[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to bring this up as it has already been mentioned but someone kindly posted a link to the tinkers progression for this pack and I have spent a good amount of time trying to find it...can someone point me to that doc please? Thanks

- What's the tool mining level progression?
0. Flint, Bone, Vitreous
1. Netherrack, Copper
2. Iron
3. Bronze, Manasteel
4. Alumite, Elementium
5. Thaumium, Pigiron, Koboldite
6. Steel, Terrasteel, Elemental, Titanium
7. Cobalt, Ardite
8. Void, Manyullyn
9. Osmium, Bound, Chameleon, Refined Glowstone

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
still on 0.6.5 - why are so many recipes missing for most of the essences?
..snip..
Point is, we can't be certain of anything when it comes to essence recipes, and I don't enjoy having to guess at them. Is this intended behavior?
Does this persist after a restart? It sounds a lot like the other recipe-gone-missing issues with 0.65.. namely the piston.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
I waited half an hour with the log stuck on the "Mooshroom Island" part before giving up last night. Reading here, maybe I should have given it another half-hour.

Then today I zipped up the save file, opened on a different (slightly faster) computer and bam, it opened in seconds. Like, I literally would not have noticed the delay.

I've put together what I did to get myself from 0.65 to 0.71 with quests intact.. hopefully others find this useful or can expand upon it.
Note: Always take a backup of your world first! Do not apply these steps to your original save. In case of error, you can start over and try again. Use at your own risk, I am not responsible for loss of saves, quest data, yadda yadda and etc.
Note: The time investment is proportional to how many quests you have completed. In my case, I had around 180 complete, and this process took me about 30 minutes.
Note: The initial upgrade of a world takes some time, be patient and ignore the HardcoreQuesting errors in the console, they are really just warnings. Keep waiting. My world takes around 5 minutes to upgrade, on a newer system, with not much of the world explored.
- Once the world has loaded, pause your game -- there's still things happening in the background and you will notice lag. In my case, I found that waiting a few minutes then restarting Minecraft entirely got rid of that lag.
- Now, onto the quest book. You'll notice that all of your reputation is lost, only Chapter 1 is available, and that it is a mishmash of completed quests. Fixing this is what's going to take the most time. Dump all of your inventory into some chests. The basic process will be 1) complete quests, 2) collect rewards, 3) dump those rewards (unless you want to be a cheater :D). Having a completely empty inventory makes this faster. Find a safe spot to stand where you can toss items away (I went for the ocean). Life will be a lot easier if you are protected from monsters or if you turn on peaceful during the process.
- You'll need to have cheats enabled to accomplish this, so if you're in single player, go to the menu and Open to LAN, be sure to select Enable Cheats. I don't play multiplayer, but I assume you will need op privileges for the next bit.
- Now that you can run cheats, in the chat type: /hqm edit -- this will give you a quest book you can use to re-complete your quests.
Note: If you want to make things just right, do not just dive in and start completing quests! There is a potential to over-reward yourself with reputation.
- The first thing you want to do, though counter-intuitive, is reset all the quests. This is done on the main menu page of the HQM edit book by hold Control and Shift, then clicking the "Reset" button. This has to be done to clear out the problems in Chapter 1. If you do not do this, you will not be able to re-complete all Chapter 1 quests, which prevents some other quests from unlocking, which prevents you from getting your reputation points.
- Now that you have a completely reset quest book, go into chapter one, and shift-click on all the quests you have completed. There are new quests in here, so be sure to leave those incomplete. Once your inventory is full, time to dump it. The easiest way is to hold down Control, Alt, and Space, then click an item in your inventory. This will throw everything out (once for the hotbar, once for the rest). Now give yourself another book with /hqm edit in the chat. Continue through the chapters, shift-clicking quests, claiming rewards, and dumping. You will have to bounce around between the chapters; some quests are triggered by reputation, or quests from other chapters. If you get caught up with where you were, congratulations, you are ready to toss the OP book, grab your gear, and get back to regrowing the world!
- For me, this was not enough, I hit a wall - Quests weren't opening up that I knew I had completed, a bunch in the Botania and Witchery quest lines, as well as Chapter 5. Some quests are secretly triggered by holding items in your inventory. Pick up all of the following items you have or can make: Leather, Gold Ingot, Aluminium Ingot, Lapis Lazuli, Redstone, Shards, Diamond, Blaze Rod. This should unlock the rest of the quests and hopefully with that, you can continue completing quests to the point you were in 0.65.

Thank you! Super helpful.

I'm using a Void Chest to delete my duplicate quest rewards. The only thing I'd add is to not go TOO fast deleting stuff. There were a couple of quests for things I had done but that had not previously been quests (or I had not unlocked them), like making a worktable.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I waited half an hour with the log stuck on the "Mooshroom Island" part before giving up last night. Reading here, maybe I should have given it another half-hour.
Then today I zipped up the save file, opened on a different (slightly faster) computer and bam, it opened in seconds. Like, I literally would not have noticed the delay.
Thank you! Super helpful.
I'm using a Void Chest to delete my duplicate quest rewards. The only thing I'd add is to not go TOO fast deleting stuff. There were a couple of quests for things I had done but that had not previously been quests (or I had not unlocked them), like making a worktable.
Thanks for the feedback! I hadn't considered the other miscellaneous new quests (blinders were on), just the cross-breeding ones.

Taaaa

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the idea of the modpack so far. Sadly, I don't really get to play because I can't craft any kind of crafting tables without wooden planks. And there seems to be no wood - except for the dead one.
I read in this thread I should build a hatchet, but if I rightclick on the wooden hatchet in the inventory it shows me a recipe for a crafting table. On the Wiki for "Tinkerer's Construct" there is a recipe with parts (which I can not make without the crafting table).

Would really appreciate some help. Thanks!

EDIT
When using R+Click on the hatchet there is no recipe shown at all - it works on other items.

Last edited:

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the idea of the modpack so far. Sadly, I don't really get to play because I can't craft any kind of crafting tables without wooden planks. And there seems to be no wood - except for the dead one.
I read in this thread I should build a hatchet, but if I try to show up the recipe ingame it gets me a recipe for a crafting table. On the Wiki for "Tinkerer's Construct" there is a recipe with parts (which I can not make without the crafting table).
The quest book explains in detail the steps to take to get the hatchet - make sure to read both pages and scroll down. :)

Reactions: GidiL

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: RPTBuddy

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I read in this thread I should build a hatchet, but if I rightclick on the wooden hatchet in the inventory it shows me a recipe for a crafting table. On the Wiki for "Tinkerer's Construct" there is a recipe with parts (which I can not make without the crafting table).

EDIT
When using R+Click on the hatchet there is no recipe shown at all - it works on other items.

As was said, read the quest book carefully. Also, something I learned eventually but wish I had known right away - any of the flint tools can be repaired fully, very easily, by placing the tool in a crafting table with one flint. And obviously there is plenty of flint available. Crafting tables actually take a lot less wood to make than they do in vanilla, which is nice when you finally get to Thaumcraft since putting Crafting Tables into a Deconstruction Table is a great way to get the 6 basic aspects in mass-quantity.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
As was said, read the quest book carefully. Also, something I learned eventually but wish I had known right away - any of the flint tools can be repaired fully, very easily, by placing the tool in a crafting table with one flint. And obviously there is plenty of flint available. Crafting tables actually take a lot less wood to make than they do in vanilla, which is nice when you finally get to Thaumcraft since putting Crafting Tables into a Deconstruction Table is
If my memory doesnt fail, you cant even do it on the inveotry crafting grid (2x2)

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
I've been growing nether wart out in the open all through 0.65 - same lighting as for all other crops.

Is having to grow it in the dark a 0.7 thing? I can't see any mention of it in the changelogs.
It definitely doesn't grow in lit areas. When I get home I'll try the dark as suggested.

I wish the agricraft journal included growing conditions. Or NEI.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
It definitely doesn't grow in lit areas. When I get home I'll try the dark as suggested.

I wish the agricraft journal included growing conditions. Or NEI.

Yes, seems like @NunoAgapito nailed it earlier - he noticed it in the Pathfinder modpack which has the same agricraft configs as for 0.7.

jasperw94

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know what cabels do connect to the steam turbine housing multiblock from railcraft i cant connect the mekanism pipes nor bc pipes

Alienfish25

Jul 29, 2019
As much as I love this mudpack this new update has some issues for me. I hate wolves. I hate the noise they make. If anyone knows how to disable them from spawning I would appreciate it greatly

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know what cabels do connect to the steam turbine housing multiblock from railcraft i cant connect the mekanism pipes nor bc pipes

I know the BC pipes have to be pointing in the correct direction (use a BC wrench to change direction) and may need a wooden engine to power them.

One other thing ... I found I needed to put another pipe in after the extraction pipe, so that the extraction pipe wasn't directly connected to the output machine.

machine -> extraction Pipe -> fluid pipe -> machine

Hope that helps!

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
As much as I love this mudpack this new update has some issues for me. I hate wolves. I hate the noise they make. If anyone knows how to disable them from spawning I would appreciate it greatly

I do believe you can disable them in the Ender Zoo config file.