3.5}
[16:59:13] [Timer-0/INFO] [STDOUT/yampst]: [com.voxio.yampst.common.StatsManager:post:367]: [YAMPST] Sending POST to YAMPST server
[16:59:13] [Timer-0/INFO] [STDOUT/yampst]: [com.voxio.yampst.common.StatsManager:post:368]: [YAMPST] Response code : 500
[16:59:13] [Timer-0/INFO] [STDOUT/yampst]: [com.voxio.yampst.common.StatsManager:post:383]: [YAMPST] post-failed;arc-failed

If this pack isn't making use of it it would be nice to be disabled.
It's more the fact that the YAMPST servers can't handle the amount of use the pack is getting.

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
@thephoenixlodge I have a suggestion to this pack. A new category, called "What the World Wants" where some people can submit quests on this form and could or could not go on the category. If this idea is good to you, I have a suggestion for a quest:
Title: "Need" of Food
Discription: This world used to have many pigs, but they were all killed for a certain meat called porkchops. Maybe you can get porkchops and dry it out to make a certain food people call bacon.
Quest: Submit 1000 Bacon Jerky
Quest Discription: The world is hungry, it needs bacon
Reward: 64 Spawn Pig Eggs
Because I think everyone ignored this :(

djcosmic2

Jul 29, 2019
My game crashes every time I place an item into a gold chest. Known bug?

EDIT: Let me replicate the crash, and paste a pastebin of the exception.....for science

EDIT: Now that I am trying to replicate the crash, my game refuses to crash....Murphys law

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
For those interested --
I've been reading on recent issues on the forums with crashes - I also experienced another crash when looking up the recipe for Coal Seeds and Coal itself.
I resolved the issue by replacing the following mods ->
  • CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.4.29-universal with 1.7.10-1.0.4.35-universal
  • NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.4.83-universal with 1.7.10-1.0.4.90-universal
This may also help to resolve other further NEI/appeng errors that seem to have been popping up. This is also after I had upgraded the Applied Energistics mod version in my previous post.

I just tested this, and found that I still get the crash for both known conditions - 1) looking at uses for planks or wool, and scrolling to the right past the Assembly Table recipes and 2) Looking at a recipe, exiting the world, reloading the world (without a client restart), then looking at the same recipe - is that working for you after upgrading?

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
I have a mod request. Feel free to say no. It would make my life as a server admin a bit easier though.

I would like to run a backup mod for my server. The only such mod I know of is AromaBackup. The problem is that AromaBackup requires clients to have the mod. (which I don't understand but beggars can't be choosers)

So it would be awesome to have AromaBackup added to the pack. I think adding it as an optional mod (do 3rd party packs on FTB support optional mods?) would be best that way it is easy for people playing on servers with it to enable it and everyone else doesn't have it in their game.

PS: If someone knows of a backup mod that doesn't require it to be installed on the client let me know. I'm not attached to AromaBackup.

Thanks.

So I have found a replacement for AromaBackup that doesn't need a client-side mod installed. I withdraw my request for this to be added to the pack. =)

If anyone else is looking for a backup mod I'm trying ServerTools with the backup module from servertools.info

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
As a hardcore player, I'm very curious on when dire wolves stop one shotting you. What is up with them? *cries as the world is deleted*

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
As a hardcore player, I'm very curious on when dire wolves stop one shotting you. What is up with them? *cries as the world is deleted*
I've already nerfed their damage by about 40% for 0.7.2. You'll find a lot of the mob based challenge in the pack is generally due to inability to equip yourself in the early stages.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I've already nerfed their damage by about 40% for 0.7.2. You'll find a lot of the mob based challenge in the pack is generally due to inability to equip yourself in the early stages.
And what light level do they spawn in? It spawn in my house, fully lit. Is there a way you could modify that?

Reactions: RPTBuddy

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if items placed in a composter is better than others? I know that pumpkins seem to be the best in terms of numbers/per and all that. I was just wondering if it is set up to where say a stack of wheat gets you more than a stack of seeds as it should be. I'm not having any trouble with getting things to put in there, just wondering if it was set up that way, or if it produces the same amount regardless of the size/weight of the item.
Everything yields the same quantity. Some items will take longer to process though. You could fill your bin with logs, but it would take significantly longer.

Bloodroot

Jul 29, 2019
I was also curious about the wolves. Is there a secret to keeping them from spawning in otherwise safe areas? Plant a lot of wolfsbane, maybe? Draw a chalk circle around my entire base? (May need more chalk for that.) Botania or Witchery dog-catching plant?

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I was also curious about the wolves. Is there a secret to keeping them from spawning in otherwise safe areas? Plant a lot of wolfsbane, maybe? Draw a chalk circle around my entire base? (May need more chalk for that.) Botania or Witchery dog-catching plant?
I'm not exactly sure.. maybe half slab every part of your base? So very annoying. :(

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not seeing where every one is having issues with the wolves. I have only seen 3 in since the update released. The funny thing is I here them, but never see them. About an hour ago one spawned in my base, but I just kept working at the same time keeping an eye on it, and it never made a move. I got close to it, then I started to work on something then turned around and it was gone. If I had to pick a annoying mob it would be those dead cats/dogs in the catacombs that have the flash type speed and hit rapidly, but I still don't really mind them.

Black_Fox9653

Jul 29, 2019
Because I think everyone ignored this :(
While I do like the idea in general that you are suggesting, that being user submitted quests, the actual quest you submitted I strongly don't. One of the things that I have really enjoyed about this pack is that, at least so far anyway, there haven't been any quests requiring the submission of 100s or 1000s of x random item just for the purpose of making people grind away at something.

Reactions: JustHeyo

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not seeing where every one is having issues with the wolves. I have only seen 3 in since the update released. The funny thing is I here them, but never see them. About an hour ago one spawned in my base, but I just kept working at the same time keeping an eye on it, and it never made a move. I got close to it, then I started to work on something then turned around and it was gone. If I had to pick a annoying mob it would be those dead cats/dogs in the catacombs that have the flash type speed and hit rapidly, but I still don't really mind them.
they always spawn in my base :eek:

[LNET] Arns

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if you know, but the recipe for the crafting table only works with a fully repaired hatchet. I know it only take 1 flint but could you add :* to the hatchet in MT!
Thanks

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if you know, but the recipe for the crafting table only works with a fully repaired hatchet. I know it only take 1 flint but could you add :* to the hatchet in MT!
Thanks
Well aware it only works with a fully repaired hatchet - it says as much in the quest book, and your solution does not work as the actual damage of the hatchet is stored in NBT not in Metadata.