[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah if you removed 1, it will crash :p. Since Mariculture needs it. If you have 2 in it will crash, because there's client code being called on server in that version.

Make sure you have 1 and don't have 2 xD.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah if you removed 1, it will crash :p. Since Mariculture needs it. If you have 2 in it will crash, because there's client code being called on server in that version.

Make sure you have 1 and don't have 2 xD.

Well after a changing the Enchiridion 2 config option (B:"Disable Autodiscovery"=true) to (B:"Disable Autodiscovery"=false) I have both now and the server runs fine without getting the crash. @thephoenixlodge after doing a little config research of Enchiridion 2 the 0.7.0 server has auto discovery set to false as default and got set to true for 0.7.1 thus causing the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: rivvest

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Thank you, and sorry for all the Obelisk talk:(

This is for anyone else that is have as much trouble as a few other and I have/are in finding a thaumcraft Eldritch Obelisk in your world.

1st you can use the Sinister Loadstone to hunt, well sinister nodes. That is what is under a Obelisk, but you will also be led to totems, and sinister nodes themselves.

2nd I did some testing and found out a few things. If you load up another world to hunt for an Obelisk and find one you can make a schematics of it then transfer it to your world. I made one and was able to export using Mcedit then import it to my world. I also tested if it still would work when activated, and it did. I also have the Obelisk.schematics if someone wants it, I will set it up later to share it.

3rd I tried the creative Obelisk spawner, however as stated by thephoenixlodge it does not add the sinister node. Without it the portal will not work(you can not activate it. The bad news is even if you find the node(they are easy to find) you can not place the creative obelisk to use the node. I haven't tested if it will work next to it instead of between the pedestal & obelisk. If you are familiar with the middle mouse click while in creative looking at an item/block you add that item to you inventory(copy it). I did test if you copy the obelisk, and the pedestal under it then place the pedestal under a sinister node and the obelisk above it that works. Then all you have to do is put in the hours of work to get everything to you need to activate it. I hope that helps.

Maybe a world seed would help instead? Here's one not far from starting spawn:

JBUuHyb.png

There's also a totem right next to it. Note how the biome changes to Eerie o_O

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
So... 0.6.5 worlds get a LOT of time to convert to 0.7.

My question is, why? Something is not right, it shouldnt take time to do that and all this confusions about 'freeze when loading' would stop...

I think it was mentioned quite a lot of pages back that its the new obelisk generation causing it as it to checking all previously discovered chunks for spawnable locations of the obelisks but... I could be remembering wrong and can't find where it's mentioned at the moment. Edit: this is not the case.

Last edited:

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
crops are do not acceleration growth up speed with sprinker, and can't set seed on crop.

Is this a new world or an old world you updated to 0.7.0/0.7.1 as if its an updated world you need to change the soil of your crops to the newly required soil types of 0.7.0 onwards i.e. magical crops now needs tilled garden soil if im not mistaken.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
I was just wondering, does anyone know exactly what light level the direwolves spawn at, because I suddenly had three of them within the walls of my base, yet according to F7 there are no areas that they should be able too :-S

Had same issue. And the howling was making me howl, so I just went into the configs and committed genocide. Also turned off enderminnies attacking creepers. Blessed silence. Mostly.

Black_Fox9653

Jul 29, 2019
For obelisks to spawn in already generated chunks, do you have to alter the config file, or will it do it automatically upon updating?

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
well, how much time i need to wait? the server still freeze after one hour

If your just waiting for an answer from thephoenixlodge only then it could be awhile as it's currently after mid-night where the thepgoenixlodge is and he could be asleep so if you can wait patiently that would be great other than that if you don't mind another member answering your question maybe someone will hopefully appear sooner.

Last edited:

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Well after a changing the Enchiridion 2 config option (B:"Disable Autodiscovery"=true) to (B:"Disable Autodiscovery"=false) I have both now and the server runs fine without getting the crash. @thephoenixlodge after doing a little config research of Enchiridion 2 the 0.7.0 server has auto discovery set to false as default and got set to true for 0.7.1 thus causing the problem.

Yeah that's what the issue was. And why it was 'working' for me. But checking the crash reports revealed why. Fixed it now, but the config option works too ;p. I'll probably remove auto-discovery anyways. If I'm gonna have a config option to turn it off... That means you have to register them anyways, so it kind of defeats the point >.>

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah that's what the issue was. And why it was 'working' for me. But checking the crash reports revealed why. Fixed it now, but the config option works too ;p.

That's excellent news and would like to thank you for being so quick off the bat to get the issue fixed.

Cadeff

Jul 29, 2019
Well here's my first crash for this pack and 0.7.1. I was using NEI to get the recipe for a the door from carpenter's blocks.

Attachments

• crash-2015-03-16_13.31.26-client.txt
    37.4 KB · Views: 71

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I think it was mentioned quite a lot of pages back that its the new obelisk generation causing it as it to checking all previously discovered chunks for spawnable locations of the obelisks but... I could be remembering wrong and can't find where it's mentioned at the moment.

Edited since retrogen of Thaumcraft structures is disabled so my point was not valid. Also, since Thaumcraft retrogen is disabled, it shouldnt be the cause of the long waiting time....

Last edited:

Black_Fox9653

Jul 29, 2019
I could be wrong but... I think you need to generate new terrain to find obelisks.
Ah k, then why would the obilisks be causing the lag on start up for people updating?
I went and specifically turned on retro gen for thaumcraft structures and upon startup after updating it only took about 5 mins to load the world :-S

Last edited: