[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Cobalt_Cat

Jul 29, 2019
Exact same issue, no idea how to solve it. I say do what I did and just load your backup and revert back to .65 until thephoenixlodge can get the quests to do right.
Alright. Thanks. I wish there was a better solution, and I'll definitely post something if I can find one.

Joey Miller

Jul 29, 2019
My game keeps freezing and I really love playing this modpack please help it keeps telling me that chisel chests are missing

Cobalt_Cat

Jul 29, 2019
My game keeps freezing and I really love playing this modpack please help it keeps telling me that chisel chests are missing
At this time, you may want to revert back to 0.65. The missing chisel chests are IDs that have been removed in updating the modpack. Go to the FTB launcher and choose 0.65 in the versions. This will downgrade your pack back to a level that is hopefully playable. If you can, post an error message or something of the sort so that we can be more helpful here. We can do little without information. Also, the freezing (although unlikely) could be caused by lag. Make sure you are allocating a decent amount of RAM to the pack before you load it again. This is visible in the options tab. Best of luck to you. :D

Nelleam

Jul 29, 2019
Just in case anyone has the same problem, poppy seeds need to be planted on un-tilled garden soil. If you till it, it won't let you plant it. Is this intended?
Also, it seems that tiled garden soil stays tilled even after I break it.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Just in case anyone has the same problem, poppy seeds need to be planted on un-tilled garden soil. If you till it, it won't let you plant it. Is this intended?

This topic has been visited and revisited quite a few times, and I believe the information was included in the .7 changelog.

Joey Miller

Jul 29, 2019
At this time, you may want to revert back to 0.65. The missing chisel chests are IDs that have been removed in updating the modpack. Go to the FTB launcher and choose 0.65 in the versions. This will downgrade your pack back to a level that is hopefully playable. If you can, post an error message or something of the sort so that we can be more helpful here. We can do little without information. Also, the freezing (although unlikely) could be caused by lag. Make sure you are allocating a decent amount of RAM to the pack before you load it again. This is visible in the options tab. Best of luck to you. :D

Thank you doing that now

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Any one have any thoughts on why HQM is not allowing me to claim rewards when I am grouped with my son?
What rewards setting are you on in the party menu? Unless it is set to multiple rewards only one copy of each set of rewards can be claimed from the quests.
Very much so, and it states as much in the questbook.

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019
What rewards setting are you on in the party menu? Unless it is set to multiple rewards only one copy of each set of rewards can be claimed from the quests.

What ever the default is. But the thing is, we can not claim any reward. Not even once. We can complete the tasks, the task can be claimed...but when the button is pressed no one gets anything. If my son leaves the party, the reward can be claimed individually for both. It appears that being in a group blocks any the ability to claim rewards.

As a side note, my son and I are both enjoying the pack. I would love to see Better storage...love them backpacks. But one buggy mess at a time.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Playing in a fresh 0.71 world and clicked on daybloom in NEI and CTDed.

Restarted client, did not click on daybloom in NEI (looked it up in Lexica instead...) and quest worked fine, so only issue may be the NEI lookup. Afraid to click it again. :p

Reactions: GidiL

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried a few times with my old quest book file to boot with 0.71 but get the same problems as most who are experiencing loading problems. So I'll still be going ahead with my "fix" of restarting the quest book with my save

DragoonPreston

Jul 29, 2019
Playing in a fresh 0.71 world and clicked on daybloom in NEI and CTDed.

Restarted client, did not click on daybloom in NEI (looked it up in Lexica instead...) and quest worked fine, so only issue may be the NEI lookup. Afraid to click it again. :p

If you use "R" to look up items it wont crash just clicking to look up them, I have this same problem. Rather quite annoying as I'm not used to using "R" and "U" just Left and Right Click.

Reactions: GidiL

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Kind of an off question, and I apologize if it's been addressed in .7/.71, but is there any chance of using creeper essence to make a creeper heart, or are we going to have to kill hordes of creepers for them?

Micahcan

Jul 29, 2019
After updating to 0.7.1, I also had the long loading screen with the missing items on load. After that, I can no longer plant essence crop of any kind. I can, however, plant vanilla crop like "seed". I started a new world and tried planting coal essence and a couple others and can't plant anymore. Before the update I had no issues. Matter of fact, all of my essence plants are doing fine, I just can't plant any new seeds.

Cobalt_Cat

Jul 29, 2019
After updating to 0.7.1, I also had the long loading screen with the missing items on load. After that, I can no longer plant essence crop of any kind. I can, however, plant vanilla crop like "seed". I started a new world and tried planting coal essence and a couple others and can't plant anymore. Before the update I had no issues. Matter of fact, all of my essence plants are doing fine, I just can't plant any new seeds.
It mentioned in the changelog and now in the questline that essence seeds can only be planted on tilled garden soil.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
There's a creative obelisk spawner in NEI, however it doesn't come with a sinister node, so you'll need to stick a sinister node in there between the pedestal and actual obelisk.

Thank you, and sorry for all the Obelisk talk:(

This is for anyone else that is have as much trouble as a few other and I have/are in finding a thaumcraft Eldritch Obelisk in your world.

1st you can use the Sinister Loadstone to hunt, well sinister nodes. That is what is under a Obelisk, but you will also be led to totems, and sinister nodes themselves.

2nd I did some testing and found out a few things. If you load up another world to hunt for an Obelisk and find one you can make a schematics of it then transfer it to your world. I made one and was able to export using Mcedit then import it to my world. I also tested if it still would work when activated, and it did. I also have the Obelisk.schematics if someone wants it, I will set it up later to share it.

3rd I tried the creative Obelisk spawner, however as stated by thephoenixlodge it does not add the sinister node. Without it the portal will not work(you can not activate it. The bad news is even if you find the node(they are easy to find) you can not place the creative obelisk to use the node. I haven't tested if it will work next to it instead of between the pedestal & obelisk. If you are familiar with the middle mouse click while in creative looking at an item/block you add that item to you inventory(copy it). I did test if you copy the obelisk, and the pedestal under it then place the pedestal under a sinister node and the obelisk above it that works. Then all you have to do is put in the hours of work to get everything to you need to activate it. I hope that helps.

harrylipwig

Jul 29, 2019
Have stat gains been nerfed. My plants aren't raising as fast as in 65 I'm using 10/10/10 plants to push them up but some are creeping really slowly. In 65 it took only 4 swap outs to get it maxed. Now it seems random.

FirefoxAegis

Jul 29, 2019
Have stat gains been nerfed. My plants aren't raising as fast as in 65 I'm using 10/10/10 plants to push them up but some are creeping really slowly. In 65 it took only 4 swap outs to get it maxed. Now it seems random.
I don't believe it's possible to boost the stats of plants with different plants now. You need to do it the long way now

Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

That can only be boosted from the same plant/seed type now. If you are using the same type then I'm not sure.