[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, the only reason I'm hanging back in .65 is because quests seem to be pretty badly buggered. No matter what I did, some refused to reset at all. Heck, I've even got like five or six stacks of fertilizer ready to upgrade my farm, but I don't want to upgrade if my questbook is broken like the first time I tried to upgrade to .71.

And for the record, one quest refused to actually complete despite showing itself as completed before going into it (like, not flashing, but also missing components and the immediate next quest was locked, manual detect button was also still usable), a couple after it that were grayed out as a result, and a few various ones that no matter what I did, somehow managed to not actually give the rewards (including reputation) even when I cheat-completed them. Until this gets fixed, there's no way I'm busting my quests.

And here I was, so excited for the new quests, especially now that I can feel okay getting into Thaumcraft. Oh well, back to crossbreeding.
You have to reset all progress before you can go in and complete the quests (I assume you're talking about a handful in Chapter 1). After I did that, I was able to complete and gather rep from all the quests. A pain, but workable. I posted a guide a few pages back, not sure if you saw, but it is also available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4zr8le2nr9zh4d/regrowth-faq.txt?dl=0

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
You have to reset all progress before you can go in and complete the quests (I assume you're talking about a handful in Chapter 1). After I did that, I was able to complete and gather rep from all the quests. A pain, but workable. I posted a guide a few pages back, not sure if you saw, but it is also available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4zr8le2nr9zh4d/regrowth-faq.txt?dl=0

Oh hohoho, no, it's not just chapter 1. A few of the other quests decided to be obstinate asses when it came to completion. And I suppose I could completely reset the questbook and cheat back from scratch, but I'm just really not feeling like doing that, or uprooting a hefty chunk of my garden to retrofit it for the seeds, so for now, I think I'll settle on crossbreeding a bit more in .65 so my whole little crossbreeding square of complication will work. :\

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
About your guide, thaumcraft retrogen is not active and its not the cause to the long time converting the world.
The reason is converting the HQM save file. Since this kind of converting usually brings other problems in the future, or it would not give so much errors and take so much time converting, it would be preferable for you to suggest deleting the HQM folder in the save world folder and then guide them on how to complete the quests in a timely fashion like you already do in the guide.

Reactions: rivvest

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
About your guide, thaumcraft retrogen is not active and its not the cause to the long time converting the world.
The reason is converting the HQM save file. Since this kind of converting usually brings other problems in the future, or it would not give so much errors and take so much time converting, it would be preferable for you to suggest deleting the HQM folder in the save world folder and then guide them on how to complete the quests in a timely fashion like you already do in the guide.
Thanks for the info - I'll update accordingly.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Is it posible to create a new world in .71 and import a player inventory from .65?? Id like to play in a new seed but keeping some items from my previous playthru. And if so, how do i do it???
Kinda yes. It involves opening the old and new level.dat(in single player. On a server is the .dat file that corresponds to your user in the player folder) file in a NBT explorer and copying the inventory section from one file to the other

J.K. Doble

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for all your hard work on fixing the things that were broken or not functioning quite right. I also Want to commend you on all the new quests. This Modpack is awesome and getting better all the time. :D

Nitro Poison

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda yes. It involves opening the old and new level.dat(in single player. On a server is the .dat file that corresponds to your user in the player folder) file in a NBT explorer and copying the inventory section from one file to the other
Thankyou, gonna try and do that.
Btw im con single player

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Unable to craft Crop Sticks in .71. Can anyone advise? Client crashes when trying to view recipe in NEI.

Crash Report Below:
http://pastebin.com/3nTMdVam
@thephoenixlodge The version of NeiAddons in the pack is an old version and probably not compatible with the version of forge in use. It might be the cause of the problem. Also, some nasty bugs in AE beta 10 (and 11, 12...)

While that doesnt get fixed, the recipe is four sticks in a square(I think its an unshaped recipe, so 4 sticks would be enough but in case it downt work make a square with them)

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
That looks.. bad. You might be able to get by if you delete the HQM data, then manually completing the quests with an /hqm edit book, as described in the posts/links above.
That error was the one filling 200 Mb of my client log while converting the world :p
yeah, I would just delete the file and use HQM edit mode.

Crashing when selecting any topic in the Lexica Botania.
Crash: http://pastebin.com/uabRxkzV

I'm also getting a lot of crashes using NEI.
Summoning @Vazkii and @joshie ...
is it on Botania side or is enchiridion doing something that is not supposed?

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
That has nothing to do with botania. It's to do with me failing at maths ;P. Out of interest, were you opening a lexica with alfheim?

But also please never bother other mod authors when it comes to issues with their books when enchiridion is mentioned. It's ALWAYS on my end. I'm adding support for their books, not the other way around.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
still on 0.6.5 - why are so many recipes missing for most of the essences? Of course I know a lot of the patterns - 3 across, 3 vertical, 3 diagonal, 4 square, 8 square, all 9, etc. but I still don't like having to guess and possibly missing a good recipe. One example is "Essence of the Wither" - there's no NEI recipe for using it, and I did discover that 8 square gives a Wither Skeleton Skull, but how about Necrotic Bone? I've tried all the combos but no bones. Now perhaps there isn't a recipe for Necrotic Bone using Essence of the Wither, but I'd like to know that for certain before I needlessly waste time hunting for a Nether Fortress so I can try to get some Necrotic Bone drops.

Another example is the Slime essence, it has a very odd pattern using 6 of the 9 crafting slots. I would never have guessed that recipe. So not all recipes are the simple kind, apparently. I got the recipe by looking up Slimeball in NEI and pressing "R". So why is the recipe in NEI, but the Essence item isn't? If you look up "Essence of the Slime" there's no entry even tho it is used in the Slimeball recipes. That doesn't make sense to me. (Edit: I made a mistake, it isn't the Slimeball recipe that has the "odd" recipe, but I can't remember which item it is that has that recipe).

Another example is Essence of Ardite, which doesn't show up at all in NEI, not even if you go to "Ardite Ingot" and look up all the recipes. But I think it's safe to say there is indeed a recipe for turning essence into ingots (most likely the 8 square one but I don't have 8 of em yet so I can't check to see). So why doesn't NEI show it? Edit: The answer to this one is, 8 square gives an Ardite Ore block, not an Ardite Ingot, which is a nice bonus!

Point is, we can't be certain of anything when it comes to essence recipes, and I don't enjoy having to guess at them. Is this intended behavior?

Last edited:

RPTBuddy

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to bring this up as it has already been mentioned but someone kindly posted a link to the tinkers progression for this pack and I have spent a good amount of time trying to find it...can someone point me to that doc please? Thanks

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
still on 0.6.5 - why are so many recipes missing for most of the essences? Of course I know a lot of the patterns - 3 across, 3 vertical, 3 diagonal, 4 square, 8 square, all 9, etc. but I still don't like having to guess and possibly missing a good recipe. One example is "Essence of the Wither" - there's no NEI recipe for using it, and I did discover that 8 square gives a Wither Skeleton Skull, but how about Necrotic Bone? I've tried all the combos but no bones. Now perhaps there isn't a recipe for Necrotic Bone using Essence of the Wither, but I'd like to know that for certain before I needlessly waste time hunting for a Nether Fortress so I can try to get some Necrotic Bone drops.

Another example is the Slime essence, it has a very odd pattern using 6 of the 9 crafting slots. I would never have guessed that recipe. So not all recipes are the simple kind, apparently.
Necrotic bone recipe is disabled in 0.6.5
Wither Skeleton Skull recipe should show up on NEI. It showed on mine when I played the 0.6.5 couple weeks ago.